Kaspersky Plus - limited vpn issue

Go to solution Solved by Tony K,

Hey guys,

I just got the plus today for my family, and having some issues with using vpn.

So the main account - it gets unlimited vpn.

But when it comes to other account using shared subscritipn, it only gives 300mb per day.

I was live chat with customer help, but it seems they are not aware what the problem is.

They asked me to download debug version and AIDA64 and send the report, but I don't think its gonna fix the "account subscription" issue with whateva data they could get from it.

So has anyone else had the same/similar issue and solved it?

!!! I just realised that my shared account shows my supscription is "Kaspersky Security Cloud personal-premium" 
But the owner account shows kaspersky plus.

Would this be the issue?

If so, it this meant to be or something went wrong?

Hello @Tony K

Welcome!

Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal Premium is the old version & comes with Free, limited VPN.  

Kaspersky Plus, purchased as a *new* subscription, not converted, comes with Unlimited VPN. 

To explain, Kaspersky's original range, had software with Free VPN included - Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal Premium is one of those products, if a Kaspersky subscriber has Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal Premium, they can now upgrade the software to Kaspersky Plus but, the additional feature of full unlimited VPN is not available to those subscribers as their original subscription only ever had Free VPN = limited, not unlimited. 

However, from what we understand you're reporting, you've purchased a brand-new Kaspersky Plus subscription, not converted, if that's correct, your subscription should have Unlimited VPN - for some reason the 'shared' account reflects Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal Premium with Free, limited VPN?

1. Have you previously had a Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal Premium subscription? 
  2. Is the 'shared' account email address the same as the Kaspersky Plus (owner account)? 

(ioo) it makes no sense that support would require a debug analysis to sort out this issue *but* only Kaspersky support can help you, they need to understand what the problem is, we recommend you contact them again please. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added additional resource. || added 2 questions.

Hey,@Flood and Flood's wife

After reading your post, I have continued communication with the support.

I have sent them whatever they have requested (Which I still don't get it why they need that)

And I finally got a reply saying...

Dear customer,

Greetings!

Thank you for your response. I hope you're doing well.

Looking at the screenshot and your My Kaspersky account, we see that the Kaspersky Security & VPN app is activated. Therefore, if there's no further inquiry/issue you need our help with, we would like to seek your permission to close this case kindly.

Don't hesitate to contact us for any assistance.
Ali || Customer Service Representative

WHAT A JOKE. 

Nothing solved. Still has only the limited vpn... 

Been long time kaspersky user, but thinking about requesting refund at the moment.

Okay, another about 2 hours chat with customer service, I just found out kaspersky customer service dropped down by far...

They just don't know their services well enough. Also doesn't really hear from customer(my) side.

Anyway, finally, the guy I talked at last ( I think I was with about 5 different guys ...) listend after long chat...

So here are the findings

1. ONLY THE OWNER ACCOUNT(Account that purchased subscription) GETS UNLIMITED VPN

• Thanks 1

continued...

• It is still 10 (or more according to the customer service) that you can use the vpn as long as it is under the owner account - not sure why they stated "5 user accounts" 

2. "5 user accounts and 10 devices" do get the kaspersky plus - just not the unlimtied vpn

• According to customer service,
    Kaspersky plus subscription is NOT Kaspersky plus + kaspersky vpn + kaspersky password manager. 
    Its Kaspersky Plus only for 5 accounts + 1 account gets Kaspersky plus + vpn + password manager
  • TBH, I haven't confiremd if shared account can use password manager.

So for the conclusion,

- Just use 1 account to share the purchase. 

And If Kaspersky team is reading this - MAKE IT YOUR WORD RIGHT ON OUR F- WEBSITE.
Truthly, if you actually designed your plan like this, this is quite stupid.
Just don't even let it be 5 account from the first place, or let all get what they should get.

+ EDUCATE CUSTOMER SERVICE, I shouldn't have wasted 3+ days to notify only the "owener account" gets the unlimited vpn.

• Thanks 1

Hello @Tony K

Thank you for the update & the information.

Well, we're confused. 

& none the clearer?

As we advised above Kaspersky Plus comes with the Unlimited VPN, if the subscription is purchased *new*, not upgraded from existing 21.3 subscription(s). 

