Kaspersky Breaking Google Chrome Help!

ItsAslan
Go to solution Solved by Berny,

When entering a website into the search bar in Google, it always outputs the error: "This site can’t be reached - The connection was reset" with the error code "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET." This problem started earlier today, and I do not know how to fix it, for I have been looking for a solution for a while now. The problem seems to be because of Kaspersky, for when I disable all protection types, Google works again. I will attach the error screen below.

I've seen this problem on other threads; However, the solutions on these other threads do not work for me. Are there any fixes to this problem? Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-07-08 232537.png

• Solution

@ItsAslan

Please try this procedure from @Igor Kurzin

1. Disable Self-Defense via Settings -> General
2. Exit Kaspersky product
3. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)
4. Run Kaspersky product
5. Enable Self-Defense
6. Check the issue.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Berny said:

Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete all the contents (files and folders)

I don't seem to be able to delete the contents inside "Report", for it says they are open in another program. In addition, I cannot close Kaspersky in the task manager. How do I close Kaspersky correctly?

• 3 weeks later...