Kaspersky internet security slowing down Chrome browsing [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Always uses 15-20% CPU when firstly launching chrome, and browsing feels very slow overally. I even disabled web protection and kaspersky firewall and enabled postpone computer scan tasks when high cpu load. just activated my trial as I want to switch from bitdefender but this is annoying.

Welcome. There are two courses of action. One is to post your GetSystemInfo report here, so forum users can help, and the other is to Contact Tech Support. 1. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632 Please upload the GetSystemInfo zip folder that is inside the larger GSI zip to the GSI parser site http://www.getsysteminfo.com/ and post the url to the parsed report here, in your next post. 2. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

Ok I will, thank you, but let me please just ask a thing a bit offtopic as this is very important richbuff and everyone: if my daughter activates Kaspersky in the EU where she is now, and then moves out to Israel will it work there? I know the KEY is region locked but not the function itself as far as I know.

• Solution
Hello Brendox, After activation you can travel and use the application with no limitations during a full license validity period wherever you want. If the licence is a trial licence, the full use of the product will last as long as the trial period. If your daughter goes to another country (outside of the EU), the trial licence expires and she wishes to activate a premium EU licence, it will not be possible usless she/you are in the EU (unless a VPN is used). Hope this information helps? Many thanks!

Always uses 15-20% CPU when firstly launching chrome, and browsing feels very slow overally. I even disabled web protection and kaspersky firewall and enabled postpone computer scan tasks when high cpu load. just activated my trial as I want to switch from bitdefender but this is annoying.
Just want to say that this matter was actually connected basicallyto the PC itself, it is too old... I tried it on another new PC and it still slows down but less and does not bother so much. I can no longer change the title and the main topic, hope I won't get a ban:slight_smile:
Hello Brendox,After activation you can travel and use the application with no limitations during a full license validity period wherever you want. If the licence is a trial licence, the full use of the product will last as long as the trial period. If your daughter goes to another country (outside of the EU), the trial licence expires and she wishes to activate a premium EU licence, it will not be possible usless she/you are in the EU (unless a VPN is used). Hope this information helps? Many thanks!
We live in Croatia and we wanted to order from www.kaspersky.co.uk because we find the prices there very affordable unlike on www.kaspersky.com global. On kaspersky UK basket it says: This licence is not for sale or activation outside of the European Union and Falkland Islands. But THEN on the billing page in the country choosing only allows great britian, ireland and falkland islands. So will I be able to activate the code in Croatia if I just choose any of those three along with my City, postal code and stuff? Thanks!

Just want to say that this matter was actually connected basicallyto the PC itself, it is too old... I tried it on another new PC and it still slows down but less and does not bother so much. I can no longer change the title and the main topic, hope I won't get a ban:slight_smile:
Hello Brendox, After activation you can travel and use the application with no limitations during a full license validity period wherever you want. If the licence is a trial licence, the full use of the product will last as long as the trial period. If your daughter goes to another country (outside of the EU), the trial licence expires and she wishes to activate a premium EU licence, it will not be possible usless she/you are in the EU (unless a VPN is used). Hope this information helps? Many thanks!
"the billing page in the country choosing only allows great britian, ireland and falkland islands. Will I be able to activate the code in Croatia if I just choose any of those three along with my City, postal code and stuff? "
Hello Brendox, Gosh you've got us traveling all over the place:grin: Re:"Will I be able to activate the code in Croatia if I just choose any of great britian, ireland and falkland islands along with my City, postal code and stuff? " If the City & Postal Code is in Croatia, (imo) the answer will be no, unless the same City & PC is also in one of Great Britian, Ireland and or Falkland Islands. Re: "hope I won't get a ban?" I very much doubt anyone would ban you for your post. Best regards!

Just want to report that the probelm is solved! The uk kaspersky activation keys work in any other country in the EU after all! Tested and purchased via PayPal for Croatia even if the country set was GB. Special thanks to FLOOD for assisstance! PS sorry for changing the main topic in the end?

I noticed this too with Kaspersky security cloud free 2019 patch F More precisely, when I opened a new page on new tab, chrome or other chromium-based browser froze for several seconds + the browser became unresponsive and sluggish. I used task manager and chrome's built-in task manager to identify the problem => GPU process (of chrome) consumed a crazy amount of CPU I tried to modify a lot of GPU-related flags and under-the-hood settings but there was no improvement rebooting and updating didn't help When I disabled Kaspersky, there was a day and night improvement. No more freezing I tried to switch to another AV with web filter => instant loading, no freezing In conclusion: kaspersky is the culprit

Welcome. There are two courses of action. One is to post your GetSystemInfo report here, so forum users can help, and the other is to Contact Tech Support. 1. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions: https://support.kaspersky.com/common/diagnostics/3632 Please upload the GetSystemInfo zip folder that is inside the larger GSI zip to the GSI parser site http://www.getsysteminfo.com/ and post the url to the parsed report here, in your next post. 2. Please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/support/ Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request: a. Description of the issue. b. Screenshot, as needed. c. GSI

• 4 months later...

I’m having a similar problem too, especially when doing internet banking, even complained to the banks about their servers.

Opening a dialog box and waiting it to load before I can pick an option took anywhere from 5 to 10 seconds.

Then I just thought of pausing kaspersky while I’m doing my banking.. instant load..

Not using secured-banking option, and this problem occurs on my surface tablet, my laptop, and desktop

Hello @secondOption,

Welcome!

We’d like to help!

• The original OP issue was: KIS slowing down Chrome browsing, is that the same issue for you or is it using KIS Safe Money application is slow on banking sites? 

Please tell us:

1. Surface Tablet operating system version? & build?
  2. KIS version? & patch?
  3. Chrome version?
  4. Kaspersky Protection Extension version? 
  5. Laptop operating system version? & build?
  6. KIS version? & patch?
  7. Chrome version?
  8. Kaspersky Protection Extension version? 
  9. Desktop operating system version? & build?
  10. KIS version? & patch?
  11. Chrome version?
  12. Kaspersky Protection Extension version? 
  13. Has the issue always existed?
  14. How long has KIS been installed on each device? 
  15. Is the Safe Money application default browser Chrome for all 3 devices? 
  16. Have you tried any other browsers?
  17. Apart from pausing KIS have you taken any other steps to remedy the issue?
  18. Have you raised the issue with the Kaspersky Lab Technical Team?

Please let us know? 

Thank you🙏