1. Before Friday, when you posted - "I just got the plus today for my family and having some issues with using vpn.", had you ever had *any* paid subscription for any Kaspersky software? 
  2. IF the answer is "yes", what was the name of that subscription & is that subscription still active? 
  3. IF the *guy that listened* told you the Owner account gets Unlimited VPN with the Kaspersky Plus subscription (which at this point we're assuming is purchased as a new subscription, not upgraded), did he check how many User accounts are covered by that subscription
  4. The *owner* of the subscription shares the subscription with the other User accounts.
  5. The *owner* of the subscription retains ownership of the subscription, he/she can withdraw access from those User accounts he/she has invited to share the subscription - at any time. 
  6. IF the subscription says there's 5 USER ACCOUNTS = 5 MyKaspersky accounts & 5 Premium Kaspersky Password Managers. 
  7. We've just looked at our Kaspersky Plus subscription, it says: Unlimited VPN for 1 User account and 5 devices. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

We're checking with support, we'll update this topic with the outcome. 
  • Like 1

Hey @Flood and Flood's wife

1&2 -  Yes I had been using kaspersky since there even was a subscription thing. The last purchased one was 3 year subscription and I think it was kaspersky total security. It expired about 2 weeks ago.

3. yep, I wrote last post. I accidently click submit before finishing my post, and it didn't let me edit so I had to add another post below. So 5 user accounts does work for Kaspersky plus BUT only 1 main account gets unlimited vpn. according to him, 10+ devices can have unlimited vpn if its under 1 account - which sounds wrong but he said it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tony K said:

Where can I find this?

Hello @Tony K

In MyK, go to: Subscriptions tab. select the tiny > arrow on the righthand side of the Kaspersky Plus sub, select Apps - all the apps associated with (your) K+ sub will be listed,

*Not all the conditions are shown tho?, we've had this battle with Kaspersky for a long time; Kaspersky subscribers should be able to look at their subscription & clearly see the relevant conditions & requirements - atm, that's not possible* 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Solution

@Flood and Flood's wife

After purchasing, then finally able to see the conditions... wow

10 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

In MyK, go to: Subscriptions tab. select the tiny > arrow on the righthand side of the Kaspersky Plus sub, select Apps - all the apps associated with (your) K+ sub will be listed,

I just checked it for 10 devices subscription - 

Kaspersky plus - 10 devices
VPN - 1 user, 10 devices
password manager - 5 users

That is quite interesting and confusing design of product... 

Anyway, I didn't have much to do this morning, so I am loding a complaint to nsw fair trading so kaspersky may change things a bit. I don't know if fair trading is gonna react on this complaint but o well... hahaha

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony K said:

@Flood and Flood's wife

After purchasing, then finally able to see the conditions... wow

I just checked it for 10 devices subscription - 

Kaspersky plus - 10 devices
VPN - 1 user, 10 devices
password manager - 5 users

That is quite interesting and confusing design of product... 

Anyway, I didn't have much to do this morning, so I am loading a complaint to nsw fair trading so Kaspersky may change things a bit. I don't know if fair trading is gonna react on this complaint but o well... hahaha

Hello @Tony K

Thank you for the update!

Re NSWFT, from memory Aussie Consumer Law does not apply, but, it'd be good to hear what they have to say about it?, thank you for being proactive?

Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ - by Danila T.  -

Q3. Is unlimited VPN license included in Kaspersky Plus?

A. Yes.

No, bits & bobs, just straight up & down - yes. 

We were going to suggest reading the Kaspersky Plus EULA, but, there are none for software that's been commercially released for more than 7 months; all the EULA listed under Kaspersky Standard | Plus | Premium - are for v21.3 software, Kaspersky's old software range:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df4e0af7549c0ebbe3b46d296e4c9d98.png

We've just finished with Online Chat:

We asked, on Kaspersky Plus - This subscription term - 1 year - 5 devices - 3 user accounts - how many users are covered for the Unlimited VPN & on Kaspersky Plus, where does it specify the User account limitations for the Unlimited VPN? 

The Chat Op replied: 

The number of devices that can be covers for the Premium Kaspersky VPN of a Kaspersky Plus license is proportional to the number of devices that the Kaspersky Plus license can cover. If the Kaspersky Plus license is for 5 devices, you can activate Premium Kaspersky VPN on 5 devices. If it is 10, then 10 Premium Kaspersky VPN.
The Premium Kaspersky VPN is only entitled to the master's/owner's My Kaspersky account.

We so love how they always answer a question we don't ask first?

We asked:

Where does it say *Premium Kaspersky VPN is only entitled to the master's/owner's My Kaspersky account.*?

