Kaspersky Free "Subscription Blocked"

The title says it all. I have the FREE version, and all of a sudden it says my "subscription" is blocked. The link it offers me sends me to this page:

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/error/activation/12009?cid=262_WIN_21.8&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=262_WIN_21.8

which says that I need to purchase a new license...which i won't be doing, as the whole reason i chose Kaspersky FREE was...well, self-evident.

Any suggestions before i look for a new anti-virus which is actually free? For the record, my version is 21.8.5.452, and i already tried uninstalling/reinstalling it.

Kasp2.jpg

Well, isn't this fun. I noticed the My Kaspersky link at the top of their website page, and so I went there to see what it said, and it showed that I was using a Kaspersky Cloud Free account, which it said was not available in my area (USA presumably). So I removed my devices from that list, and cancelled the "subscription" (since it was no longer available), then proceeded to https://usa.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus to get the version that WAS (presumably) available in my area.

However, after installing, it asked me to login with my Kaspersky account, and what do you supposed happened when I did? (see the attached picture for a spoiler)

So what am I supposed to do? Is Kaspersky just no longer available in the US? And if so, why is there still a link to the free version out there? I am very confused at this point, as Kaspersky was running just peachy on my 2 PCs up until last week...

no-free.jpg

9 hours ago, darkflux said:

The title says it all. I have the FREE version, and all of a sudden it says my "subscription" is blocked. The link it offers me sends me to this page:

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/error/activation/12009?cid=262_WIN_21.8&utm_source=interceptor&utm_medium=product&utm_campaign=262_WIN_21.8

which says that I need to purchase a new license...which i won't be doing, as the whole reason i chose Kaspersky FREE was...well, self-evident.

Any suggestions before i look for a new anti-virus which is actually free? For the record, my version is 21.8.5.452, and i already tried uninstalling/reinstalling it.

Well, isn't this fun. I noticed the My Kaspersky link at the top of their website page, and so I went there to see what it said, and it showed that I was using a Kaspersky Cloud Free account, which it said was not available in my area (USA presumably). So, I removed my devices from that list and cancelled the "subscription" (since it was no longer available), then proceeded to https://usa.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus to get the version that WAS (presumably) available in my area.

However, after installing, it asked me to login with my Kaspersky account, and what do you supposed happened when I did? (See the attached picture for a spoiler)

So, what am I supposed to do? Is Kaspersky just no longer available in the US? And if so, why is there still a link to the free version out there? I am very confused at this point, as Kaspersky was running just peachy on my 2 PCs up until last week...

Hello @darkflux

Welcome back!

So sorry for the delay responding to your topic?

The error URL is odd & the redirect does not mention Kaspersky Security Cloud.

https://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus, is definitely available, in California & Non-California options - see image at the end of the topic. 

We've raised the issue with a Kaspersky expert, you may be required to log an incident, we'll update you as soon as possible, please wait patiently? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

image.thumb.png.203a7433b3484471f36365324217ebc4.png

Hello again.

So what I ended up doing was, after removing BOTH my computers from being activated on the account, I CANCELLED my Kaspersky account, and then just created a NEW Kaspersky account, using the same email address...and it appears to have worked. Possibly a glitch somehow between the transition from Kaspersky Cloud Free to just plain Kaspersky Free, but still frustrating.

But now ANOTHER problem has appeared, since the transition: previously, with Kaspersky Cloud, you had helped me to disable Kaspersky News. But now that I have Kaspersky Free, the option to disable News is not in the same place...

And I checked online for the way to do this in Online Help, here:
https://support.kaspersky.com/help/Kaspersky Free/Win21.5/en-US/137577.htm

But the option no longer exists in this location. So how do I stop it from throwing up the little envelope thingies in my taskbar ("Unread news available")?

13 minutes ago, darkflux said:

Now that I have Kaspersky Free.

The option to disable News is not in the same place...

How do I stop it from throwing up the little envelope thingies in my taskbar ("Unread news available")?

Hello @darkflux

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the update.

1. Which version is installed -> on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Follow: How to enable or disable security news

Any problems or issues, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I am back.

1. I am running version 21.8.5.452 (b) of Kaspersky Free.

2. The information at that link does not seem to be accurate. Or at least does not apply to my version. When I open Interface Settings, there is no "Promotional materials" section (see images).

kasp1.jpg

kasp2.jpg

On 11/26/2022 at 12:19 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @darkflux

You're most welcome!

Thank you for the update.

1. Which version is installed -> on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Follow: How to enable or disable security news

Any problems or issues, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Any suggestions?

Edited by darkflux

• 5 months later...
On 12/22/2022 at 6:18 AM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @darkflux

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back. 

The issue is being investigated. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Any update on this? I've been running into the same problem, with still no option available to turn it off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...