Kaspersky Free disapeared

Safer

I am a Kaspersky Free user since early 2020, i have recently re-installed windows on my computer with a diferent OS version [ I was Win 10 Enterprise now i am Win 10 Pro ]

Kaspersky didn't recognize this as my actualy computer anymore and my kaspersky free licence was still only activated on the " ghost computer " i was unable to transfer it and there is no support for Free users. I tried to remove the old PC and just make a fresh Free programme, however now it seems that Kaspersky Free doesn't actually exist anymore and that this new Kaspersky Cloud Free is not availalble in Greece, so i am stuck without an Anti-virus [ except the Win 10 default one ] though i had a auto-renewable free license for the Kaspersky, any ideas or solutions so i can continue my free licence or make a new one?

Hello @Safer

Welcome!

We've escalated the fact Kaspersky Free was available for the Greece region & has been withdrawn, but, has not been replaced with any Kaspersky free software via Kaspersky Support, to Russia HQ experts, for review; when there's a response we'll update your topic. 

In the meantime Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, from Kaspersky's Global website, is available. 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

@Flood and Flood's wife 

Thank you a lot for the fast reply, i have downloaded the Global version which i assume should be working, but it seems its region locked for Greece though its Global version from the link you have provided me with.

To be a bit more specific and providing the necesary information i have attached two screenshots regarding this after my instalation that showed up. Both in the installed aplication and my My Kaspersky.

Ha1Xrto.png

FZyeEKd.png

Hello @Safer

You're most welcome!

Thank you for letting us know, that's unexpected & disappointing?.

• We've reached out to Support, they don't know; they are seeking an explanation from Russia HQ, as soon as it's available we'll update this topic. 
  • In the interim install KAV, KIS or KTS Trial, it will last 30 days, that's better than nothing?

Thank you?

Flood?+?

On 6/22/2022 at 1:44 PM, andrew75 said:

@Safer, you can install Kaspersky Free 21.3 by downloading the Kaspersky Internet Security distribution kit and running the installation from the command line:

kis21.3.10.391en_26095.exe /pPRODUCTTYPE=kfa

Awesome, i downloaded it however i am not sure how to do what you asked me, could you guide me through if its not too much trouble please? I am very greatfull

• Like 1

1. Put the downloaded file on your desktop

2. Run the command prompt in Windows - https://support.kaspersky.com/common/windows/14637#block0

3. At the command prompt, type the following command:

%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\kis21.3.10.391en_26095.exe /pPRODUCTTYPE=kfa

4. Press Enter

If the name of the file you downloaded is different from "kis21.3.10.391en_26095.exe", then type the name of the file you downloaded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, andrew75 said:

1. Put the downloaded file on your desktop

2. Run the command prompt in Windows - https://support.kaspersky.com/common/windows/14637#block0

3. At the command prompt, type the following command:

%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\kis21.3.10.391en_26095.exe /pPRODUCTTYPE=kfa

4. Press Enter

If the name of the file you downloaded is different from "kis21.3.10.391en_26095.exe", then type the name of the file you downloaded.

Thank you again for your time and detailed assistance, let me try right now and inform you and others with similar problems about the results! 

• Like 1

Awesome, the instalation seem to have worked, if anyone is facing similar issue with their free version this worked perfectly for me, i really do hope Kaspersky shows a bit more love to Greece and introduce the Cloud Free for us too in the coming time, until then i think this is sufficient!

Thank you Flood and Andrew for saving my PC ?

• Like 2

Hello @Safer

You're most welcome!

Also, Kaspersky support replied, they said: 

1. Customer can use any trial license - we explained to them that only lasts 30 days?!
  2. KSC Free from global page should work - we explained to them it doesn't?!

We also hope Kaspersky shows Greece a bit more love too; they had similar problem for Romania & eventually fixed it, it's possible, IF they ever get around to releasing MR6 Free, that they release that in Greece -  time will tell?

Thank you?

Flood?+?