Kaspersky Internet Security - No Updates?

Thanks for your answer. Sorry for the confusion I haven't gotten any issues yet and the database update is working or are you talking about some other update?

Anyways I just wanted to know if this application would be still supported a year from now or not since I have about a year of subscription and I wanted to use that... it is still unclear if it would be supported for the year 2024... as of now, it is working.

Maybe there is an option to rephrase this question to "Will KIS be supported a year from now?" it would be more clear

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 4:39 PM, Rahul S said:
  • I still have 293 days of KIS subscription if this product is discontinued.
  • Will that mean my computer would be unsecured and susceptible to threats?
  • 293 days are almost a year so what to do now?

Hello @Rahul S

Kaspersky have not published an end date for KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC, but the rollout of the *new* software is still not finished & there's so many Kaspersky subscribers who have KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC, with long term subscriptions - just like yours -> it's in Kaspersky's best interests to give as much notice as possible as to when that end date will be.

KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC will continue to be supported with updates, what has stopped is any further development; KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC subscribers will not see new patches & or new versions for those products. 

You also have the option to upgrade/convert (your) KIS subscription to a Kaspersky Standard Subscription, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ

Any questions, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
corrected spelling
  • Like 1

Good day to the whole community.

As @Igor Kurzin  informed me in this thread:

Let's hope it lasts a little longer in the medium term.

I currently have KIS 2021.
Well, if it's not broken, why should I break it my system?
I will have to switch to the new KS, but I will wait for it to gain more maturity.
,In addition, the prerequisite of requiring the .NET Framework and the .Net Desktop Runtime and this gives and has given problems it makes me wait a few more months before buying the new KS.

Best Regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 2:50 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Rahul S

Kaspersky have not published an end date for KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC, but the rollout of the *new* software is still not finished & there's so many Kaspersky subscribers who have KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC, with long term subscriptions - just like yours -> it's in Kaspersky's best interests to give as much notice as possible as to when that end date will be.

KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC will continue to be supported with updates, what has stopped is any further development; KAV, KIS, KTS & KSC subscribers will not see new patches & or new versions for those products. 

You also have the option to upgrade/convert (your) KIS subscription to a Kaspersky Standard Subscription, please read: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ

Any questions, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I have KIS and due to some bug i have been told by the expert to download KS. My doubt is it that can i just uninstall KIS and download KS and use they same key of KIS in KS and will it work?

• 9 months later...

@Errors in KIS log Welcome.

1 hour ago, Errors in KIS log said:

error update source cannot be found

Also, did you try to switch to another Kaspersky Update Server ?
https://support.kaspersky.com/common/start/6105

Security → Anti-Virus Database update → Gear ⚙️ → Update settings → Select update sources → +Add → Enable

EDIT

Here are the  Update settings for Kaspersky Internet Security (KIS)
https://support.kaspersky.com/KIS/21.3/en-US/98534.htm

Above settings are related to Kaspersky Basic - Standard - Plus
Sorry for the confusion … you may also consider to upgrade for free to Kasperky Standard.

• Like 2

Should be work with kaspersky standard. I had kaspersky total security license and when I download and install for example kaspersky standard automatically was installed kaspersky plus. So should be work with your license also. If you have saved your license on your my.kaspersky account you can try. If will not working with new products then you can revert back to KIS. Easy. 

22 minutes ago, MirceaForce said:

How to update to the new version keeping the old license>?

@MirceaForce

Exists 2 options :

1. Uninstall KIS and ☑ checkbox keep license info. Download and install kaspersky standard. Your license will be activated automatically because from previous uninstallation checkbox keep license info.. 

Also you can proced with 2 option. But 1st option is easiest. 

2. Uninstall kis. Download and install kaspersky standard and it will be activated via your my.kaspersky account (you must login into kaspersky standard). And then license will be loaded automatically. 

If something went wrong simply uninstall it and install kis again. 

*best is save your license code into my.kaspersky account. You never lose it. 

2 hours ago, nexon said:

🙂 Then you can use new products 

yes and I like the new interface.

So for my understanding the new upgrades for example to kaspersky standard 2025 will be done same as kis in the past years automatically ?