Kaspersky Mail Checker cannot be loaded

leemingd
Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

Just now when i start Outlook I get persistent error every time I click anything.

The Add-in “Kaspersky Mail Checker” (C:\Program Files(x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\mcou.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.

I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows 10 64-bit build 18363.
Kaspersky 21.2.16.590 

• Solution

hi @leemingd , 

Try the following: 

run Command Prompt (Admin) (right click the Start button to find this option) and then execute the following commands: 

regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\x64\mcou.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\x64\mcou.dll"
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\mcou.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Internet Security 21.2\mcou.dll"

Restart PC.

How will it go after this? 

Regards,

Igor

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am having the same issue.

I tried to run these commands but each one returned  “The module “repeat of entered command” failed to load.

And a comment that “The specified module could not be found”

I copied and pasted the complete command one at a time and hit oK  and then the error message occurred. 

Any idea what i did wrong?

Thank

RDOIII

Kaspersky Total Security

Hello @RDOIII

Thank you for the information👌

Run Command Prompt (Admin) (right click the Start button to find this option) and then execute the following commands: 

regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2\x64\mcou.dll"    
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2\x64\mcou.dll"
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2\mcou.dll"
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2\mcou.dll"

Restart PC.

Let us know the outcome please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I have this same issue on Windows 7 pro. I have tried this solution but at each command prompt entry I was told the file was not found. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling (which seemed to work on my laptop) what is the resolution for this. Ty.

I do have two versions of the mcou.dll file. One is on the C: drive and is causing the error, and the other is on my E: backup drive. That backup copy is older and a smaller file. I tried to copy and paste but am told I cannot do so without system permission. I do not know how to do this from the command prompt (admin).

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the heads up on the patch issues, I verified that I have the update with patch (b) and reactivated the Kaspersky Mail Check in Outlook and it is now working fine. Appreciate the follow up

Hello @RDOIII

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for taking the time to let us know the Kaspersky Mail Checker cannot be loaded  issue, is resolved for you, with patch(b), we’re delighted with the outcome🤸

Cheers,

Flood🐳 +🐋

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello. I uninstalled Kaspersky Anti-Virus and now this DLL error appears every time I open Outlook2007.The Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been uninstalled, so the command does not work because it cannot find the path:
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Total Security 21.2\x64\mcou.dll" 

How to fix this?  Tks