Kaspersky blocking Steam and MS Store Apps

Jojo Mojo

Whenever Kaspersky is running, I cannot access MS Store Apps (xbox game pass, telegram, canva etc.) and Steam Downloads. 

MS Store comes up with a code: 0x80131500 saying I cannot connect.

The moment I disable protection on Kaspersky, EVERYTHING starts functioning usually as it was a few weeks ago.

Can someone help me with a permanent solution to this where I can enjoy protection as well as the other software on my PC without hindrance please?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jojo Mojo said:

Whenever Kaspersky is running, I cannot access MS Store Apps (xbox game pass, telegram, canva etc.) and Steam Downloads. MS Store comes up with a code: 0x80131500 / cannot connect. The moment I disable protection on Kaspersky, EVERYTHING starts functioning usually as it was a few weeks ago.

Hello @Jojo Mojo

Welcome!

1. Which Windows OS version & build?
  2. Have all Windows updates & patches been applied successfully? 
  3. Has the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter been run? 
  4. Which KIS version & patch(x), x=letter, is installed, on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About
  5. In the KIS Reports, are there any errors/events that match up with the dates & times that '0x80131500/cannot connect' happens? 
  6. Has an uninstall of KIS, saving License information *only*  & a clean install been done? 

Please let us know?

Thank you?
Flood? +?

Resources:

Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

Which Windows OS version & build?

Windows 10 Pro 21H2 OSBuid: 19044.1949

Have all Windows updates & patches been applied successfully? 

Yes.

Has the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter been run? 

Yes, including wsreset.exe and everything else. But the problem was with Kaspersky not with troubleshooting windows as can be clearly seen in the screenshots.

Which KIS version & patch(x), x=letter, is installed, on the Windows taskbar, or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select About

21.3.10.39.1 (j)

In the KIS Reports, are there any errors/events that match up with the dates & times that '0x80131500/cannot connect' happens? 

What is KIS Reports? How do I access this?

Has an uninstall of KIS, saving License information *only*  & a clean install been done? 

No, is it necessary?

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jojo Mojo said:
  1. Has an uninstall of KIS, saving License information *only*  & a clean install been done? 
  • No, is it necessary?
  • What is KIS Reports? How do I access this?

Hello @Jojo Mojo

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back. 

1. You've determined the issue is KIS, explain why it's unnecessary to uninstall/clean install KIS? 
  2. In the last image you posted above, with the grey KIS icon & red arrows, what are you trying to tell us
  3. KIS Reports: open KIS, select More Tools, select Reports, review the available Reports - any relevant information, SAVE the report - top right hand corner - upload the saved file to any cloud service of your choice & post the share link? 

Thank you?
Flood? +?

You've determined the issue is KIS, explain why it's unnecessary to uninstall/clean install KIS? 

Are you suggesting I uninstall KIS and install it again? To me it appears like a restriction on firewall or application. I didn't think installing / uninstalling would be necessary. Please clarify.

In the last image you posted above, with the grey KIS icon & red arrows, what are you trying to tell us

That MS Store works fine with KIS protection disabled.

KIS Reports: open KIS, select More Tools, select Reports, review the available Reports - any relevant information, SAVE the report - top right hand corner - upload the saved file to any cloud service of your choice & post the share link?

Attached the file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TaRQMm1P0Y8Pu3aYDiMVIlBVGr_wv3an/view?usp=sharing

It appears from the file that KIS is adding applications to trusted / restricted groups. But I am not sure if that alone is the problem here, though it seems like it.

Can you guide me on what to do next?

• Thanks 1

You've determined the issue is KIS, explain why it's unnecessary to uninstall/clean install KIS? 

Are you suggesting I uninstall KIS and install it again? To me it appears like a restriction on firewall or application. I didn't think installing / uninstalling would be necessary. Please clarify.

In the last image you posted above, with the grey KIS icon & red arrows, what are you trying to tell us

That MS Store works fine with KIS protection disabled.

KIS Reports: open KIS, select More Tools, select Reports, review the available Reports - any relevant information, SAVE the report - top right hand corner - upload the saved file to any cloud service of your choice & post the share link?

Attached the file here: drive-dot-google-dot-com/file/d/1TaRQMm1P0Y8Pu3aYDiMVIlBVGr_wv3an/view?usp=sharing

It appears from the file that KIS is adding applications to trusted / restricted groups. But I am not sure if that alone is the problem here, though it seems like it.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jojo Mojo said:

Hello @Jojo Mojo

Thank you for the information. 

1. Uninstall KIS, *saving your activation code only*  & a clean install KIS
  2. OR, log a case with Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the KIS Report & a detailed history
  • Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?

Flood?+?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @Jojo Mojo

Thank you for the information. 

1. Uninstall KIS, *saving your activation code only*  & a clean install KIS
  2. OR, log a case with Kaspersky Support; on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the KIS Report & a detailed history

Thank you?

Flood?+?

Ok, Uninstall KIS, *saving your activation code only*  & a clean install KISSeems to work for the time being. Everything is working as it should. I'll test it out for 7 days. If you don't hear back from me again, then everything is still working fantastically ?

