Kaspersky Cloud Free program, Scan and Database Update and almost all else does not respond.

mksky

I can open up the free version of Kaspersky like this,

But it will not allow me to press any of the buttons like ‘scan’ or database update. If I press them nothing happens. I cannot press settings either. I can only press the support button in the bottom left corner next to settings, and any of the blocked options that require premium which will just open up a text box suggesting to get premium.

Moderator note : EMail address removed

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue--a hand appears when hovering on the item attempting to click, but no response.  Uninstalling and reinstalling only gets Kaskpersky Security Cloud Free to work a day or two, then no response again, a day or two later.  I have uninstalled repeatedly to no avail.  Please advise?  Is this the end of the road for this installation/product?  This software works fine on another computer, but without being able to update it--the update upon program open doesn’t work.

Hello @XB77 & @shaifful

1. Before installing KSC was Applications incompatible with KSC carefully checked? 
  2. @shaifful,  Windows 11 will not be commercially released until October 2021 → carefully check KSC Operating system requirements ? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Resources:

How to find the version of your operating system

Read before you create a new topic!

As it happens, it appears that subject to no further instances of the program “locking up,” that is the cause--if Kaspersky determines that there is “incompatible” software installed on your device, it disables itself after a short period, clicking on any item will not work; if this is correct, until the “incompatible” software is uninstalled.  This is pending continuing proper functionality.  I totally do not believe that it is anything but Kaspersky essentially disabling itself in protest of the existence on the same device of another product which it has deemed incompatible (you do not have to have run the offensive program in years and it can be totally innocuous--not competing AV, or God forbid say Comodo Free Firewall--it is also possible that this is only occurring in the  Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version).

Hello @XB77

Thank you for posting back!

Did you, before installation of Kaspersky Security Cloud free, follow: 

1. Check if the computer meets system requirements
  2. Check whether any applications installed on the computer are incompatible with Kaspersky Security Cloud?
  3. Uninstall any found software conflicts? 
  4. Close all running applications? 
  • Yes or no? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

As it happens, it appears that subject to no further instances of the program “locking up,” that is the cause--if Kaspersky determines that there is “incompatible” software installed on your device, it disables itself after a short period, clicking on any item will not work; if this is correct, until the “incompatible” software is uninstalled.  This is pending continuing proper functionality.  I totally do not believe that it is anything but Kaspersky essentially disabling itself in protest of the existence on the same device of another product which it has deemed incompatible (you do not have to have run the offensive program in years and it can be totally innocuous--not competing AV, or God forbid say Comodo Free Firewall--it is also possible that this is only occurring in the  Kaspersky Security Cloud Free version).

This appears to be the issue I had… my PC reduced itself to a crawl these past few days because updates kept trying to run and failed every time and KSC itself was always really, really slow. I knew Malwarebytes had been considered “incompatible” (even though I don’t run it concurrently with KSC, I only use it as an added on demand scan layer when needed) but I never imagined it’d do that. I uninstalled it and things seem to be working really well now, though time will tell.

Frankly, I love KSC for the protection and the features it offers but the fact that it artificially slowed itself down (along with my PC in general) really does make me question whether I should stick with an AV that is so petty about competing security software. It’d be one thing if I used Malwarebytes’ full features where it’s always on but I literally haven’t used it in about a year, I just like having it installed in case I pick something up that normal AV can’t take care of.

Oh well, at least the issue seems to be solved for now. I will certainly be back if the issue returns though.

Hello @JakobFel

Welcome!

Since Kaspersky upped the ante on MBAM being installed, we’ve kept MBAM, in on-demand mode, we ignore the Kaspersky alerts & there’s been no corruption of the Kaspersky GUI, Scans & or Database updates, nor has there been any performance issues. 

However, for everyone above who’s affected by the issue @mksky logged, we recommend uninstalling all conflicting software, and, if necessary, also uninstall & clean install KSC, recheck the original issue? If it’s solved, install whichever software you wish, if the original issue returns, there’s the answer. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @JakobFel

Welcome!

Since Kaspersky upped the ante on MBAM being installed, we’ve kept MBAM, in on-demand mode, we ignore the Kaspersky alerts & there’s been no corruption of the Kaspersky GUI, Scans & or Database updates, nor has there been any performance issues. 

However, for everyone above who’s affected by the issue @mksky logged, we recommend uninstalling all conflicting software, and, if necessary, also uninstall & clean install KSC, recheck the original issue? If it’s solved, install whichever software you wish, if the original issue returns, there’s the answer. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

It appears that I may have had some sort of residual installation of MBAM somewhere, which may be why the issue was occurring. It just seems odd that this started only in the past few months and just suddenly got unbearable in the past couple days. Thanks for your reply, things seem to be much, much better now that I went through the Recommended tab and uninstalled MBAM!