Kaspersky Internet Security Premium Safe Messaging Question

Go to solution Solved by Igor Kurzin,

Does safe messaging also protect against malware deployed without ever opening the text or does it scan the links only?

I’ve read that some texts can be malicious through the multimedia messaging service without clicking on a link but just by opening it...and that it might even be possible to get infected without even opening the text (just by receiving it in the first place).

Any insight appreciated!

Hello @always_working & @Igor Kurzin

Not always, unfortunately, here are samples of unsolicited text messages with links, from unknown mobiles, not detected by KIS

, all had to be manually sent to the Virus Lab😩 , who responded with:

They have been confirmed as a threat of data loss link. We've tuned our anti-phishing signatures and improved detection technologies to proactively block this kind of threats. Thank you for your help.”

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Kaspersky resource:

Safe Messaging

• 3 months later...
On 3/3/2022 at 10:18 PM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hey Flood, 

Such things can happen, new links are added to databases not the very same second they appear in the wild.

Hey @Igor Kurzin

Long time?

Do you think it's reasonable that it takes the Virus lab more than 3 months (95days & still counting?), to add new malicious phishing links to the databases - especially as those same malicious links are known & published by other major security vendors?

We've followed process, we've begged, we've pleaded, we've yelled, we've swored?, apart from bribing someone, what do we have to do to get this done? 

Just curious? 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.61adb1a43cac909d91b1dcaa8ea088fe.png

Thank you?

Flood? +?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

Hey Flood, 

Hope all is well ?

We've followed process, we've begged, we've pleaded, we've yelled, we've swored?, apart from bribing someone

Lol. 

95 days does not sound good. Please let me know the incident number,  I will check why it is taking so long. 

Have a great day! 

Igor

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Igor Kurzin said:

Hey Flood, 

Hope all is well ?

Lol. 

95 days does not sound good. Please let me know the incident number,  I will check why it is taking so long. 

Have a great day! 

Igor

Hey @Igor Kurzin

Thank you so much for responding?‍♂️!!

Inc ref# sent -> all will be brilliant if you can resuscitate this incident!

You've just contributed to us having a great day, many thanks; you do the same?

Flood? +?