Kaspersky Password Manager Plug-In Problem in Firefox 69.0.3 (64bit)

MDZUPINA

Hallo,

I have a problem with KPM in Firefox. The KPM extension seems to be installed and enabled in Firefox 69.0.3 (64bit).

However, it does not seem to be working. As you cen see in the next picture, it is not in the list of extensions.

Simply, I cannot see a “key symbol” on any log-in page. I tried reinstalling Mozilla Firefoox and KPM. I use the latest versions of both. Does anybody experience the same issue. Thanks.

Hello @MDZUPINA,

KPM application:

• Make a Backup
  • Export Passwords
  • Uninstall KPM
  • Reboot, Shutdown device (not Restart)
  • Power on, login, check: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\ - make sure there’s no Kaspersky Password Manager* files/folders

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Kaspersky Lab - make sure there’s no Kaspersky Password Manager* files/folders

C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab - make sure there’s no Kaspersky Password Manager* files/folders

• If the 3 locations are clear of Kaspersky Password Manager, download, install new Kaspersky Password Manager installer. 
  • Reboot, Shutdown device (not Restart)
  • Power on, login, start Kaspersky Password Manager application.
  • Start Firefox browser - check for Kaspersky Password Manager Addon, if necessary repeat .xpi import.

Please let me know?

Thank you. 

Well, it did not help either. However, I solved it by uninstalling all Kaspersky stuff and Mozilla Firefox. Then, I deleted all folders connected to Kaspersky and Firefox in any way and also cleaned registries. Installed all again and somehow it works again. However, thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

1- Windows 10 home x64

2- KPM 9.0.2.1263 (d) / 1570808480_6318 (licensed)

3- Firefox 9.0.2.1263 (d) / 1570808480_6318

My KMP aplication works fine, but not within Mozilla. The KPM used to work well. Suddently the “green key icon” gets red, and stopped working (none of my passwords could be filled by KPM anymore). There was a message asking me to restart the computer so the KPM could work again. I restarted the computer but nothing happened.

So I unistalled Mozilla and the whole Kaspersky package and re-instaled all again (I did deleted all the files of the system before re-install). Now I can´t add the extention anymore.  I tried to install the extention from the file, but the file xpi isn´t there. Then I downloaded the xpi file from this forum, but in another conversation. But nothing I did make KPM work again. The Kaspersky Protection works fine within Mozilla, but nothing makes the KPM work again. I already wasted a lot of hours trying to fix it, but no sucess.

Hello @Lucas L,

Thank you for replying & thanks for Mozilla update👌

1. Windows 10, what version & build please?
  2. Does KPM application have a default browser configured?
  3. Firefox, do you use a Master Password? 
  4. Have you done a Firefox “refresh” procedure?
  5. If you have any images, for example Red Key, it would be good to see them please? 
  6. Have you raised a case with the Kaspersky Technical Support Team?

Please let me know?

Thank you. 

1. Version 1903 / 18362.418 (Sorry, is this the number you asked as build?)
  2. Yes, it is Mozilla. 
  3. Yes.
  4. Yes.
  5. Actually the Key is not even appearing on the navigator and the extention is not available on the Adds-Ons page. I´ve repeated the uninstall and install again several times. When I tried to install the extension from the xpi file I had, I saw the Key, but it was grey and still not working. Is there some other print I can provide to help?
  6. Not yet. I´m doing it right now.

Hello   @Lucas L,

Thank you for posting back and the extra information. 

1. If you don’t have any images of the issue then that’s ok, I was hoping they may have been captured at the time.
  2. Would you mind reviewing the Advanced Configuration, install Kaspersky Password Manager extensions documentation again please? 
  3. Earlier you advised the .xpi file did not exist, however, your last reply indicates the .xpi file is (now) there but, “importing” it, still results in a grey key, is that correct? 
  4. At any stage, uninstall/reinstall, have you used Kavremover? 
  5. Can you try with FireFox Master Password deactivated please?

Please let me know?

Thank you.

Hello, Flood.

I´m sorry for the lapse. I´ve been very busy in the last days. I´m still dealing with the KPM issue. I´ll answer your last message now:

1. Ok

2. I did it.

3. It really doesn´t exist, but in one of my trials to solve the problem, I´ve downloaded the xpi file from this forum. Someone provided it in another conversation. I already lost that file (the downloaded one) and the link of the conversation.  Sorry if I didn´t make myself clear. 

4. No. I don´t even know it. Should I try it?

5. Try, you mean, unninstall and install all again?

Just another information: I have two computers: a desktop and a notebook (the problem occurs only on the notebook). Both have almost the same configuration (i7, Win 10), and both has the same Mozilla and Kaspersky version. The KPM works fine on the desktop.

• 1 month later...

unninstall and install all again?

Also can you please try this. 
> Close FF and reinstall KMP on top, (*)
> Open FF :  Is FF prompting to add the KPM extension ?
Please see this Kaspersky Lab Article https://support.kaspersky.com/14258#block1

? (*) Also A.T.M.  please don’t proceed with the KavRemover ?
“Do not use the kavremover tool unless recommended to do so
by Kaspersky Lab technical support engineers.”

Hello  @Lucas L &  @selesn777,

I think the issue has been fixed in patch g.

@Lucas L, what was the outcome from Kaspersky Technical Support? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Thanks for the answer! All I need is to have someone shared with me an extension for Firefox. I myself have it installed and will not engage in reinstalling web browser. Tips on reinstalling the program did not help ... Thanks in advance!

Hello  @selesn777,

• Just so I’m clear, do you have the same “original” problem as  @Lucas L, is that correct? 
  • What KPM patch is installed? 
  • Have you raised the issue with Tech Support? If “yes” what did they say?

Please let us know? 

Just as FYI: no-one should be using Kavremover unless instructed to do so. 

Also, even tho it’s kind to offer to share components of Kaspersky software via cloud services, it’s highly irregular, just imagine if someone “shared” a contaminated file😱 . 

Kaspersky software is not intended to be broken up into bits & pieces and applied bit by bit… 

Thank you

Hello  @selesn777,

• Just so I’m clear, do you have the same “original” problem as  @Lucas L, is that correct? 
  • Have you raised the issue with Tech Support? If “yes” what did they say?

Please let us know? 

Just as FYI: no-one should be using Kavremover unless instructed to do so. 

Also, even tho it’s kind to offer to share components of Kaspersky software via cloud services, it’s highly irregular, just imagine if someone “shared” a contaminated file😱 . 

Kaspersky software is not intended to be broken up into bits & pieces and applied bit by bit… 

Thank you

Thank you very much for trying to help, but I do not need it all. KPM is now set on a virtual machine and pick from there needed me the file. The most simple and quick solution. . .