Kaspersky free activation not valid anymore?

yoopyel21

Hello there, new user here making this account just to find out/seek help regarding this situation i have. so i've been using kaspersky for whats seems like forever now, started by pirating it, then buying it, then going with the free version for what it seems like the past 4-5 years. haven't had any issues and i really love the app in general. my problem is that since like september i think (can't really remember, may've been late aug, early september) the activation for the free version "expired" or smth? i mean my app is not functional anymore. i uninstalled it and switched to another free anti virus but i would love to be able to come back to it, therefore i'm searching for answers/solutions if there are any. i'm open to post whatever info anyone needs in order to better understand the issue, just let me know what's needed and how i can do it w/o having the app installed (i got no issues in reinstalling it if it's required, but would love to do it when i can solve the activation thing so i can continue to use it and not uninstall, go back to another software, etc).

So ye, my kaspersky is saying : "

Application is not activated

Protection is disabled. Purchase a license and enter an activation code to activate the application. " and don't know what activation code i could enter for a free version.

hope it was clear enough and ty.

33 minutes ago, yoopyel21 said:

Application is not activated

Hello @yoopyel21

Welcome!

1. Kaspersky have recently released a new version; it helps us to help you if we know which software: version & patch, is installed -> on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  2. Have you signed into (your) MyKaspersky account, from the Kaspersky Free application, to synchronize the app with the account - read: How to activate the application
  3. More reading?Kaspersky Free: About your subscription.

Please let us know?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

mate. thank u very much for your promptitude, is much appreciated <3.

As for what u're saying, i have to tell u that i cant really remember what i had installed, but i found out that i tried this kaspersky4win202121.7.7.393en_33704 on the 15th of september (which is exactly the day when my previous kaspersky app stopped working, thats why i tried to uninstall the old and reinstall this new one that i just linked).

Regarding the MyKaspersky thing, when im in there, it says exactly what i've pasted in my previous post, "application is not activated" and i have 2 options : either "buy license" or "add activation code". Seems that i don't know what to do from there, would appreciate a bit more detailed/directed help. thanks <3

Hello @yoopyel21

You're most welcome!

• ?You don't have to remember what you installed; all you have to do is follow the instructions, so we can help you?
  •  ?The documentation we posted above explains very clearly - IF the Kaspersky app & (your) MY Kaspersky account do not talk to one another, the app will not work!

1. Where did this installer come from - kaspersky4win202121.7.7.393en_33704  - which site - post the URL please?  
  2. Is the Kaspersky Free software installed (on the computer) at the moment - even if it's not activated - yes or no? 
  3. Have you signed into your MyKaspersky  account, from the Kaspersky Free application - not a browser - yes or no? 
  4. Since installing the Kaspersky Free software, has the computer been rebooted, shutdown & restarted?

Please let us know?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

since it's getting late over where i am, i will kindly ask u to continue this tomorrow. but, trying to answer as quickly and concise as i can to ur questions, i can say :

1. i can't remember the exact site. it should have been a redirect from searching "kaspersky free" or something along those lines on google

2. I don't have kaspersky installed atm on my pc cause it wasnt working (willing to do it as soon as i know what and how to make it working again)

3.  yes

4. yes

thanks and have a good evening, looking forward to solve this tomorrow

Edited by yoopyel21

33 minutes ago, yoopyel21 said:

since it's getting late over where i am

Hello @yoopyel21

Thank you for the information!

Kaspersky have been progressively rolling out the new version, to various locations, not all regions have the distributions - we need to find out which installer you have - which region are you in? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

5 hours ago, yoopyel21 said:

hey, getting back to u with the info requested, im in EU region (Romania more specifically). 

Hello @yoopyel21

Thank you for the information! 

The "more specifically" is very relevant - at the moment, Kaspersky has not distributed Kaspersky Free to Romania: https://www.kaspersky.ro/home-security#all - & looking at their AVAILABILITY OF KASPERSKY SECURITY CLOUD reference - Romania is not listed; you may wonder, "why are the looking at KASPERSKY SECURITY CLOUD reference?" Well because, it works the same as the new M7 software - KSC only activates / works after the installed software has been synchronized with the users' MyKaspersky account; the software will not work without a MyKaspersky account - all the original 21.3 version software does work without this requirement. 
Sadly, on the Romania site, Kaspersky have also removed the original Kaspersky Free 21.3. 

In a nutshell, at the moment, Kaspersky Romania, does not have Kaspersky Free 21.3, or Kaspersky Free M7. 

