Kaspersky free stopped working on Windows 7

AIB53

I previously restored my computer to earlier state due to an audio driver issue. After the system restore I noticed that there was no kaspersky icon on notification bar. I manually started kaspersky from desktop icon. Then it loaded and stopped with this notification "Failed to start system watcher". When i clicked details it stopped again. After that I checked the security center , there was no errors related to the av. Afterwards when I checking the services, I noticed that the kaspersky antivirus service stopped. I started it and ran again with the desktop icon, same thing happened. What can I do to solve the problem? Below is the GSI file.

Hello AIB53, Welcome. Thank you for submitting data and comprehensive information:pray_tone3:
  1. Create a restore point
  2. Uninstall Kaspersky software - if a popup screen presents asking to select 6 possible options - ONLY save "license" information. Ignore the other options.
  3. Allow the uninstall to complete.
  4. Shutdown PC using "shutdown" option.
  5. When the device is fully powered OFF, press the power to restart.
  6. Login
  7. Download and install KAVF.
  8. Shutdown PC using "shutdown" option.
  9. When the device is fully powered OFF, press the power to restart.
  10. Login, check issue.
  11. IF KAV is running normally perform a manual database update - allow it to complete.
  12. Run a manual Full scan - - allow it to complete.
  13. Please let us know how you go?
Thanks. KAVF help doc ref: https://help.kaspersky.com/KFA/2019/en-US/101565.htm

Thank you for quick reply. I really appreciate it. But I have a problem regarding the download. I tried to download the free version but the download link for the free version is not working . I'm only able to download cloud version. will it capable to protect my pc "offline"? Because I'm not working online all the time (The previous version did excellent job in offline).

I'm only able to download cloud version. will it capable to protect my pc "offline"?
Hello AIB53, You're very welcome! Can you show me download cloud version link please? If you are referring to Kaspersky Cloud Security, it installs on your device, protects your device, can be managed from your device (offline) and via your MyKaspersky account and can be installed on multiple platforms, for example, Windows, Mac, Android, iOS. https://www.kaspersky.com/security-cloud
  1. All Kaspersky software needs regular internet access to maintain database updates.
Thanks so much.

cloud version.
Hello again AIB53, This article, by Marvin the Robot, gives a good overview of Kaspersky Security Cloud — Free - August 9, 2018 https://www.kaspersky.com/blog/ksc-free-download/23382/ --- The downside of free software is no access to Kaspersky Lab Technical Support & "advertising". Best regards:pray_tone3:

I successfully installed the Kaspersky security cloud . Now it's working correctly and seems faster than older version. Thank you so much for guiding me to solve the problem. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: