Kaspersky makes browsing very slow.

also what ad blocker do you use on chrome?  i currently using kaspersky protection extension on chrome because im using kaspersky total security AV.

is it possible i been getting ton of lag because of kaspersky total antivirus... but also because of the kaspersky protection extension on chrome?  So install something like ublockorigin and turn off kaspersky total AV and the kaspersky protection chrome extension and have windows defender on and see if chrome and computer still lags?

should background scan settings be always off?  Always have that on.  But that need to be on to give you real time protection or not?

Edited by Joefram80

14 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

when i do this, i went to windows defender and it seems windows defender activated?  can you post pic of how windows defender look after pausing KTS?

Now it seem KTS is turned off but when i check task manager and background processes, it still shows two programs kaspersky anti virus and kaspersky lab launcher... both 32 bit.  Thing is i have windows ten pro 6bit so shouldn't that be also 64 bit?  Also would i need to turn off both background processes to see if its indeed kaspersky total that is causing chrome to lag and also my laptop?   Read somewhere you have to turn off both kaspersky programs at startup and restart it?  if so, how to do that and is it necessary?

because the way it is now, even though KTS is paused, well background processes could still affect it?

Let's go in parts, after you pause KTS, go again with the right button on the icon and click on EXIT, check if the kaspersky lab launcher continues to appear in the task manager.
Notes: Even if your windows is 64bit, by default Kaspersky and installed 32bit, I also don't know why it's not 64bit. It's a great question to ask the forum moderators, hopefully they have an answer about it. if possible check if there is already a topic commenting on the subject 32 and 64 bits of KTS. If not, open a topic asking about it.

14 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

also what ad blocker do you use on chrome?  i currently using kaspersky protection extension on chrome because im using kaspersky total security AV.

is it possible i been getting ton of lag because of kaspersky total antivirus... but also because of the kaspersky protection extension on chrome?  So install something like ublockorigin and turn off kaspersky total AV and the kaspersky protection chrome extension and have windows defender on and see if chrome and computer still lags?

should background scan settings be always off?  Always have that on.  But that need to be on to give you real time protection or not?

1- The ad blocker for youtube videos. and for others I use uBlock Origin and Kaspersky
2- I checked with the moderators they even informed in some posts in the topics here in the forum, that if you configure Kaspersky in the WEB protection as Extreme it will make the navigation a little slower between 1 to 3 seconds to open the pages.
The reason is that Kaspersky makes several checks before the page is displayed, to see if there are possible malicious links in the database list and several other layers that exist, I even talked to the moderator who, therefore, has no problem in delaying this seconds, now that it bothers so much yes.
3- Protection being on and always good for your protection, which you can disable and the background scan that checks boot sectors of system files, memory, Rootkit. the same can be activated and let it scan and then you deactivate it as it will scan depending on your computer I think 5,000 files. fast thing. his consumption doing the scanning is very low, I believe it will not impact the performance of your computer.

From @Schulte : About 32/64 bit

“It comes down to this that KIS/KAV are modular and contain both the GUI - 32 bit process and SYSTEM drivers. There is no point in making the GUI a 64 bit process. However, the drivers that do actual SYSTEM level protection had been 64 bit for a while now. The selection which drivers to use happens automatically when you install the software”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Berny said:

From @Schulte : About 32/64 bit

“It comes down to this that KIS/KAV are modular and contain both the GUI - 32 bit process and SYSTEM drivers. There is no point in making the GUI a 64 bit process. However, the drivers that do actual SYSTEM level protection had been 64 bit for a while now. The selection which drivers to use happens automatically when you install the software”

Good explanation, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

hey

After pause protection on kaspersky total... how come i can't end task of the kaspersky lab launcher on task manager and says access denied?  Want to have kaspersky total completely off when trying to test if total kaspersky is culprit for lagging issues.  Or do i have to uninstall kaspersky total?

3 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

What protection level do you all put in settings when there is extreme, medium or low?  My settings are default medium.  Read extreme slow pc down so don't pick that?   Low is bad?

I put all options in Extreme.
even making my browsing a few seconds slower.

hey

After pause protection on kaspersky total... how come i can't end task of the kaspersky lab launcher on task manager and says access denied?  Want to have kaspersky total completely off when trying to test if total kaspersky is culprit for lagging issues.  Or do i have to uninstall kaspersky total?

After you have put KTS on pause, now put the option to exit.

image.png.51cf2e001753dc5c858e3a50032fce2f.png

check if it has already been completely finished in the task manager.

hey

you need to disable loading at system startup and then reboot your computer. Because there are some drivers running on the system.

7 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

How do you disable loading at startup?  Task manager?  if so where exactly?

Below are the steps:
1- Search for the option run >> click on run

image.png.678a55489f0046162b0160c808ecefca.png

2- Type msconfig >> OK

image.png.7e07244f0c3074e86c32f9280e3758da.png

3- Choose the SERVICES option >>> check the box >>> hide all Microsoft services >>> Uncheck all services that have Kaspersky >>>> OK button to confirm, and Restart the computer.

image.png.1532249794084b31a5135d07d55cf599.png

Note by doing this you are disabling all kaspersky services leaving your computer unprotected.