Kaspersky handling of threats

Dhr219
Go to solution Solved by Dhr219,

I have set the action to perform action automatically in file antivirus and other components and in the operating mode also. But when KSN detects a threat , there is a popup asking the user to decide between disinfection and advanced disinfection.  I wanted to suggest adding the automatic option for this security feature also.

I am using KIS 21.3.10.39 in windows 10 pro.

Edited by Dhr219

20 hours ago, Dhr219 said:

KIS 21.3.10.39 || windows 10 pro.

I have set the action to perform action automatically in file antivirus and other components and in the operating mode also. 

1. But when KSN detects a threat, there is a popup asking the user to decide between disinfection and advanced disinfection
  • I wanted to suggest adding the automatic option for this security feature also.
1 hour ago, Dhr219 said:
  • Or is it possible to do the above in KIS settings?

Hello @Dhr219

Welcome!

1. Post an image of the 'popup asking the user to decide between disinfection and advanced disinfection', or go to KIS Reports, find the detection, SAVE the Report as a text file, upload the Report to any cloud service of your choice & post the share link please, the Community need to see what you see, to be able to provide considered advice. 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
Removed white space

3 hours ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Dhr219

Welcome!

1. Post an image of the 'popup asking the user to decide between disinfection and advanced disinfection', or go to KIS Reports, find the detection, SAVE the Report as a text file, upload the Report to any cloud service of your choice & post the share link please, the Community need to see what you see, to be able to provide considered advice. 

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

For only some malware like the one below, the file antivirus is asking for user decision but for other malware, it automatically blocked the startup and then deleted it.

Event: Malicious object detected
User: xxx\xxxx
User type: Active user
Application name: WinRAR.exe
Application path: C:\Program Files\WinRAR
Component: File Anti-Virus
Result description: Detected
Type: Trojan
Name: HEUR:Trojan-PSW.MSIL.Agensla.gen
Precision: Heuristic Analysis
Threat level: High
Object type: File
Object name: 57520e51bb0820741b7883926800223886c491a8a5ddd517a49b0e2cc752fb18.exe
Object path: C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXb11728.44259
MD5: BAED30AEA51E6000571219633AA745B0
Reason: Machine learning
Databases release date: Today, 02-12-2022 13:14:00

Hello @Dhr219

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

https://opentip.kaspersky.com/BAED30AEA51E6000571219633AA745B0/results?tab=lookup

IF there's multiple alerts & they're different; we need to see them, we do not have x-ray vision; your best option is to raise a case with Kaspersky support & the Virus Lab experts, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, select MalwareOther template, zip any files & password protect the zip archive with a password, use either: malware or infected as the password → make sure you tell support the password, ask support to send the case to Virus Lab. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources: 

• Like 1

• Solution
On 12/3/2022 at 1:19 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Dhr219

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

https://opentip.kaspersky.com/BAED30AEA51E6000571219633AA745B0/results?tab=lookup

IF there's multiple alerts & they're different; we need to see them, we do not have x-ray vision; your best option is to raise a case with Kaspersky support & the Virus Lab experts, on the support page, select either Chat or Email, select MalwareOther template, zip any files & password protect the zip archive with a password, use either: malware or infected as the password → make sure you tell support the password, ask support to send the case to Virus Lab. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resources: 

I teste the malware today again and this time it did not ask for disinfection method and automatically deleted the file.

Edited by Dhr219