Kaspersky free machine learning

Cifed
Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello everyone. 

Actually I am having confusion about kaspersky free's protection features. In file antivirus setting window or in scan settings window(any type of scan) I see a option named 'machine learning and signature ' and it is grayed out and it is not giving me to enable disable this option. Now I am thinking that kaspersky free doesn’t use ML. looks like it only use heuristic. And another key reason for my confusion is kaspersky report. In last month dozens of zero days were detected by Kaspersky but I haven't found anything in report saying machine learning detected this threat. But says reason is machine learning. 

anyway please let me know if it uses machine learning and it would be more better if you guys give a instance.

Edited by Cifed

• Solution

Hello @Cifed

Welcome back!

• If you're referring to this Machine learning & signature analysis, it's a default, used in all Kaspersky home AV software:
  • Each Scan Settings show what is defined, (our) Quick scan, for example, is: Security level: Optimal, Machine learning and signature analysis: Yes, Heuristic analysis: Light scan, Scan technologies: iSwift: No, iChecker: Yes, Action on threat detection: Disinfect
  • image.thumb.png.c506a60d33e6a6f7dfb152af7f7965f8.png
  1. Regarding the "dozens of zero daysreport, post an image of the issue, we need to see what you see please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Hello Flood

Thank you for your reply. But I am busy with my office work. So I can't  upload anything for this week . 

Sorry man. 

But what if I upload those pictures in next week ? Let me know.

Thank you

Cifed

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Flood?

here is the pictures you wanted. the reason of my confusion is that in reason menu kaspersky said it was Machine learning.
But as you can see that kaspersky used heur prefix in threat name, I thought it was detected by heuristic. I also wrote a topic about it a month before.  

But they said it was detected by heur and cloud. But Flood can you explain me this report please.

THANK YOU
Cifed

79653341_Screenshot2022-11-30004924.png.1a7f3fdace1c4cea17bf3830579db748.png928644919_Screenshot2022-11-30004850.png.6c2ff7ce7721a72e5382e60fe378dae7.png

Edited by Cifed