Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux stops reverse proxy functioning

I'm currently running Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11.2.0 for Linux on a Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS with Apache installed to act as an reverse proxy. Everything seems to run fine, but after a couple of days reverse proxy function stops and I need to restart the KESL service to get everything to work again. What can I do to get more information logged on why Kaspersky will cause the reverse proxy to stop functioning?

• 6 months later...
On 1/27/2023 at 1:21 AM, LandonCantrell said:

Hey there. Have you found a solution? One thing you could try is looking into the log files for Kaspersky and Apache to see if there's any specific error message or indication of what's causing the issue. My friend, who uses Kasperksy all the time, advised me about it.

Additionally, you might want to consider using the best 4g mobile proxy (htt ps://soax.com/mobile-proxies) to help with the stability of your reverse proxy setup. I really hope this works. Anyway, let us know if you still need more help. Waiting for your reply.

Edited by Caos
Live link edited, please review forum rules.

You can enable verbose logging in Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux by making a change to the configuration file. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Open the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux configuration file, located at /opt/kaspersky/kesl/bin/kesl.conf
  2. Find the line that starts with "debug=" and change the value to "yes"
  3. Save and close the file
  4. Restart the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux service by running the following command: "systemctl restart kesl"

With verbose logging enabled, you should see more detailed information about what is happening with the Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Linux service in the logs, which can help you identify the issue causing the reverse proxy to stop functioning. The logs can be found at /var/log/kesl/.