The Chat Op replied: 

As of the moment, our public articles and online stores are not yet updated regarding this but please rest assure that we have already brought up this issue to the attention of the concerned team as this was not the first inquiry we received regarding this.

We replied: 

Considering the new software has been commercially released for months now - (ioo) Kaspersky is engaged in false & deceptive marketing. Do not close the INC - escalate it to Russia & tell them to provide us with the documentation that explicitly states - * Premium Kaspersky VPN is only entitled to the master's/owner's My Kaspersky account. *

&, they need to drop the *master* before they publish any documentation, let's see if they can write gender neutral documentation? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Kaspersky is engaged in false & deceptive marketing.

Quite disgusting... but o well, nothing much I can do at this point.

7 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

they need to drop the *master* before they publish any documentation, let's see if they can write gender neutral documentation? 

HAHAHA...

O well, I am switching to another anti-virus after a year.
I only chosed kaspersky as I am so used to it but... I guess its time to try something new ?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2023 at 6:03 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

The Chat Op replied: 

The number of devices that can be covers for the Premium Kaspersky VPN of a Kaspersky Plus license is proportional to the number of devices that the Kaspersky Plus license can cover. If the Kaspersky Plus license is for 5 devices, you can activate Premium Kaspersky VPN on 5 devices. If it is 10, then 10 Premium Kaspersky VPN.
The Premium Kaspersky VPN is only entitled to the master's/owner's My Kaspersky account.

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife, apologies if I should have created a new topic rather than replying in this one.

Do you happen to know if the ''Unlimited VPN is limited to 1x User Account'' rule also applies to a Kaspersky Premium - 20 Devices - 3 Years licence? I'm thinking about purchasing one but I need to use the Unlimited VPN in 2x User Accounts so I'm on the fence whether to just acquire 2x Kaspersky Premium - 10 Devices - 3 Years licences or 1x Kaspersky Premium - 20 Devices - 3 Years licence.

I already contacted Kaspersky Support via chat regarding this but the Chat Op told me the Unlimited VPN can be used on 10x User Accounts which is probably false information taking into account the info found in this topic.

If it is to be purchased for 20 devices. If the VPN is required for 2 devices, you need to purchase licenses for 2x 10 devices.

As mentioned, each purchase is limited to one unlimited VPN.
More detailed information is expected to be announced in the purchasing sections in the near future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Josh Abe said:

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife, apologies if I should have created a new topic rather than replying in this one.

1. Do you happen to know if the ''Unlimited VPN is limited to 1x User Account'' rule also applies to a Kaspersky Premium - 20 Devices - 3 Years license?

I'm thinking about purchasing one but I need to use the Unlimited VPN in 2x User Accounts so I'm on the fence whether to just acquire 2x Kaspersky Premium - 10 Devices - 3 Years licenses or 1x Kaspersky Premium - 20 Devices - 3 Years license.

I already contacted Kaspersky Support via chat regarding this but the Chat Op told me the Unlimited VPN can be used on 10x User Accounts which is probably false information taking into account the info found in this topic.

Hello @Josh Abe

Welcome & don't worry, (your) question is related to the topic?

Advice received from Kaspersky's experts, Thursday, 23 February 2023 04:38: 

Kaspersky are planning to grant KSeC usage for all available in Premium License accounts. It will be fixed after March 16, 2023.

KSeC = Kaspersky VPN. 

We actually read (your) reply last night & decided to contact support again, this time the Chat operator said:

"For Kaspersky secure connection, it will be only for 1 My Kaspersky account, Kaspersky Secure Connection is a standalone plan that is only for 1 account for 5 devices. Since this is a new version of Kaspersky plan. Which is why it is combined with the plan but the actual method of using the VPN remains the same." 

We told the operator - WTF? 

In Kaspersky old software range, KTS & Security Cloud came with Free VPN, if consumers wanted the Premium VPN they had to buy a separate subscription; Kaspersky have made a big hoohah about their new range: Plus & Premium having *Unlimited* VPN incorporated into the Kaspersky Premium subscription, exactly as it shows in the Kaspersky Basic | Standard | Plus | Premium, Comparison of subscription plans table; now, IF we are to believe the support guy from last night, they're suggesting the *new* software range incorporates the Premium VPN  but only for one user for 5 devices?

What a mess!

✳️Our suggestion @Josh Abe, wait & see what happens around March 16th 2023, noting, whatever they are talking about may not happen on that date (they said: "It will be fixed after March 16, 2023", not "It will be fixed *on* March 16, 2023).

