Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization is not available. incompatible hardware or software detected

Go to solution Solved by alex.normal.person,

• Solution

Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization not working with windows enabled > core isolation <

1. Just disable > corre isolation <

(Google How to disable > core isolation < . it’s basically couple clicks in settings security section)

2.restart computer and problem will disappear promise ?%

Edited by alex.normal.person
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization is not available. incompatible hardware or software detected

I would like you to be able to inform about the risks when you tell me how to disable features. People have a right to know the risks of doing something.

8 minutes ago, Wesly.Zhang said:

Hi @alex.normal.person

Why disable core isolation? The protection it provides comes from the bottom layer of the operating system, which is not at the same level as Kaspersky's.

• Like 1

There is a situation that needs to be understood. Now test white EXE + gray/bad dll + vulnerability white driver + load arbitrary kernel code, you can passby/kill/hang all antivirus software. And future attacks will destroy all kernel protections of antivirus in a similar way, and then do whatever you want. Now anti-software has done a terrible job of attacking and defending at the kernel layer. , In addition to the ROOTKIT attack method, there is also the BOOTKIT attack method, which is also a hang-up of various anti-software. Microsoft WIN11's strong push of TPM and SECURE BOOT / Device Control is also a reluctant action, but most of them are resisting except those in the industry, resulting in future security problems that cannot be solved.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Heads up about Windows 11 2H22 to be release soon.  Had been running Kaspersky Internet Security since 2014.  After moving to Windows 11 2H22 (still in testing) Kaspersky started showing a window; "Code Integrity control is enabled in the operating system. Some application features are unavailable."

Contacted support,  in the end I was told I needed to disable secure boot, hypervisor (not used), core isolation,  essentially as much Windows 11 virtualization as possible.  Which I was not willing to do,  had to switch to another product.  Hopefully the incompatibility between Windows 11 and Kaspersky can be fixed,  would like to return to Kaspersky Internet Security. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 4:19 AM, alex.normal.person said:

Kaspersky Hardware Virtualization not working with windows enabled > core isolation <

1. Just disable > corre isolation <

(Google How to disable > core isolation < . it’s basically couple clicks in settings security section)

2.restart computer and problem will disappear promise ?%

this is a security breach, and it's not ok

• Like 2

• 5 months later...