Kaspersky internet security v21.2.16.590 blocking 3.basecamp.com

ice70
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hi,

all javascript on https://3.basecamp.com/ is blocked. I have disabled the private browsing and anti banner without success. I can only get the scripts to work if I disable protection entirely! This is on windows 10, chrome, Firefox and edge.

In the private browsing setting → block data collection, I have added  3.basecamp.com as an exclusion, but this does not affect access.

Any ideas what is blocking basecamp? 

Hello @ice70,

Welcome!

1. In KIS Reports, are there any basecamp events? If “yes” please export/save the report & attach📎 to your reply? 
  2. Use Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal to scan any detections, including adding your email address, to Submit to reanalyze.

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife 

thank you for your reply. I went through the reports and for each section [eg, ‘file anti-virus’, ‘web anit-virus’] searched for ‘basecamp’. The only results were in the anti-banner section, but they were for the google.co.uk when i search for ‘kaspersky’ ‘basecamp’, so i don’t think they are relevant to the basecamp access problem. I have attached anyway just incase I misunderstood.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean with point 2? I only have one go at it with my account and I am not sure what I am scanning?

thank you for your help! :)

• Solution

Hello @ice70

You’re most welcome☺ !

Thank you for the data👌

1. When “all javascript on https://3.basecamp.com/ is blocked”, what do you actually see? 
  2. Please post a full screen image of the problem? 
  3. As a test only, if Settings, Network SettingsInject script into web traffic to interact with web pages is unchecked, does all javascript on https://3.basecamp.com/ is blocked issues persist? 

4. As a test only, if Settings, Network SettingsDo not scan encrypted connections is selected, does “all javascript on https://3.basecamp.com/ is blocked” issues persist? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Point 2 in our earlier reply, was if there were objects that KIS detected & blocked, the object & or URL would be scanned, using Kaspersky Threat Intelligence Portal, depending on the result, that object may also be submitted, for further analysis, however, it’s seems there are no KIS detections, so do not worry about this step. 

thank you for your reply.

I was going through each one of your points. At step 3:

As a test only, if SettingsNetwork SettingsInject script into web traffic to interact with web pages is unchecked, does all javascript on https://3.basecamp.com/ is blocked issues persist? 

I tried this and it worked. I now have full access to basecamp. I then enabled it once more.. and it still works! I now have access to basecamp :)

I also have Encrypted connection scanning set to ‘always scan’

I have cleared the browser cache and it still works. I think that is is resolved now.

Thank you for your help :)

ice70

sorry, I may have been a bit too early in marking this as fixed. :(

Went to basecamp today and exactly the same problem happened.

In settings → network settings → encrypted connection scanning I have ‘scan encrypted connections upon request from protection components’ selected. If I change this to ‘do not scan encrypted connections’, basecamp works. I tried this with the traffic processing script untouched - enabled.

I tried  adding https://3.basecamp.com/ to the encrypted scanning exclusions and also changing the ‘when encrypted connection scan errors occur’ to ‘add domain to exclusions, but only the ‘do not scan’ option allowed base case to work properly. 

In settings → network settings → traffic processing - if I disable the inject script [and leave the encrypted connection setting as scan encrypted connections upon request], Basecamp works.

Once I have toggle the script off, then back on and forcing bascecamp to clear the browser cache then reload on each setting change, the site works - with the original settings with the script enabled.

At a very rough guess, it looks like the traffic processing script is conflicting with basecamp’s scripts on basecamp’s initial load. Once I have allowed basecamp’s scripts to load properly, all is fine.

Is there a way to disable the traffic processing script for just a specific domain? 

Thank you for your help,

ice70

1. At a very rough guess, it looks like the traffic processing script is conflicting with basecamp’s scripts on basecamp’s initial load. 
  2. Is there a way to disable the traffic processing script for just a specific domain? 

Hello @ice70

You’re most welcome☺ !

Agreed. 

No. 

• Please contact Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template, for KIS version, select 21.1.15.500 → Kaspersky have yet to update their templates; include:
  1.  A detailed history
  2. What caused the problem?
  3. Did you try to solve the problem? How?
  4. Text from an error message? Screenshot? Video?
  5. Community topic URL?

Support may request Traces & or other data, they will guide you:

• After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please share the outcome with the Community when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳+🐋