Kaspersky Internet Security freezing pc whenever there is a high internet usage

Creeper

Hello @Wesly.Zhang,

Thank you very much for explaining it to me. Sorry, I had mistaken what the support team had told me to re-attempt downloading at step 4. I thought I was asked to reinstall the Kaspersky Setup as it downloads the files over the internet.

I had also done a bit of a research earlier today and found a website where the author mentioned that the Kaspersky NDIS Driver is incompatible with any MTU other than 1500. My ISP uses an MTU of 1452, and the author mentioned that the packets are dropped when they reaches the MTU if it is lower than 1500 so maybe this is causing some kind of a lag? Sorry I’m not an expert in this. 

Here is the link to the article https://hamy.io/post/0008/how-to-fully-uninstall-kasperskys-ndis-filter/#gsc.tab=0

I’ll try reproducing the problem with the klim6.sys turned on but I’ll have to wait for the Kaspersky Support Team to reply to my previous reply because the request is currently stuck on “Waiting for processing the request”  so I cannot add a new reply to update the support team. Thanks!

Hello,

MTU is Maximum Transmission Unit. Its value 1500 is a normal setting in all router by default. If you set MTU high above 1500. Your router or ISP will drop data packet, You can not access the internet. others you can not set value below 64. It is related to the collision of Ethernet frame in half duplex, If you have intersted in it, You can research its theory.

Regards.

Hello @Wesly.Zhang,

Thank you for explaining, I’ll do more research on MTU later.

I have tried re-enabling klim6.sys by typing the following in the command prompt

sc start klim6
sc config klim6 start=boot

but when I reboot the computer its not running automatically anymore. For running the traces I had to manually enable the klim6 service by typing sc start klim6. What should I do to make it run automatically like it was before? Thanks!

Hello @Wesly.Zhang,

Thank you for explaining, I’ll do more research on MTU later.

I have tried re-enabling klim6.sys by typing the following in the command prompt

sc start klim6
sc config klim6 start=boot

but when I reboot the computer its not running automatically anymore. For running the traces I had to manually enable the klim6 service by typing sc start klim6. What should I do to make it run automatically like it was before? Thanks!

Hello,

You should disable KL self-denfense first and run the command to try:

sc config klim6 start= auto

Regards.

Hello @Wesly.Zhang,

I have disabled the Kaspersky Self Defense when I executed those commands in command prompt in Administrator mode and it reports that the configuration was successful but when I reboot the computer and check the status of the “klim6” service by typing

sc queryex  klim6

It says that the Klim6 service is stopped and is not running, so I have to manually start it by typing

sc start klim6

For now I have left the klim6 service turned off as it did not start with windows when I rebooted the computer. Thanks!

Hello,

After disabling product self-defense, Try to do the following step:

First, You should confirm to change file name c:\windows\system32\drivers\klim6.sys.bak  to klim6.sys.

Second, run this command and check this register value as below (type = 1) ,if no, please edit it to 1 :

sc config klim6 start= auto

Third, restart PC. Please check whether it is running or not after reboot pc.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Wesly.Zhang,

I was told to update my Network Card LAN Drivers, remove Internet Download Manager, disable Flow Control and Enable or Disable TCP/IP Offloading but none of them helped. So I had told the KL support that disabling the “Network Attack Blocker” or “Klim6” Service is the only temporary fix to eliminates the stuttering / freezing issue completely. 

I have been using the computer with klim6 service disabled for now.

KL support told me they have forwarded the updated information to the experts to have a detailed look at it and provide a resolution but I still haven’t got a reply after 9 days. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Thank you for replying back. Should we do a test for kaspersky ndis filter driver? The operation is simple and as below:

1. Disable KL product self-defense. You know how to disable it, right?
  2. Execute the command in command prompt with administrator privilige:
    sc stop klim6
    sc config klim6 start=disabled

3. Rename C:\windows\system32\drivers\klim6.sys as klim6.sys.bak.
  4. Reboot PC
  5. Enable KL product self-defense.
  6. Check this issue again. Please post back the result.

Regards.

Finally,Took me a day to find this post。

This issue haunted me for like years, whenever I download games on Steam/Blizzard、tranfser file via NAS、using BT client always causing my system stuttering。I tried Quit The AVP、Disabled Whole Network Security Option,finally narrow down the problem on the Network Attack Blocker.

Seems they still aren't fixed this issue, on Mar 30, 2021. Is there any difference between your solution and “Disabled Network Attack Blocker” ?If Klim6 being disabled, is it related to other Network Security Option(such as firewall)?

Oh btw Im not disabled the hyper threads, so in my case is your rules works for me?

• 5 months later...

hello i have exactly the same problems ..i have now deactivated Network Attack Blocker..

is there in the meanwhile a solution or patch for this problem ?

i know this issue from another av engine which cause the same problems and also that it slows down the internet connection for 1 gig networks.

these freezings of the whole system while downloading via steam or similar platforms has never be a problem in the past.

greetings

hello i have exactly the same problems ..i have now deactivated Network Attack Blocker..

is there in the meanwhile a solution or patch for this problem ?

i know this issue from another av engine which cause the same problems and also that it slows down the internet connection for 1 gig networks.

these freezings of the whole system while downloading via steam or similar platforms has never be a problem in the past.

greetings

Hello,

please try to enable RSS for the network adapter. It allows to check network packets using few kernels of CPU.

You need to use PowerShell cmdlet( https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/netadapter/enable-netadapterrss )

If it does not help, submit a ticket to K-Lab Technical Support

> Summary > Technical Support Center > Request Technical Support > Create Request 

And send the number of this ticket to me. 

Thank you.