Kaspersky conflict with Techsmith SnagIt

Zac
Go to solution Solved by Zac,

Here is a link from the TechSmith SnagIt knowledgebase - 

https://support.techsmith.com/hc/en-us/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&category=200174548&query=Kaspersky&commit=Search

showing that there are several conflicts with Kaspersky when attempting to get a screen capture or scrolling screen capture while Kaspersky is active.

I brought this issue to the attention of Kaspersky support, and they are saying it is “new”.

TechSmith Snagit support has referenced the above link and stated it has been going on for quite some time with no resolution that they are aware of.

Has anyone else seen this?

Are there any community suggestions or resolutions?

Thanks ??

Hello @Zac

Welcome back!

When the KIS protected browser is active, screen images captures are blocked, this is as per design = normal

• 1 Are you having issues taking all screen prints when KIS Protected browser is NOT used, or are you only having problems with Snagit & KIS when Protected browser is not used? 

➡ Please provide exact  details

Include:

• 2 Operating system version & build? 
  • 3 KIS version & patch(x) x = letter? 
  • 4 Provide the incident reference # for the request logged with Kaspersky Technical Support

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hey @Flood and Flood's wife ,

This is when KIS Protected Browser is not in use.

Windows ver 10 (19041.508)

KIS 20.0.14.108 (m)

Support ID INC000012004850.

It started after the last KIS update. And oddly I still seem to be behind on updates. I say this because KIS looks totally different on my newer 2nd computer and has a 22 ver number. (Don’t have SnagIt on that PC).

I tried support for the KIS ver number issue, but was advised to just be patient and I’ll get it when it gets pushed to my “area?”.

Thoughts appreciated :)

Zac

PS JUST as I was ready to send - a thought hit me… tried it in Edge and I get the scroll arrows. So it’s just Chrome. (It is up to date).

(and wife? - is this new?)

Hello @Zac,

Thank you for the information👌

1. What does “I tried support for the KIS ver number issue, but was advised to just be patient and I’ll get it when it gets pushed to my area” mean? 
  2. Has the snagit issue(s) been tested with KIS21? 
  3.  Please provide exact  details - what of snagit is not working - please include screen prints of each element? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hi @Flood and Flood's wife 

1 (clarification) Was advised by Kaspersky Support that the reason my KIS version number is not current is because “the update has not yet been pushed out to my area”. I do not know how Kaspersky “pushes out updates” so I do not know what that means or why my version of KIS is not the most current.

2 I do not know how to get a more current version of KIS. I will gladly update if you can show me how.

3 KIS 20.0.14.108 (m) is not working with Snagit and Chrome.

Zac

Hello @Zac,

Thank you for the information👌

1. Which area/location/region 
  2. KIS21 download can be installed from the Kaspersky global website.
  3. Please provide images of each snagit element that is not working so we can try to replicate the issues, without images we will not test, we do not have a ?

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Sorry Flood…

Not sure what you mean by “element”.

I’ve attached the instructions on how Snagit should capture an area. The orange arrows in the instructions are the part that is not appearing on screen. Is that what you meant?

I am in USA (on the east coast).

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you need more.

Zac :)

Hello @Zac

Thank you👌

1. 21.1.15.500 has been out pre August 2020, it is now up to patch C
  2. Please read the KIS21 guidance, if you’re in California please choose the KIS21 California software specifically, however, if you’re not in California, please choose non-California.
  3. Read How to install KIS & follow carefully, including a  system requirements check & an applications installed on your computer are incompatible with KIS check.
  4. Before installing KIS21, uninstall KIS20, save License information only, do not select any other check boxes.
  5. Download the correct installer & do a clean install of KIS21
  6. Recheck Snagit issue & let us know the outcome? 
  7. Also, when did Support advise “the update has not yet been pushed out to your area” ?
  8. Post the incident request number for the Support request please? 

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Flood and Flood's wife 

1 - I now have ver 21.1.15.500 c installed on my PC.

2 - Done.

3 - Under “Software compatibility” there is a section called “Protection against screenshots”. Point 2 states “Your CPU does not support hardware virtualization”. This is true of my PC. It does not support this. Will this be an issue?

Stopping at this point until I hear back.

Hello,

Do you mean SnagIt couldn’t make a screenshot when safe money (protection safe browser) is off? When this function is ON (Look at the below screenshot, the browers has a green bord), You couldn’t make a screenshot, which is normal. Only keyboard PrtSc key is available.

Do you want to take a screenshot in this situation? ☟☟☟☟☟☟☟☟

Regards.

• Solution

Hi @Wesly.Zhang and @Flood and Flood's wife 

Yes the SnagIt software is a purchased/licensed program and requires registration. Sorry for the frustration.

Snipaste unfortunately does not support scrolling capture in the free version, so I cannot test whether or not Kaspersky is the issue in this case/test.

In reading the documentation for Snipaste, it is unclear if the option to scroll capture a window might be available if I paid for and registered for the Pro version of this program. I unfortunately would be taking a “chance” on a purchase not knowing if Snipaste would be a viable substitute for Snagit.

The only thing we do know at this point, is Microsoft Edge does work as expected and allows scrolling capture. If we have reached a point where we cannot test further, I can switch to Edge for those tasks that require Snagit scrolling capture functions. In my opinion, Edge is not a reliable or safe browser, but since I already own a license for Snagit, I will need to make the best of this situation.

Thanks ?

@Zac