Kaspersky free activation not valid anymore?

yoopyel21

On 12/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, OskarO said:

windows 7 || the only Kaspersky i see is from the icon bottom right of my screen that shows version "Kaspersky free 21.8.5.452".

1. Is that the old one or is it new?
  2. did i download/install the new one correctly?
  3. i also realize that the accounts have to be in sync. || i  explored the options inside my account from the web and it only offers paid versions.

Hello @OskarO

Welcome & our most abject apologies that your topic has not been replied to?, we're so sorry!!

1. Software with version number beginning with 21.8 is from Kaspersky's *new* range, so you've installed the most recent version of Kaspersky Free.
  2. IF you're in the UK, then yes, you have done what is required, well done?
  3. For Kaspersky's *new* range, including Kaspersky Free 21.8*, the software installed on the computer & (your) MyKaspersky account must be synced, at least once; as long as - after installing Kaspersky Free, you signed into (your) MyKaspersky account; it sounds as tho you've done that, but, in your MyKaspersky account you can't see Kaspersky Free - is that correct
  4. After installing Kaspersky Free, has the computer been shut down, using Shutdown, not Restart, then powered on by pressing the power button, logged into & the Kaspersky Free app checked & is running ok? 

IF there's any issues outstanding, please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Kaspersky Free - How to install or remove the application

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all.

Last summer 2022 I have successfully managed to install Kaspersky Free on 2 computers, one PC and one notebook.
The version was 21.7.7.393en which has been automatically upgraded to 21.8.5.452(c) and is working OK.
Now I wanted to install on my mother´s notebook this same software but without success.

In one case I have picked up country "Slovak Republic or Slovakia" and the installation said, that FREE version is not intended for this country.
I have also tryed another notebook with "Czech Republic" and the same message appeared.

But as I have said, last summer I have managed to install it and for sure I have used "Czech Republic" where I live in.

Can you please help me with this and explain what has changed?
Why I am not able to install Kaspersky Free?
Should I use another country and if yes, which?

Thank you very much.
Marek

4 hours ago, mbalc said:

Last summer 2022 I have successfully managed to install Kaspersky Free on 2 computers, one PC and one notebook.
The version was 21.7.7.393en which has been automatically upgraded to 21.8.5.452(c) and is working OK.
Now I wanted to install on my mother´s notebook this same software but without success.

In one case I have picked up country "Slovak Republic or Slovakia" and the installation said that FREE version is not intended for this country. I have also tried another notebook with "Czech Republic" and the same message appeared.

But as I have said, last summer I have managed to install it and for sure I have used "Czech Republic" where I live in.

1. Can you please help me with this and explain what has changed? Why I am not able to install Kaspersky Free?
  2. Should I use another country and if yes, which?

Hello @mbalc, Marek, 

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky has released a new product line, the rollout is not yet complete, to accommodate part of the rollout Free has been removed or suspended on some local sites. 
  2. On Kaspersky's global website, select Kaspersky Security Cloud – Free - there is no specific documentation for Kaspersky Security Cloud Free - please follow Kaspersky's commercial guide: How to install the application & all the sub documents. 

If there's any problems or questions, please do not hesitate to post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• 1 month later...

Dear Flood,

thank you very much for your reply.

I prefer the "Kaspersky Free" product instead of "Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free" and would like to continue using "Kaspersky Free".

Will this be still possible? Any ideas how to do it, how to install it?

Thank you very much.

Marek, Prague, Czech Republic

16 hours ago, mbalc said:

I prefer the "Kaspersky Free" product instead of "Kaspersky Security Cloud - Free" and would like to continue using "Kaspersky Free".

Hello @mbalc, Marek,

Welcome back!

Go to: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/free-antivirus, there's a drop-down list, with European Union or, select Global: 

image.thumb.jpeg.0efb26b9e60e6d5d84a5ba8163cbfaf4.jpeg

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Kaspersky Free library

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 12:57 AM, yoopyel21 said:

hey there, i'm back with my attempt at reinstalling kaspersky SC on my pc. 

I've tried to follow the steps u've previously laid out for me i.e. i downloaded Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 

from the link u've provided (https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus), i installed it, entered my kaspersky account when prompted and then entered my kaspersky account over the webs to try and activate from there but i am lost, dont know how to activate it, i have no option in doing so (linking a pic to show u what i got). maybe u can help me to solve this, would be much appreciated 

Untitled.png

Dear Support team,

I am now facing the same issue like poopyel21, but i already tried the method you suggest that choose the right region in the download page. I chose global or even UK but still fail like the picture poopyel21 shown.

image.thumb.png.82f01cf280db5026b015f5043868c744.png

And this is what my Subscription page said. I tried few days but still fail to do so...

Could you please help to see?