We suggest you use Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, from Kaspersky's Global website: using this link: https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus (it has no regional restrictions & it's the only Kaspersky Free software available, for you, atm

BEFORE you install, please read all the documentation

How to install the application:

• Starting installation of the application
  • Reviewing the End User License Agreement
  • Kaspersky Security Network Statement
  • Installing the application
  • Recommended settings
  • Completing installation
  • Connecting to My Kaspersky
  • Activating the application
  • Completing activation

If you get stuck, please screen print any errors with full screen, screen-prints & post back, we'll try to assist? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Corrected spelling ?

thank u very much, i will do that as soon as time will allow me. meanwhile let me just express my appreciation and gratitude for the irreproachable service u're providing. promptitude, calmness and extensive explanations are things that at least i encounter rarely on the webs, making this customer experience much more valuable and appreciated. humble and honest thank you <3. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

hey there, i'm back with my attempt at reinstalling kaspersky SC on my pc. 

I've tried to follow the steps u've previously laid out for me i.e. i downloaded Kaspersky Security Cloud Free 

from the link u've provided (https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus), i installed it, entered my kaspersky account when prompted and then entered my kaspersky account over the webs to try and activate from there but i am lost, dont know how to activate it, i have no option in doing so (linking a pic to show u what i got). maybe u can help me to solve this, would be much appreciated 

Untitled.png

• Thanks 1

thank u, but i'm trying to understand if it will revert to the  "application is not active" situation after this 30 days period. seeing how that was the state of the app right after i installed it, i'm afraid that i'll find myself in the same place after this trial period expires. some explanation/reassurance would be appreciated, ty

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, yoopyel21 said:

(1) I'm back with my attempt at reinstalling Kaspersky SC on my pc. I've tried to follow the steps u've previously laid out for me i.e. i downloaded Kaspersky Security Cloud Free. from the link I've provided (https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus), i installed it, entered my Kaspersky account when prompted and then entered my Kaspersky account over the webs to try and activate from there; but i am lost, dont know how to activate it, i have no option in doing so (linking a pic to show u what i got). 

2 hours ago, yoopyel21 said:

(2) for the moment i have been given the option to activate premium for 30 days, but i would much appreciate if u could help me figure out how to activate it for good? thanks

1 hour ago, yoopyel21 said:

(3) I'm trying to understand if it will revert to the "application is not active" situation after these 30 days period. seeing how that was the state of the app right after i installed it, I'm afraid that I'll find myself in the same place after this trial period expires. some explanation/reassurance would be appreciated, ty

Hello @yoopyel21

Welcome back, thank you for the updates; apologies for the delay responding, we're in the Southern hemisphere, we saw your post at 3:30am, but could not reply at that time, we're so sorry?

1. The application installed on the computer is *supposed* to activate by (you), signing into (your) MyKaspersky account, from the application; there is no need to put an activation code anywhere - the process is *supposed* to be seamless, please read: How to activate the application.
  2. We're not sure if you have or have not activated the premium version, confirm please
  3. (We think), the original issue may present again, we're trying to sort this out with Kaspersky; please patiently wait, it may take some time; we will update your topic as soon as there's information. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Added resource again: How to activate the application

hey, thank you for the response, no need for apologies <3.

1. the application i installed from the link provided by you (https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus) (which is ks4.021.3.10.391en_25092.exe) asked me to connect to MyKaspersky account which i did and pretty soon after that (without me doing anything)  i got the message that the "application is not active" (please see the attached screenshot above). 

2. While i was trying to figure out how to activate the app ( more exactly what to do concerning that message that my app is not active and my computer protection is disabled), i got a message asking me if i want to try out the premium version for free for a period of 30 days. i jumped at the chance straight away and now i am at the start of this trial period of 30 days.

3. Even if now i'm happy that my kaspersky protection is up, i'm trying to prevent finding myself in the situation that i was a few hours before when i had a "subscription problem" and my app wasn't active and i didn't know what to do/how to activate it. that's what i'm trying to find out, cause if it's supposed to be a "seamless" process, well then i have to admit its not the case with me :(. 

Sorry for taking so much of your time with a problem regarding a free app/user, for the moment it's working (with this trial period), so i'm waiting to hear from you when you have a spare time (no hurry). Thanks again, and good day.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, yoopyel21 said:

1. the application i installed from the link provided by you (https://www.kaspersky.com/free-antivirus) (which is ks4.021.3.10.391en_25092.exe) asked me to connect to MyKaspersky account which i did and pretty soon after that (without me doing anything)  i got the message that the "application is not active".

2. Start of - premium version for free for a period of 30 days = trial period 30 days.

3. Even if now I'm happy that my Kaspersky protection is up, i'm trying to prevent finding myself in the situation that i was a few hours before when I had a "subscription problem" and my app wasn't active and i didn't know what to do/how to activate it. that's what I'm trying to find out, cause if it's supposed to be a "seamless" process, well then i have to admit it's not the case with me :(. 

