Kaspersky is blocking the app Discord

M. Sen

So, in the last 4-5 days now Kaspersky is blocking the app Discord on my PC. It doesn't give me any notifications whatsoever I just can't launch discord while Kaspersky is active. Discord shows me the following error '' Update failed - retrying in X sec... ''. I did get in contact with Discord support and for 3 Days we tried many different ways to fix it, other versions, PTBs, older versions, different launch options etc. but in the end, it came all to the same result, Discord won't launch, no matter which version it is unless I completely turn of Kaspersky.

When i do turn off Kaspersky - launch Discord - turn on Kaspersky, Discord won't show me pictures and won't let me play videos via the app. After a couple minutes more Discord will get in a state where you would get normally if you don't have internet connection anymore. So, as said to be able to use Discord i need to turn off Kaspersky.

When i try to add the Discord.exe as a trusty source via Kaspersky option -> threats and exceptions -> specify trusted apps, Kaspersky does crash. I did attach a screenshot about it. When im in the opions '' exceptions for application '' and i add Discord.exe after i click 'tamam' which means OK, nothing happens (even if i wait for long). After i click it 1 more time Kaspersky just crashes.

So here the stuff i already did and still doing.
-Check for Updates and do them
-Check drivers
-Launch with administrator
-Try older Version of Discord
-Try to add as many folders etc from Discord as a Trusty source
-Try different Version of Discord like Public Test Build
-Send crash report when Kaspersky crashes

I would be happy if someone can give me a solution to this. Discord staff run out of options to let me try so it seems like it might be a problem with Kaspersky.

My Version is Microsoft Windows 11 x64 Build 22621 --- 21.3.10.391 (k) --- It's standart version of Kaspersky. Not a free one.

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-07-18 091104.png

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-07-18 091637.png

• 3 months later...
40 minutes ago, LowNrusty said:
  1. I'm also currently having this issue with Kaspersky total security... haven't figured it out

Hello @LowNrusty

Welcome back!

1. What *happened* when you followed the instructions, we provided in Discord does not open when Kaspersky is ON, by Thilak -provide details please - so we can help

👉Kaspersky Plus can be downloaded from here: https://www.kaspersky.com.au/downloads#update-product

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available?

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
grammar😌

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Since some days Kasperksy Total AV

Is blocking apps like Discord and Epic Games from working, they don't work at all, Kaspersky doesn't warn me or logs anything about this in logs.

They didn't work at all and after completely disabling Kaspersky they both magically connect again.

Please resolve this ASAP!

Even adding them to trusted apps does not resolve the issue.

Edited by Crazywolf

52 minutes ago, Crazywolf said:

Since some days Kasperksy Total AV

Is blocking apps like Discord and Epic Games from working, they don't work at all, Kaspersky doesn't warn me or logs anything about this in logs.

They didn't work at all and after completely disabling Kaspersky they both magically connect again.

Hello @Crazywolf

Welcome!

1. What are the *actual* errors? Post a *screen-print* - we need to see what you see -> How to take a screenshot on a Windows PC?
  1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?
  9. 💥IF the issue persists, upgrade KIS to Kaspersky Standard (free upgrade), read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ, by Danila T.
  10. IF the issue persists, please log a request with Kaspersky Customer Service: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts; on the support page, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

• The title was changed to Kaspersky is blocking the app Discord