Kaspersky Forum, and Kaspersky Fan Club

John7788

I can’t access to the forum.kaspersky.com, whatever links I found on the Google, it leads me to one “messenger-like” website, which functions there are more like to make friends and chat?

But I am not there to chat. I am there to find a solution to my problem, I am there to read the posts from the forum. I thought I was been hacked but then I noticed a link from the formal kaspersky website that introduce people to the kaspersky funclub page. 

Why I can’t browse any forum post of kaspersky? Why the page always direct me to this kaspersky funclub that literally has nothing in it?

Hello @John7788,

Welcome!

• forum.kaspersky.com” resolves to Kaspersky Fan Club → image 1
  • The Kaspersky Community, here, where you’ve created your topic, is the “forum”
  • Kaspersky “archived” the original Kaspersky forum & started a new “forum”, with a new name = Kaspersky Community. 
  • To find topics in the Kaspersky Community use the search field → image 2; note, the search feature is “clunky” and does not have the enhanced search features the original Kaspersky Forum had. 

• It appears as tho it’s no longer possible to access the original Kaspersky Forum, instead Kaspersky now has “forum.kaspersky.com” resolving to the Fanclub; Kaspersky did say they were going to get rid of the original Forum, however @Rodion Nagornov said “Kaspersky Forum will be still available for 1-2 years at least in readonly mode”, we had hoped the 2 yrs would be extended, sadly, it appears as tho Kaspersky has now actually got rid of a valuable resource?
  1. When you start with “forum.kaspersky.com”, where is that URL coming from, is it a shortcut, a bookmark, a link from a google search, something else? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Well, I am actually having problems with the gameguard. It looks like a common problem many gamer is having at the moment, if you just type anything such as “kaspersky gameguard” in the Google search, a lot of links appear, but the problem is, none of the link can link to the forum.kaspersky. Every links, re-direct me to the kaspersky fun club, that even once made me suspect whether this funclub page is fake or my pc was been hacked or something.

It is kind of annoying because usually when users are trying to find something in the forum of an antivirus company, they usually are having difficulty or problems that needs to be attended and thus finding solution in the forum. We are not there to join any fun club.

It is like when your car broke down on the street, and the service in charge, keep promotes you about the new products like a salesman. I appreciate the introduction of the new products, but obviously the timing isn’t feel right to do so. We are trying to find solutions to our problems.

Hello @John7788,

You’re welcome!

We agree with you!

1. Kaspersky appears to have got rid of the original Kaspersky Forum. 
  2. The original Kaspersky Forum has been replaced by the Kaspersky Community. 
  3. If you wish to find anything now, the resource is the Kaspersky Community. 
  4. We can replicate the “kaspersky gameguard” search issue you’ve reported  → image 1 & 2, resolve to Fanclub → image 3

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hey John7788, just wanted to thank you for asking this question. I started seeing this Kaspersky Club come up as well and thought it seemed very suspicious (not to mention barely readable). It’s disappointing that Kaspersky decided against retaining years of troubleshooting data (or at least against keep it publicly accessible). It would’ve been nice had Kaspersky Labs been more communicative of this change.

Hi @all,

also we moderators were a bit surprised that the old forum was closed without further announcement. As @FLOOD already wrote it was to be expected, but came out of the blue.

But we also have to see one thing:
the problem solutions in the old forum all refer to today's outdated versions, 2019 and earlier. Whether they would work with the current versions is at least questionable.

As difficult as it may be under certain circumstances:
let's make a new start here, tailored to the current versions. Maybe an old problem will reappear, but we will find a new solution.

PS: I would prefer a redirection to the new community, even if it doesn't change the result...

Hello @Schulte,

Thank you for contributing👌

• The reason the original Forum was so valuable was the methodology of many of the solutions, irrespective of the software versions, methodology knowledge bases never expire. 
  • Sadly, that resource has been obliterated. 
  • Sometimes, Kaspersky does dumb things, cremating the original Forum is one such example. 
  • The fact they’ve got the redirect now going to the *fan* club is another. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Kaspersky does dumb things,

In addition to @Schulte , as far as we know  the decision to close the Official KL forum and redirecting to FC was taken by the top, and i am convinced this was based on valid reasons.
Also, if needed we can  always go back to our valuable personal off line archives.

@Berny 

We know the decision was made by Kaspersky at the “top”, @Rodion Nagornov stated that over a year ago.

Whether the decision was done by the Kaspersky managing director or the Kaspersky cleaner, it’s still a dumb decision. 

So, there’s a public off line archive?

Maybe moderators have that, the majority of us don’t. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi @FLOOD,

I also find it regrettable that many solutions that might give a clue are no longer available. It also pains me that I can no longer access 1000 PMs. Unfortunately they could not be archived.

I can still understand Kaspersky's step. Even running a forum that is no longer in use consumes resources and costs license fees. Also the maintenance (updates) is not free, an admin has to do it and he wants to be paid.

It is an uncommon situation for everyone. Let's make the best out of it.

Hello @Schulte,

Thank you for your comments👌

We do understand the business “rationale”, however, we’re entitled to voice our displeasure, especially when an issue has ramifications. 

It is an uncommon situation for everyone, that’s why this topic exists → @John7788 raised it, 1. because he was concerned his device may be contaminated, 2. because he needed to access the original resource, where, btw, there is information for his specific problem, 3. because he nearly went ?trying to work out how not to be redirected to the “fan” club and it’s also why @paulo vulpes contributed. 

Even the best companies, executives, people are capable of making dumb decisions, obliterating the original Forum happens to be one of those.

Unlike linking to the Fan club, that’s just a sloppy “mistake.”

As for making the best of the outcome of a dumb decision, we have no choice.

If Kaspersky can’t handle objective commentary from Kaspersky subscribers, they shouldn’t have provided a Community platform.  

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Kaspersky Labs probably shouldn’t have redirected links from the old forums to point to whatever Kaspersky Club is, because again, it doesn’t have a professional look/feel and seems suspicious and also because I was unable to find any mention of what Kaspersky Club was anywhere else on the Internet, not even on Kaspersky’s website.

While a lot of the information was old/outdated, the overall function of many of the Kaspersky Security Center components, for example, remain unchanged, and so even though the forum posts about those components may have been referencing obsolete versions, the questions about how they function that the documentation may not reference are still prescient.