Kaspersky needs to support better Windows Apps and Windows Store Programs

iJohnnyCash

Almost every day I have to close the Kaspersky which means that sometimes I forget to reopen it when I don't need anymore apps. Mostly the issues are with the messengers like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. For example, with active the Kaspersky, I can't send files through the WhatsApp.

Windows Apps path is like C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\[random string]\app\[app name].exe, with that random string to be changed from time to time. So, I have to add as trusted applications these programs again and again, or just kill the whole Kaspersky when I use these apps.

• 1 month later...

Hello @iJohnnyCash & @Pops58

Welcome!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

2 hours ago, iJohnnyCash said:

I do it, but nothing change really.

Hello @iJohnnyCash

You're most welcome!

IF Kaspersky Security Cloud is Premium Personal or Premium Family subscription, not Free, the best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

It is pretty clear what going on... Kaspersky didn't include exclusions for programs which are downloaded & installed from Windows Store. The path of these programs are changed during each update at least, so the user has to change the path very often. For example WhatsApp path now is like "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\5392344A.WhatsAppDesktop_2.2301.4.0_x64__randomstring\WhatsApp.exe"

I did a few further notices. In the exclusions UI settings there are two choices one "manage exclusions" and the other "specify trusted application". In the section choice there is no to use as a path symbol as "?" or "*" (check this link). In the generic choice of "manage exclusions" you can use ? and *, but is not working maybe because you excluded only one file not the whole program.

20230213A.png

20230213B.png

Hello @iJohnnyCash

You're most welcome!

1. We run WhatsAppDesktop_2.2301.4.0_x64 & do not have any issues, we do not have to create exclusions, we cannot replicate the issue. 
  2. Have you configured the exclusion at the folder level? 
  3. Export Kaspersky Security Cloud Settings, then Restore Kaspersky Security Cloud Settings to Default.
  4. Do not import the original Kaspersky Security Cloud Settings. 
  5. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  6. Re-check the issue?
  7. IF the issue persists & IF Kaspersky Security Cloud is Premium Personal or Premium Family subscription, not Free, the best course of action is to log a request with Kaspersky support, so a dedicated resource can be allocated to look at it. On the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added 2 to 6.