4. Sorry for taking so much of your time with a problem regarding a free app/user, for the moment it's working (with this trial period), so I'm waiting to hear from you when you have a spare time (no hurry)

Hello @yoopyel21

1. & 4. You're most welcome, there's no need to apologize for taking up time or for being a Kaspersky Free user, the software should work, irrespective of whether it's paid for or free; the problem has arisen because Kaspersky has withdrawn Kaspersky Free from the Romania site; they did this the last time there was a transition to a new version; it's very frustrating.
  2. Thank you for confirming - that right at this moment, you do have active Kaspersky software installed?
  3. & 4. As soon as Kaspersky respond we will update the topic. 
  • Remember - information you post may help other users, don't ever feel, as a user of free software, that you're not important to Kaspersky! 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

hello, i'm reviving this topic asking if there's any news about the kaspersky free software being available where i live (Romania) seeing that my kaspersky security cloud trial version will expire in 3 days. I would really love to stick to kaspersky as my online protection, but as stated above, its not working... thank u and hopefully there's some good news to be shared ;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yoopyel21 said:

hello, I'm reviving this topic asking if there's any news about the Kaspersky free software being available where i live (Romania) seeing that my Kaspersky security cloud trial version will expire in 3 days. I would really love to stick to Kaspersky as my online protection, but as stated above, it's not working... thank u and hopefully there's some good news to be shared ?

Hello @yoopyel21

Welcome back!

Annoyingly Romania is still without Kaspersky Free, we are so sorry. 

Would using Kaspersky Security Cloud Free for Windows® from Kaspersky's Global website, be a suitable solution atm please? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

hello, i come back with an update regarding my situation. Today is/was the last day of my premium trial period for kaspersky security cloud so i thought to revert back to the free version. not knowing any other way to do so, i uninstalled the software that i had on my pc (with restarts and registry cleaners (im using revo uninstaller for that)) and proceeded to install the installer that u provided in the link above (posted this past sunday by u) (which is the same installer u've provided me earlier in this topic and i was using btw). After i installed the new (i.e. old) kaspersky security cloud software, i got a window pop up that said my key is blocked (will link picture). i dont know how to activate the free verison. that is what i said earlier in this topic when i stated that i got lucky being offered the premium version for 30 days trial. when u have time, can u please try and sort this out together with me? like what steps must i follow, what am i doing wrong or what am i not doing? i'm trying to use the KS software but it seems it doesnt want me to use it...anyways thank u

image.png.0a951951f545e0d7e95b403a44c83b5f.png

Hello @yoopyel21

Thank you for the update & the images!

The 2nd image shows the software is Kaspersky Security Cloud Personal, not Free; if, when you've downloaded https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/try-free-cloud-antivirus, the exe from that download needs to synchronize with (your) MyKaspersky account & it cannot synchronize with any *old* Kaspersky Security Cloud licenses you may have held in the past.

In (your) MyKaspersky account, go to the Subscriptions tab & post a full screen screen-print, so we can see what software may be contributing to the issue.

Note: before you post the image - hide all personal information please, e.g., full name, email address etc.

Please post back? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

image.thumb.png.c90910ae081a8535e98a72b3fed82b91.png

hello and thank u for the fast response (as always) even tho i wasnt able to see it until now. the "personal" version of the kaspersky security cloud may be because of the offer i received back in november to test the trial version for 30 days. i have used the link u provided me (3 times already :) ) and the installer i've downloaded and executed is called : "ks4.021.3.10.391en_25092.exe". maybe there is something that im missing (why else isnt working if not for smth im missing tho :) ), but here's the picture of MyKaspersky subscriptions page :

Atm it still shows as there is a bit more time remaining in the trial version (i assume), but i will come back later today with an updated pictured if needed. thanks and wish u a good day.

ks1.jpg

2 hours ago, yoopyel21 said:

so i have reinstalled the KS security cloud being extra careful during the entire process on what i click, check etc and i managed to get it working. i now have KS security free active and protecting my pc :). thank you once again.

Hello @yoopyel21

You're most welcome?

That's brilliant! Well done!? 

Thank you so much for taking the time to update the Community, we're delighted to read this good news!

Flood?+?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I believe i have issue of switching to the "new" free kaspersky app.

I have used kaspersky for years, and now it says that my subscription is expired which seems to be the same problem for many who have posted here but i cant seem to find an answer.

so from what i have learned is that kaspersky has made some sort of switch to a "new" "kaspersky free".

so i assumed that means i need to install that new one and so i did, but the installation process left me empty handed. it didnt tell me where it installed it. i believe i still have the old version. the only kaspersky i see is from the icon bottom right of my screen that shows version "kaspersky free 21.8.5.452".

Is that the old one or is it new?

if its the old one then how do i find the new one?

I have windows 7

I downloade it from:

https://www.kaspersky.co.uk/downloads/free-antivirus

file name is: kaspersky4win202121.8.5.452en_33704.exe

did i download/install the new one correctly?

if i tried to install it again it would say that i already have it installed.

i also realize that the accounts have to be in sync. i  explored the options inside my account from the web and it only offers paid versions.

I tried to give as much information as i could, and im sorry if it has already been answered. im quite confused, it just seems its no longer free.