kaspersky can protect my e-mail?

rot99

hello to all;

i have kaspersky plus account.

my question is kaspersky can protect my e-mail account? i receive tons of fishing e-mail round 10 / day. i am using browser for accessing my e-mail account.

thank you.

@rot99Welcome

Please, when you refer to protection, do you mean Kaspersky monitoring your email and alerting you against possible account hacking or protection against receiving viruses/phishing and malware?

Well, let's get to the points:

It all depends on how you use email:

If it is through a browser, Kaspersky will protect you from downloading a malicious file or accessing a phishing address (this occurs through the safe browsing component).

Spoiler

avpui_cO6hgFHx8y.thumb.png.8ab00262af496b572ca801e09b3716ff.png

If you use an email reading and sending program such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook, in this case, Kaspersky offers protection against receiving viruses/spam/malware but through another component (in this case, Email Protection)

Spoiler

01.thumb.png.3ff5a7d22cdfcb028349c8afac09570a.png

Now, if you mean account data leak or possible account hacking, it will inform you about any suspicious activity through the "Data Leak Checker" protection module.

Spoiler

02.thumb.png.805120ade0feb4f55bb66b6d8cfc3836.png

Either way, you're pretty safe 👍

Regarding emails received, you may need to unsubscribe from receiving newsletters, in addition, you can also block them as spam through your email provider (this has nothing to do with Kaspersky).

Edited by Guilhermesene4096
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rot99 said:

kaspersky plus

i receive tons of fishing e-mail round 10 / day.

i am using browser for accessing my e-mail account.

1. my question is can kaspersky protect my e-mail account?

Hello @rot99

Welcome!

*it always helps to tell the Community which e-mail service (you) use?*

1. Yes & no, email accessed via a web browser - for example: Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo - will not be filtered & or managed by Kaspersky's Mail Anti-Virus & OR Kaspersky's Mail Anti-Spam; however, Kaspersky Plus will provide overall protection - as will KSN, if you have that enabled.  
  2. For web based mail accessed via a browser, make sure two-factor-authentication is enabled, build/configure/train the spam/phishing rules in the mail app, use a strong password & change it every 90days. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 2.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @rot99

Welcome!

*it always helps to tell the Community which e-mail service (you) use?*

1. Yes & no, email accessed via a web browser - for example: Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo - will not be filtered & or managed by Kaspersky's Mail Anti-Virus & OR Kaspersky's Mail Anti-Spam; however, Kaspersky Plus will provide overall protection - as will KSN, if you have that enabled.  
  2. For web based mail accessed via a browser, make sure two-factor-authentication is enabled, build/configure/train the spam/phishing rules in the mail app, use a strong password & change it every 90days. 

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

This is exactly what I'm looking for. "mail anti spam" What should I do to make this work? i am using hotmail. Do I have to log in somewhere with my e-mail address? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rot99 said:

This is exactly what I'm looking for. "mail anti spam" What should I do to make this work? i am using hotmail. Do I have to log in somewhere with my e-mail address? 

Hello @rot99

Thank you for posting back & the extra question!

Kaspersky's Mail Anti-Spam only works for installed mail applications - not mail accessed via a web browser. 

Check in Start menu, depends on (your) Windows OS & build, in Windows Search, type Mail, that will start the Mail app - the spam filter will add to the emails, you will still need to build / configure rules to assist the tool: 

USER_2024-02-05_152952.thumb.jpg.8216a969a1ae8eca3d73b3eda69b8f5f.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

16 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @rot99

Kaspersky's Mail Anti-Spam only works for installed mail applications - not mail accessed via a web browser. 

Check in Start menu, depends on (your) Windows OS & build, in Windows Search, type Mail, that will start the Mail app - the spam filter will add to the emails, you will still need to build / configure rules to assist the tool: 

USER_2024-02-05_152952.thumb.jpg.8216a969a1ae8eca3d73b3eda69b8f5f.jpg

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

hello

thank you for information. i know this question is irrelevent but may i ask wich email app is safest

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rot99 said:

hello

thank you for information.

1. i know this question is irrelevent but may i ask wich email app is safest

Hello @rot99

You're most welcome!

1. It's not an irrelevant question, but it's not easy to answer, it's personal choice -> safety & security come from using best practice -> never open emails from unknown senders -> always view source & never click links or open attachments - in emails from unknown senders
  2. Sometimes an email may arrive & the sender may look familiar - for example it may look like it's been sent by a family member - but - the spelling in the Subject line may appear strange, making you suspicious, that's when you must always be careful, it may be a fake email, always check the source, before opening the email.  

Thank you🙏
Flood🐳+🐋

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added 2