IF more information becomes available, we'll update this topic.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Corrected grammar

On 2/22/2023 at 5:51 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Our suggestion @Josh Abe, wait & see what happens around March 16th 2023, noting, whatever they are talking about may not happen on that date (they said: "It will be fixed after March 16, 2023", not "It will be fixed *on* March 16, 2023).

IF more information becomes available, we'll update this topic.  

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you for contacting a Kaspersky expert about this, in this case I'll wait until March 16 or until clear information is given about this subject, will sub to this topic in case new info becomes available.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Josh Abe said:

Does anyone have any news on this subject?

Hello @Josh Abe

Welcome back!

These are the comms we've had from the experts on the subject: 

Thursday, 23 February 2023 04:38
It will be fixed after March 16, 2023. We are planning to grant KSeC usage for all available in
Premium License accounts.

Tuesday, 28 February 2023 01:39
The 'All available' refers to all accounts set for purchased licenses. Hope it is more clearly.
It will be implemented in all Tiers with Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection included.
We are talking about accounts and the ability to activate Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection in several accounts, only in the Master accounts. Device quantity will stay the same. Depends on the purchased Licenses. This specification will be added at the purchase step in the shopping cart.

Friday, 3 March 2023 00:27
Due to some technical implementation features, Kaspersky VPN usage will stay the same. The ability to use Kaspersky VPN will be for the master account only. There will be no option to use Kaspersky VPN in sub-accounts. All the devices connected to the Master account can use Kaspersky VPN.
Unlimited VPN will be available in 1 account (License owner account = Master account). In other accounts, Kaspersky VPN will be available in Free mode (300 Mb)
IF the Kaspersky PLUS OR PREMIUM is for *10 devices*
IF the Kaspersky PLUS OR PREMIUM is for *20 devices*
The customer can use 10 or 20 devices, whatever the license covers. Each device will have the option to use an Unlimited VPN. All these devices have to be bound to Master-account. (Subscriber account).

Tuesday, 7 March 2023 02:56
When we informed the customer about: "We are planning to grant KSeC usage for all available in Premium License accounts." we assumed and planned it. But due to some features of technical implementation, KSeC usage will stay the same. The ability to use KSeC will be for the master account only. There will be no option to use KSeC in sub-accounts. All the devices connected to the Master account are able to use KSeC.
The customer asked us about our plans - we shared them. so at the moment, we provided with our last decision.
All the appropriate documentation and notifications on the purchased site and in the cart will be updated in Q2-Q3 of 2023. 

end-quote

?So, as of this date, Kaspersky are *still* advertising Plus & Premium - with Unlimited VPN - with no qualifying information, which, in our opinion amounts to false advertising. 

▶️For your needs @Josh Abe, based on the above, if you're still proceeding with purchasing the software, buy two separate subscriptions to cover your requirements.

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Corrected formatting
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

So, as of this date, Kaspersky are *still* advertising Plus & Premium - with Unlimited VPN - with no qualifying information, which, in our opinion amounts to false advertising. 

▶️For your needs @Josh Abe, based on the above, if you're still proceeding with purchasing the software, buy two separate subscriptions to cover your requirements.

Thank you for sharing all of this information, I really appreciate it, in this case I'll follow your advice and purchase 2x Kaspersky Premium - 10 Devices - 3 Years licences instead of 1x Kaspersky Premium - 20 Devices - 3 Years licence.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1

I bought a 3 machine licence. Am I to understand Unlimited will not work on my pc if my daughter already uses it on same licence? That is grossly unfair and as I paid for Plus I expect Plus not a watered down version

42 minutes ago, elbmek said:

I bought a 3-machine license. Am I to understand Unlimited will not work on my pc if my daughter already uses it on same license? That is grossly unfair and as I paid for Plus, I expect Plus not a watered-down version.

Hello @elbmek

Welcome back!

Kaspersky have decided that Plus or Premium *Unlimited* VPN, is available for the Subscriber account *only*; any associated sub-accounts get Standard/Free VPN. 

(ioo) it's more than 'grossly unfair', especially as they appear not to be in any particular rush to update all available information. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

corrected formatting

I bought Plus mainly because of the VPN. AND I am the purchaser. If Kaskersky cannot provide unlimited VPN, then they have renaged on the contract and I may soon be killing it, looking elsewhere, and demanding a refund. I AM NOT getting what I paid for.