Kaspersky Free trey icon context-menu grey-out

sa5o

Recently Pause protection and Settings options were disabled in the trey icon context menu.

Restoring the settings to default and restarting the computer did not help ....both remain greyed-out.

This has happened before and at that time I had to uninstall Kaspersky Free. I then installed Kaspersky Cloud Security Free,

which has recently updated to Kaspersky Free

....under Kaspersky Cloud Security Free this grey-out never happened and I have been using 

Kaspersky Cloud Security Free for a few years until the recent upgrade/update to Kaspersky Free .

Untitled.png

14 hours ago, sa5o said:

I then installed Kaspersky Cloud Security Free, which has recently updated to Kaspersky Free. 

9 hours ago, sa5o said:

Can you be so kind and provide a download line where I can get Kaspersky Free.

Web page (https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus) only offers Kaspersky Security Cloud Free option.

Hello @sa5o

Thank you for posting back!

IF originally, Kaspersky Cloud Security Free (21.3*), automatically updated to Kaspersky Free (21.7*), but there is no Kaspersky Free (21.7*), when you go to: Kaspersky Free; it may be the full distribution rollout has not happened, in your region - yet?

1.  Which region are you in? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

3 hours ago, sa5o said:

1️⃣EU (Slovenia)

3 hours ago, sa5o said:

2️⃣Security Cloud Free cannot be installed on top of Kaspersky Free, because SCF version is lower (21.3); than KF (21.7).

Hello @sa5o

Thank you for posting back & the information!

1. Kaspersky Free 21.7*, for Slovenia (EU), is not available - Kaspersky support have confirmed this. 
  2. As long as Kaspersky Free 21.7* has been fully uninstalled, there should be no problem installing Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 21.3*; follow: How to uninstall the application - at the step "Saving data for future use"- do not select / check any check boxes; leave all boxes empty.

If there's any problems, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

I have installed Kaspersky Free and now installed Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. Pause protection now works in the trey context-menu. However, I wonder for how long ...untill software upgrades to Kaspersky Free (as last time)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sa5o said:

Security Cloud Free install lasted a whole day ...then it upgraded to Kaspersky Free. For now Pause Protection and Settings work in the context menu.

Excellent @sa5o?, that is good news, let's hope it stays that way!!

Thanks for taking the time to share the good news with the Community?

Flood?+?

• Like 2