Kaspersky flaggin NZXT cam

Yeah I've the same issue..

Started my PC and then Kaspersky brought up the notification: Malware detected NZXT Cam in /appdata/local/ - PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic and removed the program.

I already contacted NZXT Support - seems like an issue when NZXT is trying to get the new CAM update

Edited by JoLaser
Rechtschreibung
  • Like 2

Hello @1brute, @RandomSurge, @graljarkeld, @JoLaser@Cesl08

Welcome!

1. Please read & follow all instructions: Kaspersky application blocks my website or application. What should I do?; also, if you can access the exe, zip it, protect the zip file with a password - either MALWARE or INFECTED, send the zipped/password protected file to support, with the rest of the information & include the password in any communications with support please. 

?Only the Virus Lab can determine a false positive; support will engage the Virus Lab & then support will communicate any results, back to you. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

I got an answer from NZXT Support:

Hey John,

thank you for your message.

To the actual problem that Kaspersky recognizes the latest CAM update as a virus.

We are already in contact with Kaspersky and are trying to fix this error.

Since it only occurs with Kaspersky, it is actually a technical detection problem on Kaspersky's side.

The current solution is the following:

Deactivate Kaspersky briefly and then simply install it.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Warm greetings

Marco

CAM by NZXT

Hey! Been following this thread as well as a few others on Reddit. Has it been confirmed by Kaspersky that this is a false positive? I’ve just seen other people mention it being detected on Malwarebytes and a different AV as well. If so, how did you continue? Did you just update the database and then bring the files out of quarantine, or did you reinstall NZXT CAM? Thanks!