Kaspersky Internet Security Blocking Access for Programs/Games

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Recently i've had issue's over the Past Month of Games having issues accessing the Internet.

"Satisfactory" can't Access the Epic Online Servers (EOS) google and tried fixes. nothing worked. just played single player.
Tried to install the "EPIC launcher". Launcher couldn't update. Tried fixes. nothing worked. gave up.
was playing "Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms" for a week, then 1 day couldn't access Servers.
tried multiple fixes. nothing has Worked. Play it on the laptop now.

Then today i turned the PC on and loaded up Discord. Discord is in a Update loop.
Googled Fixes and the last thing to try was Turning off the Firewall and ur Virus Scanner.

It worked. Discord now works. turns on Kaspersky and the Firewall and it crashes.
Turns them back off. Discord works, Idle works, Satisfactory works....not trying EPIC again.

Why would Kaspersky be blocking them, even if they're in the Exceptions list?

KIS has started blocking multiple games as of 2-3 months ago. 

I first noticed it has been blocking Elden Ring through Steam, failing to allow server login for like 2 months.  Since then I've seen two other examples.

Fallout 76 through Steam won't login to the Bethesda.net server. 

Honkai Impact through the PC client fails login. 

All of these are on my trusted list and I've been hunting for setting or exceptions but nothing changes it and none will behave until I pause KIS.

• Solution
On 6/9/2022 at 8:41 PM, Noodle1987 said:

Recently i've had issue's over the Past Month of Games having issues accessing the Internet.
Why would Kaspersky be blocking them, even if they're in the Exceptions list?

On 6/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, Silenttalker said:

KIS has started blocking multiple games as of 2-3 months ago. 

All of these are on my trusted list and I've been hunting for setting or exceptions but nothing changes it and none will behave until I pause KIS.

Hello @Noodle1987 & @Silenttalker

Welcome!

1. Which KIS version & patch(x), x = letter, is installed, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About? 
  2. In KIS REPORTS are there any events logged that reflect the "Games not accessing the internet" / "KIS blocking the games"? 
  3. IF the version is 21.3.10.391(i) @Igor Kurzin has a solution that may help:
  4. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General.
  5. Exit Kaspersky product, on the Windows Taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit. 
  6. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\, rename the folder Report to Report1.  
  7. Shutdown machine using Shutdown, not Restart, power on the machine by pressing the power button, login. Start KIS.
  8. Enable Self-Defense.
  9. Re-check original issue?
  10. Please let us know the outcome? 
  11. IF the issue persists, log a request with Kaspersky Support, select either Chat or Email, fill in Application malfunction, Other template; Support may request Logs, Traces & other data, they will guide you. 
  12. When Support provide a solution, please share it with the Community. 

Thank you🙏
    Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem with 21.3.10.391(j).

Solution was to rename Report directory like suggested above.

Is there any more details on why Reports would cause Kaspersky to randomly block some applications from accessing the internet?
What is the cause?

17 hours ago, MJ711 said:

Is there any more details on why Reports would cause Kaspersky to randomly block some applications from accessing the internet?
What is the cause?

Hi @MJ711, the issue is connected with a bug in the product, which is fixed in the latest product version (21.8).

The cause is the corruption of the reports database in some conditions.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, n1c0p_ said:

Version 21.3.10.391 (k)

After about 1 week of one program not working and today a second one too after still working yesterday, I was looking for help and was finding this guide.

Thank you very much Flood and Flood's wife, this method still works as in December 2023.

Hello @n1c0p_

Well done, excellent work👏

Thank you for taking the time to share the good news with the Community, we're delighted with the outcome🤸‍♂️

Note, the issue is also fixed in Kaspersky's new software release: 21.15.8.493, in due course Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security & Kaspersky Total Security will reach end-of-life & be replaced, Kaspersky have not yet announced an end-date. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn