Kaspersky Plus - limited vpn issue

Go to solution Solved by Tony K,

Very strange, buying Kaspersky's Plus product that should come with Unlimited VPN.

What I think is very horrible about Kaspersky is that I came from KTS, and it was informed that I would have Unlimited VPN, but Kaspersky changed Plans, informing those who buy the Product NOT WHO comes from KTS. bad that I still have more than 1 YEAR without having the VPN, this is complicated.

3 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

Very strange, buying Kaspersky's Plus product that should come with Unlimited VPN.

What I think is very horrible about Kaspersky is that I came from KTS, and it was informed that I would have Unlimited VPN, but Kaspersky changed Plans, informing those who buy the Product NOT WHO comes from KTS. bad that I still have more than 1 YEAR without having the VPN, this is complicated.

Hello @SystemInfo,

Welcome back!

No, it's not complicated, KTS comes with Standard/Limited VPN, when KTS is upgraded to Plus, the upgrade is *like for like* = *upgraded* Kaspersky Plus is with Standard/Limited VPN. 

Furthermore, Kaspersky have decided, for *all* new Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium subscriptions, the Subscription *owner* will get Unlimited VPN, all other User accounts associated on the Subscription get Standard/Limited VPN.

The problem is the websites & the documentation for the *new* Plus & Premium Subscriptions do not reflect this, simply showing Unlimited and Fast VPN

image.thumb.jpeg.12ade33c4affd1983378c7ff38d8b530.jpeg

The new software has been released for many months, (ioo) Kaspersky have had long enough to correct the websites & documentation. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, @Tony K, @elbmek, @mrmichle, @SystemInfo

VPN is offered in K Plus thats right but it is not UNLIMITED!

Free version VPN you can use 200 MB per day.
And 300 MB if you have connected your PC on My kaspersky. 500 MB when PC is connected to My Kaspersky and it is active K Plus subscribtion.

If you want UNLIMITED version of VPN you must purchase separate subscribtion.

All clear now?

01.png

03.png

04.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mrmichle said:
  •  I bought a 3-machine license.
  1. Am I to understand Unlimited will not work on my pc if my daughter already uses it on the same license? 

Hello @mrmichle

Welcome back!

The Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium *subscription* has three components to pay attention to:

1. The Term/duration
  2. The Number of Devices-machines.
  3. The Number of User Accounts

A Kaspersky Plus 1 year, 3 device, 2 User Account subscription - gives you - the Subscription owner, the following: 

Kaspersky Plus software for all 3 devices. 

Kaspersky Premium Password Manager, for 2 separate User Accounts to be used on any 3 devices: 

• The Information detail shows: A My Kaspersky account is required to use the solution. The number of private password vaults available to you varies according to the subscription purchased.

*One* Unlimited VPN for the Subscription owner - you may decide to permit (your) daughter to sign into the VPN with (your) user profile - in which case you share the Unlimited VPN - across the devices - OR IF (you) elect to give the Unlimited VPN to (your) daughter, then you will have Standard/Limited VPN, alternatively, you may decide to purchase a separate Premium VPN subscription, or (your) daughter may decide to purchase a separate Premium VPN subscription. 

image.thumb.jpeg.1a56be84f43179c1092db4a307dd87cb.jpeg

Kaspersky Premium subscription also has Kaspersky Safe Kids.

?Sadly, Kaspersky have still not added a *disclaimer* to their website/documentation - showing the Unlimited VPN - is exclusively for the Subscription owner, all other User accounts on the subscription - get Standard/Limited VPN?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

Had Internet Security and checked to see if updates were available. I was only given the option to update to the new platform which I did (I selected Basic). After installation I got a window saying with my subscription I was entitled to Plus so I installed that. However after installation my VPN was limited to 300mb which contradicts the Plus entitlements of unlimited VPN.

Contacted support and was told I had to purchase the unlimited package. Nowhere on the Kapsersky home page is there any mention of this under Plus.

Advertise one thing and then demand further payment.

Goodbye Kaspersky.

• 6 months later...

First time here (may be last 🙂 ) having just purchased Plus 5 users 2yrs.  Loaded onto 3 PCs and only the first PC I loaded it onto has the unlimited.

