Kaspersky Internet Security forcing WIndows 10 computer to Sleep

Go to solution Solved by Wesly.Zhang,

Hi.

Two days ago I installed Kaspersky Internet Security on my Windows 10 64-bit Asus Zenbook laptop.

I keep this computer turned on all of the time, all Sleep, Hibernate functions are disabled in Windows, set to Never.

After I installed Kaspersky system went to sleep anyway, I can’t specifically define a time, but based on events in Event viewer after around 18 minutes of inactivity.

In Windows Event Viewer I can find this: 

FIRST Kernel-Power event:

Event ID: 187

User-mode process attempted to change the system state by calling SetSuspendState or SetSystemPowerState APIs.

SECOND Kernel-Power event, 5 seconds after first one:

Event ID: 42

The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Application API

After that computer has no events until I woke it up.

I uninstalled Kaspersky today, now computer works again as it should.

How can anti-virus program influence and override Power Management functions in my computer? I see no power related settings in program, that I could adjust or disable…

Any suggestions or similar experiences?

Thank you for reply.

If you mean Safe Kids, it was uninstalled, VPN also uninstalled. Application Manager disabled, Software Updater disabled.

Hello,

There is no no. 42 event incident listed in my system event log. Does this type log often display in system event log? What’s the KL product build you used? 2021 MR3 21.3.10.391 ?

Regards.

Since I uninstalled the program, I can’t tell if this option was selected for action after Full scan, but it could have been and then this behaviour would be logical. I don’t remember setting it, but could be done with mouse scroll wheel by mistake.

Thanks for now. I will try to reinstall over the weekend.

Since I uninstalled the program, I can’t tell if this option was selected for action after Full scan, but it could have been and then this behaviour would be logical. I don’t remember setting it, but could be done with mouse scroll wheel by mistake.

Thanks for now. I will try to reinstall over the weekend.

Hello,

OK, We will wait for your feedback.

Regards.

Hi, I reinstalled Kaspersky and it seems to be working fine now. Thank you.

I selected wrong answer as a Best answer. It should be the previous answer from Wesly Zhang where you can select action after full scan.

Hi, I reinstalled Kaspersky and it seems to be working fine now. Thank you.

I selected wrong answer as a Best answer. It should be the previous answer from Wesly Zhang where you can select action after full scan.

Hello,

I have help you to change the best answer. Thanks.

Regards.