Kaspersky makes browsing very slow.

Good evening everyone, I was observing that my browsing with kaspersky activated is very slow, for example when I go to browse youtube it is very slow when I put kaspersky on pause and Windows Defender takes over the security of the pc, the browsing is fast, everything goes back normal.
why is this happening? Kaspersky makes all my browsing slow, pages take a while to open.

22 minutes ago, Berny said:

I already checked this topic, but my machine has 16GB of RAM memory, i7 2.5 GHz processor, but when I go to youtube or any page, it is very slow, I want to know if Kaspersky has any module that keeps checking the that I'm accessing, if so, why is it too slow?

On 7/14/2022 at 5:32 PM, SystemInfo said:

Good evening everyone, I was observing that my browsing with kaspersky activated is very slow, for example when I go to browse youtube it is very slow when I put kaspersky on pause and Windows Defender takes over the security of the pc, the browsing is fast, everything goes back normal.
why is this happening? Kaspersky makes all my browsing slow, pages take a while to open.

how do you temporarily pause kaspersky total?  So when you do that, you could tell if kaspersky total is the culprit of chrome lagging?

want to know if that is reason my chrome lags or not... but don't want to uninstall it because if i reinstall kaspersky total, i have to make changes to the settings such as i had to turn off safe browsing when shopping and that on screen keyboard.

is it confirmed just pausing kaspersky total as oppose to having to uninstall it could determine if its causing lag on chrome?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

how do you temporarily pause kaspersky total?  So when you do that, you could tell if kaspersky total is the culprit of chrome lagging?

want to know if that is reason my chrome lags or not... but don't want to uninstall it because if i reinstall kaspersky total, i have to make changes to the settings such as i had to turn off safe browsing when shopping and that on screen keyboard.

is it confirmed just pausing kaspersky total as oppose to having to uninstall it could determine if its causing lag on chrome?

Yes, when I pause Antivirus KTS, browsing on youtube and even on other sites is much faster, it returns to normal. more when I'm with KTS On, the pages are slow to load around 2 to 3 seconds to load the page.
As I had already asked here in this forum topic, if it would be an update that Kaspersky would have to do in some KTS modules to correct this problem, since I am not the only one with this problem.

5 hours ago, Berny said:

@Joefram80

Please disable temporary the Web Antivirus module ?
https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/21.3/en-US/85992.htm

From what you reported in this link, it may be that you have this slowness by checking the pages. but there should be a smarter way to do this analysis faster and not the end user having to pay for this delay because this slowness of 1, 2 or 3 seconds is very annoying, since I open and browse several pages for a long time every day. I've already used ESET Smart Security, which also has several security and page verification modules, but the product doesn't slow down, like Kaspersky's.
Does Kaspersky use something that is more secure than other products to be worth slowing down?

After our friend there put the link to take a look at the settings, I checked here in my antivirus, I noticed that I put everyone to work on Maxima protection, everyone working on Extreme. so now i understand why it is slow for a few seconds.
Knowing that's it, even working on the maximum protection, I find it strange to be on youtube taking between 1 to 2 seconds to load. to see the video.
if the price to pay to have better security, there's not much to do and accept this slowness of 1 to 3 seconds.

5 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

In general, it is Anti-Banner the cause of slowdown in many pages, and sometimes also Private Browsing, in upcoming version 21.7 (still in beta) it seems both are working better / faster, but still no YT ads blocking...

Even if a new version of KASPERSKY comes as I live in Brazil, I will only have this version there 21.7 here in Brazil in the year 2024, since the latest version has not arrived, which has already been distributed to some countries such as Australia, United States and Russia.
It takes a long time to get a more current version here in Brazil. I will get this Slow navigation or switching to another AV product.
But thanks for your explanation I appreciate it.

2 minutes ago, harlan4096 said:

Putting all modules at Max will evidently slow down the whole system, and specially Web Anti-Virus module (now called Safe Browsing). I have in Low this module.

The only settings I have on Max in my K. Plus 21.7 are on demand scan tasks ?

Why do you put Safe Browsing protection on Low, you don't take risks?

6 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

Yes, when I pause Antivirus KTS, browsing on youtube and even on other sites is much faster, it returns to normal. more when I'm with KTS On, the pages are slow to load around 2 to 3 seconds to load the page.
As I had already asked here in this forum topic, if it would be an update that Kaspersky would have to do in some KTS modules to correct this problem, since I am not the only one with this problem.

how to pause it temporarily?  when you did that, did you turn on windows defender or does windows defender turn on automatically when you pause kaspsersky?

4 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

how to pause it temporarily?  when you did that, did you turn on windows defender or does windows defender turn on automatically when you pause kaspsersky?

When I paused KTS, automatically activated Windows Defender

4 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

Also what settings should i change when having kaspersky total on?

Turn off anti banner?  What about safe browsing?

What about background scanning?  Should that be off then?

Even being slow in a few seconds to open the pages, I prefer to leave my settings and Maxima protection.

About your doubt you will only change the KTS in the Antivirus of the Web >>> put the option low or ideal. as the image below informs.

image.png.dc055a54a4c3fecdb4235195ef1f5e1f.png

Doing this check if the page speed returns to normal.

10 hours ago, Joefram80 said:

how exactly do you pause kts?  Right click and pause?  But it ask how long?

when i pause it, windows defender still is off?

To pause KTS, follow these steps:
1- Right-click the Kaspersky icon.
2- Go to Pause Protection option

image.png.659959f7cadee1dd2f2509617fd876d2.png

3- Choose the pause option.

image.png.320acee25e461a5cddc59fa0caf5ae94.png

4- will appear for you to confirm.
5- Automatically Windows Defender will be activated when your KTS is paused.

12 hours ago, SystemInfo said:

To pause KTS, follow these steps:
1- Right-click the Kaspersky icon.
2- Go to Pause Protection option

image.png.659959f7cadee1dd2f2509617fd876d2.png

3- Choose the pause option.

image.png.320acee25e461a5cddc59fa0caf5ae94.png

4- will appear for you to confirm.
5- Automatically Windows Defender will be activated when your KTS is paused.

when i do this, i went to windows defender and it seems windows defender activated?  can you post pic of how windows defender look after pausing KTS?

Now it seem KTS is turned off but when i check task manager and background processes, it still shows two programs kaspersky anti virus and kaspersky lab launcher... both 32 bit.  Thing is i have windows ten pro 6bit so shouldn't that be also 64 bit?  Also would i need to turn off both background processes to see if its indeed kaspersky total that is causing chrome to lag and also my laptop?   Read somewhere you have to turn off both kaspersky programs at startup and restart it?  if so, how to do that and is it necessary?

because the way it is now, even though KTS is paused, well background processes could still affect it?