I had tried bitdefender but very intrusive/childlike, and wanted to charge extra for a VPN.  So went for Kaspersky but seems may have been a mistake.
Honestly Kaspersky is the same now, very 'google' with, 'no viruses -that's great' messages and the like.  Rarely heard from the previous version.

I can live with this IF I can move it to another PC as I am not the one who needs it...   Otherwise it will have to go.  Still able to cancel as just purchased but guess it will take a while.  Not happy with their purchase system keeping my details, thought that was prohibited in the EU ?

I know the problem with support, a friend tried to ask how to cancel an old subscription, no sensible reply but they sent regular mails asking to close in a week.  Replying ok close it all done just got another week, so didn't read it.  Tried everything, think it is still active ?

4 hours ago, mwchar said:
  1. Plus 5 users 2yrs. Loaded onto 3 PCs and only the first PC I loaded it onto has the unlimited.
  2. Honestly Kaspersky is the same now, very 'google' with, 'no viruses -that's great' messages and the like.  Rarely heard from the previous version.
  3. Not happy with their purchase system keeping my details, thought that was prohibited in the EU?
  4. I know the problem with support, a friend tried to ask how to cancel an old subscription, no sensible reply but they sent regular mails asking to close in a week.  Replying ok close it all done just got another week, so didn't read it.  Tried everything, think it is still active ?

Hello @mwchar

Welcome!

1. In the Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium subscription, Unlimited VPN is for the subscription holder *only*, so, the Unlimited VPN can be used on the other two PCs *IF*, you use the same email address that you used to purchase the subscription, if different email addresses are used, the VPN will be Standard/Limited. The Kaspersky Plus & Kaspersky Premium subscription - 5 Users - covers the AV & Kaspersky Premium Password Managers for 5 Users *NOT* Unlimited VPN for 5 users. 
  2. Have all the Promotional material notifications been unchecked? Read: How to configure application notifications?  & see image 
    Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.3cb41e285bd547dbc63230bd8e32ec40.jpeg

3. Subscription based agreements are cyclical, how is the consumer going to honour the agreement when it becomes due at the next renewal? The consumer consents to the Subscription T & C when they purchase the Subscription. IF (you) are unhappy with any aspect of the product, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Order and payment issues, How to request a refund? template; please include any screen images & a detailed history. Support may request other details; they will guide you, use this guide as a reference: How to request a refund? & see image
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df35904cd1840fd5afb8c9dd1ea1d8af.png

4. Your comments for dot point 4. are confusing, we don't know if you're sharing your own experience or that of a friend, irrespective, the only resolution available is via the Kaspersky Customer Service team; IF you have any issues, post back the Incident reference please? 

Thank you. 

Edited by TKSC
added images

Thanks for the info TKSC, I tried cust service for a friend and they were constantly just copy/pasting replies.  See this do that, often didn't have the options they said to use which a lot also do Microsoft is the worst.

Anyway see if I have this right.
You said - the Unlimited VPN can be used on the other two PCs *IF*, you use the same email address that you used to purchase the subscription,
So when adding another PC (family in the same house) if I send a link to my e-mail I have with Kaspersky it will allow full VPN use.  Currently shows my PC as 'home' which has full VPN but my son's as limited.

And-if different email addresses are used, the VPN will be Standard/Limited
So because I sent this to my son using his e-mail the VPN is limited.  

So the solution is to uninstall on his PC and send myself an installation mail and then log into my mail and install it on his PC for him and he will have full VPN as well as me ?

Note though: As I said basically I want the full VPN on his PC not mine so not a problem if I don't have it.  So how would I make his PC the 'home one' with full VPN ?  This would solve my problem
I feel lots of uninstall / reinstalls approaching ..... oh well 🙂

Just an update to say this is all working, and son very impressed.  Basically as TKSC said, install from the owner of the licence's e-mail (where it sends a link to install on another PC) and VPN is fully active.  Worked on subsequent PCs ok.

Only one of the 5 PCs gave trouble and that apparently had an old no longer used Kaspersky on it.  It loaded ok but restricted VPN, on going back next day to uninstall / reinstall and it had already change to full VPN.