Kaspersky blocking Steam and MS Store Apps

Jojo Mojo

On 9/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, Jojo Mojo said:

Whenever Kaspersky is running, I cannot access MS Store Apps (xbox game pass, telegram, canva etc.) and Steam Downloads. 

MS Store comes up with a code: 0x80131500 saying I cannot connect.

The moment I disable protection on Kaspersky, EVERYTHING starts functioning usually as it was a few weeks ago.

Can someone help me with a permanent solution to this where I can enjoy protection as well as the other software on my PC without hindrance please?

Thanks!

The same thing happens to me

Edited by sanjo888

6 hours ago, sanjo888 said:

The same thing happens to me

Hello @sanjo888

Welcome!

1. Please log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the KIS Report & a detailed history; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 
  2. Please post back the INC reference #? 
  • & Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

2 hours ago, Jojo Mojo said:

How does one access this INC on the website instead of waiting for an email?

Hello @Jojo Mojo

Thank you for posting back!

Kaspersky stopped incident management via the MyKaspersky portal a long time ago; you must patiently wait for support to respond to the email you've sent. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Jojo Mojo

since a few days, i've the same issue as you and nothing seems to work but to disable KIS, which of course is NOT something we're gonna do.

very unfortunate how little response this gets... i've at least identified 3 other posts about the same issue, so i'm pretty confident this is not just a local issue.

hope they fix it fast, because either my apps should go, or the antivirus solution, this can't keep on going.

some courage for us and happy holidays!

grtz,

Serge

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 18:28, Flood and Flood's wife disse:

Hello @Jojo Mojo,

Welcome back!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

?IF that does not work, you must log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the KIS Report & a detailed history; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Thank you so much @Igor Kurzin and @Flood and Flood's wife. I just create an account just to say thank you... some apps has been stopped to work when KIS was running... now it's working with your instructions.. Greetings from Brazil

Edited by FelipeLima95
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FelipeLima95 said:

Thank you so much. I just create an account just to say thank you... some apps have been stopped to work when KIS was running... now it's working with your instructions

Hello @FelipeLima95

You're most welcome?!

Thank you so much for taking the time to let the Community know the solution from @Igor Kurzin has resolved the issue, we're delighted to read this happy news?‍♂️

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just updating you before I stop replying to this.

Kaspersky support did try and help me out, though at long intervals. I felt the support was turning into a wild goose chase with me submitting quite some information about my work environment and then ultimately it would go into offering remote support to my machine.

I don't have time for all that.

Thank you @Flood and Flood's wife and @Igor Kurzin for all your help!

Edited by Jojo Mojo

• 1 month later...

Glad I've found this thread after a couple days dealing with this issue. 

I had ruled out KSI because the problem whas still happening if I just disabled the protection. So I went deep in trying to fix something with MS Store and its related apps. After trying several methods I endep up repairing my windows install. 

Did that yesterday but the problem was still ocurring. In a last resort I tried something that I most definetly should've done earlier - to just close KSI and see what happens. For my surprise, everything MS related were working again flawlessly. 

I'll try the solution posted here later today. I'll let you know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/19/2022 at 12:00 AM, Igor Kurzin said:

Hi @MorSe Dude

Please try this workaround: 

Will it help?

I discovered over the weekend that my Windows Phone Link app was no longer communicating with my cell since Friday. Without resolution I ended up trying to re-setup the Phone Link. No matter what I tried the QR code link would not come up. To further exacerbate the issue - I am running Windows 11 in the Insiders Beta program - so stability is not guaranteed. A red herring was that my phone would connect to my PC bluetooth but then disconnect. Rentify too was causing grief with the home page not updating and inability to connect to my wireless Sonos speaker (yet the PC Sonos app worked fine). Then on late Sunday that I couldn't get into the challenges for Microsoft Sukoku - said internet was down - yet otherwise all was functioning. I tried Microsoft Solitaire (which has been a problem on my phone logging into MSFT) and it worked fine. (Regulator!! Damn what's next?)

I ended up uninstalling a few recent Windows updates to no avail. A google got me to a MSFT support page which suggested disabling the automatic detect settings and resetting the network settings. I even ended up reinstalling the WIFI/BT drivers still no go. Yet the internet overall was working fine except for these few things.

I then today logged out of Rentify and when I logged back in, it complained about the proxy and suggested that or a firewall issue. That got me back to enabling automatic detection but then triggered in my brain that the issue COULD be KIS. I first was able to log into Rentify - and the home page/wireless speaker was working - nothing to do with KIS perhaps - but a re-establishment of creds appeared to work.

I disabled KIS and now the phone link app brought up the QR code and Sudoku worked. That then lead me to this page and I followed the instructions. Thus far all is working.

My BT connection in wireless popup (far left) - still shows not connected - now we are back to a probably W11 issue. Funny too I had even rebooted the router - and even the phone yet never thought about the issue being KIS. I supposed because except for oddities nothing pointed me to KIS. In fact, known the occasional issues with logging into my MSFT account with apps - I thought there was potentially a mass outage at MSFT.

I noticed in the reports there appeared to be some DB files - so it is more than just a bunch of TXT files - thinking some form of corruption.

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Just signed in to say after uninstalling Kaspersky everything started working again for me.

I was having issues with Microsoft Store, Xbox app and Phone Link.

After uninstalling Kaspersky everything started working again.

I only had 27 days left on my Kaspersky subscription and was intending to renew, but after this experience I won't be renewing my Kaspersky protection.

A week ago I would've recommended Kaspersky to anyone who asked but after this and reading this thread and what OP had to go through, there's not a chance I'd recommend Kaspersky.

Do better.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Last month I started having the same issues. Many programs unable to connect to the internet, including but not limited to Steam, Epic Games, Nvidia. IT EVEN BLOCKED WINDOWS UPDATES!

Other things like my web browser and Spotify kept working fine, it was really strange.

After wasting many hours troubleshooting, I finally decided to disable Kaspersky's protection as a last resort option and lo and behold, everything started working again.

If this doesn't get resolved soon, I'm going to switch to a different antivirus software.

I've been a Kaspersky user for many, many years (probably close to 10) and never had ANY issues until recently. It's a real shame.

• 4 months later...

To get Kaspersky Anti-Virus AND Microsoft Store working, it's easy, do the following (see pictures!):

1. Find .EXE for Windows Store (search for "WinStore.App.exe" in "Program Files"). Open a CMD prompt (as administrator) and search for it. Once you've found the folder and file, remember where it is. We need add this .EXE into Kaspersky.

1_cmd_prompt.thumb.jpg.c2b87ccd8fc0dcf5947ae3874e076cd1.jpg

Open Kaspersky, Settings (bottom left of picture):

2_kaspersky.thumb.jpg.978b67675fd757d60ad6f76e8993655e.jpg

Go to Threats and Exclusions:

3_threats.thumb.jpg.f71ccf5cb521cd68dfaf6ba22a030c60.jpg

Add Windows Store (the .EXE from step 1) to Kaspersky.

4_addthreat.thumb.jpg.2cf4bc86815e9c212686c595fe2a1b3d.jpg

ENABLE ALL the components BUT NOT "Web Anti-Virus".

5_disable_web.thumb.jpg.03750de61bc7b736afabc7723a69cc07.jpg

Once web traffic for Microsoft Store isn't monitored, everything works:

all_working.thumb.jpg.aba7b85814b9a57488bc77d09d37d8f1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem with MS store and any ms store app that relies on internet connectivity.

Thankfully the reports deletion solution worked for me as well.

This is definitely a not as expected behavior and kaspersky should look into it.