Thanks again  Flood?+?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jojo Mojo said:

Ok, Uninstall KIS, *saving your activation code only*  & a clean install KISSeems to work for the time being. Everything is working as it should. I'll test it out for 7 days. If you don't hear back from me again, then everything is still working fantastically ?

Good to hear @Jojo Mojo, well done?

Thank you for taking the time to let us know!

Flood? +?

• 1 month later...

Once again the EXACT SAME problem has come around. This time Kaspersky was blocking Xbox Games and blocked my Flight Simulator from updating and even starting up. This went on for many days until once again I remembered this solution offered on this forum and tried disabling protection.

Everything started working normally.

I need a permanent solution to this. Please can someone help instead of reinstalling it everytime the software goes crazy?

I am very frustrated with this and I am regretting buying a 3 PC license of Kaspersky just last month. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jojo Mojo said:

Once again the EXACT SAME problem has come around. This time Kaspersky was blocking Xbox Games and blocked my Flight Simulator from updating and even starting up. This went on for many days until once again I remembered this solution offered on this forum and tried disabling protection. Everything started working normally

Hello @Jojo Mojo,

Welcome back!

Please try this solution from @Igor Kurzin

1. Make sure Windows Hidden files, is checked/ticked, refer: View hidden files and folders in Windows?
  2. Open Kaspersky app, select Settings, select Generaluncheck Enable Self-Defense, select Save, select Yes - to confirm the action.
  3. Exit Kaspersky app - on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, rightclick the Kaspersky icon, select Exit.
  4. Go to folder C:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\AVP21.3\Report\ and delete the contents = all files and folders.
  5. Start Kaspersky app.
  6. Enable Self-Defense.
  7. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login.
  8. Re-check the issue?

?IF that does not work, you must log a case with Kaspersky supporton the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error, the KIS Report & a detailed history; Support may request logs, traces & other data, they will guide you. 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• Like 1

Thank you Flood?+?.

This did not work. ? To be honest, right at the beginning of this thread, I had opened a support ticket where the representative didn't even read my problem properly and that is what made me write on the forums. ?

I truly appreciate your help with is much more than the support ticket. ?

Truly sad that your given solution didn't work. Let me see how the support people respond to this.

Edited by Jojo Mojo
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jojo Mojo said:
  1. This did not work. ? Let me see how the support people respond to this.

Hello @Jojo Mojo

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back & the information!

That's unfortunate the solution did not work. 

When Xbox, Flight sim etc are being blocked - is KIS sending any actual alerts to the screen or is it still the original errors you reported at the beginning of the topic "cannot access MS Store Apps (xbox game pass, telegram, canva etc.) and Steam Downloads. MS Store comes up with a code: 0x80131500 saying I cannot connect" - with KIS then assigning the app to Low Restricted, Trust group cannot be defined

We reached out to Microsoft technical support, they've shared this advice, please do the following:

1. Create a System restore point
  2. In Windows Search, type Internet Options
  3. Open Internet Options app
  4. Select the Advanced tab
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the list to: Use SSL 3.0
  6. Uncheck SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 & TLS 1.1
  7. Check TLS 1.2 & TLS 1.3
  8. Select Apply 
  9. Select OK  -> see image
    Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d5dac7db47601012fd1400198a141f91.png

10. Shutdown the computer, using Shutdown, not Restart, power on by pressing the power button, login, recheck the issue? 
  • Additionally, when you speak with the Kaspersky Team, ask them why KIS is assessing known MS store apps with Low Restricted/Trust group cannot be defined - they may tell you to change to Trusted, which will certainly fix the issue, but the fix may not be permanent?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
  • Like 1

Thank you Flood?+?

Most definitely, I will get back. I have asked the Kaspersky crew to look into this thread. I am a little scared trying to try out MS technical support (blame it on years of their incompetency in reading / understanding problems and giving canned responses), but maybe I will give it a shot.

Also the theory / question about "why KIS is assessing known MS store apps with Low Restricted/Trust group cannot be defined - they may tell you to change to Trusted, ", seems to be something I want to try out, because I don't use MS store apps much.

Get back soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jojo Mojo said:

Steam Games are not launching also because of the same issue. INC000014659183 has been opened 7 days ago. Nobody has responded yet. Please advise.

Hello @Jojo Mojo

Thank you for the update, so sorry for the delay?!

7 days & nothing, that's very unusual?

1. So, after receiving the automated email, with INC000014659183 reference number, no Kaspersky human has been in touch, is that correct? 
  2. Please send them an email, ask for an update? 
  3. Also, even tho you don't wish to implement the MS solution, can you please check & see which TLS is actually set please? 

Please post back?

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Hi @Jojo Mojo

INC000014659183 was submitted on 31st of October, on the 1st of November there was a request for more information from the support team representative and then the incident was pending in state "Waiting for customer reply" until 7th of November when you asked for status and this got the incident active. Please provide the requested information in INC000014659183 so that the support team can continue assisting you with the issue. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...