Kaspersky Internet Security prompt asking to enter password for C:\Windows\MFGSTAT.zip

maxfun

41 minutes ago, maxfun said:

I've got this prompt during full scan asking for a password to this. I am not sure what to enter after I tried both my windows login password and Kaspersky account password. The scan is also stuck at 99% complete.

Hello @maxfun

Welcome!

1. Has KIS recently been installed? 
  2. What is the Windows OS version & build -> How to find the version of your operating system
  3. Has there ever been McAfee installed? 
  4. Is this the first time a Full scan has been run? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Added a question

@maxfun

Also , please check this article ?

https://support.kaspersky.com/KTS/21.2/en-US/199493.htm 

“If the check box is ticked, Kaspersky Total Security scans password-protected archives. Before files contained in the archive can be scanned, a request for password will be displayed on the screen. If the check box is not ticked, Kaspersky Total Security skips scanning password-protected archives.”

kaspersky_zip.jpg.36a0236086a68f697171768ccc8b1c59.jpg

Additionally to @Flood and Flood's wife  How to remove McAfee leftovers

Hey @Berny

We were actually going to wait for @maxfun to confirm if such software has ever been installed, on their device, before we gave them what's potentially superfluous information, but - thanks for second guessing everything we try to do. 

BTW, in case you're wondering - we didn't forget, but you'll never know that will you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1