Kaspersky blocks uploads Google Drive (only Firefox) [Closed]

KlaasV

This week I couldn’t upload big files on Google Drive with Firefox.  With Chrome all went well.

Even after deleting the cache and disabling all extensions, it didn’t work.

Though I didn’t think Kasperky would be the cause, I disabled Kaspersky and the upload succeeded!

I found out that I had to disable Network -> Scan secured traffic Firefox and Thunderbird.

So, my problem has been solved, but I mention it in case other members encounter the same problem.

Hello   @KlaasV,

Welcome!

I’d like to test.

1. Operating system name? version? build?
  2. KIS version? & patch?
  3. FF, name? version?
  4. FF, is Kaspersky Protection installed? If “yes”, version?
  5. When the upload failed, were there any errors in the browser or KIS? If “yes”, please detail the errors?
  6. Re: “Scan secured traffic Firefox and Thunderbird”, did you de-select Scan secure traffic in Mozilla applications

Please post back?

Thank you🙏

1. Windows 10 – 32 bits, Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763

2. Kaspersky KIS 20.0.14.1085 (e)

3. Firefox 70.0.1 (32 bits)

4. Firefox Kaspersky Protection installed, version 30.0.3762.27d-20190319165301.

5. No error messages in KIS.

6. Yes, I de-selected “Scan secure traffic in Mozilla applications”. With success. 

• 4 weeks later...

Previous week I installed an update of Windows 10 (version 1909, release 18363).

Today I checked if the bug still existed.

So I selected “Scan secured traffic Firefox and Thunderbird”, Scan secure traffic in Mozilla applications

The upload went fine, this time!
I don't know if this happened by a bug correction of Kaspersky, Google Drive, Firefox or Windows 10…