kaspersky blocking keyboard

Hello im using kaspersky endpoint security , I habe just upgraded my application and deployed to pc s but now the pc s are unusable due to kaspersky has blocked the keyboard and I cant press control alt delete.

Can anyone help me please

Hello Elma,

Go to your KES policy in your security center. Select Essential Protection, then select BadUSB attack prevention. Uncheck this component and save it. Check now if keyboards are working again.

I have tried but not working :(

@Elma , could you please clarify from wgat version you`ve upgrded? what version is installed now?

Is it true, that BadUSB option was enablethe d previously?

Thank you!

I'm not sure if badusb was active formerly but I'm sure it is not active now. I have upgraded from Kaspersky 10 to 11 but I'm not sure of the exact version, I can check and inform you on monday

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have the same issue since I’ve updated from KES 10 to 11.2.0.2254

But now I can’t get the Keyboards working again on the affected clients.

Is there a solution for this?

EDIT: I deactivated the according policy in KSC

Deleting the word “klkbdctl” in the UpperFilters key in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Delete ONLY “klkbdctl” inside the key, else it won’t work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hallo There,

I went crazy over the same problem. I got half of the user in our company blocked  with the Keyboard, and/or any USB device connected to it, like Pistol/Scan QR reader, When we moved from the version 10 to 11.2.

At first it happened only on Dell Computers, independently if WIN 10 was up-to-date of the latest version (2004). But then it happened also on some other computers.

In some cases it was enough to update to the latest Win10 update. In others I had to reinstall Win10, I even uninstalled Kaspersky but did not work.

In order to solve the issue, at least it worked for us, we had to uninstall Kaspersky with the Remover Tool, that you find in this link: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/uninstall/1464.

Then reinstall Agent and then Endpoint Security for Windows.
Then reboot 2 times.
THEN IT WORKED.

Hope it helps, but KASPERSKY TEAM should look into this problem. 

Why has it happened????

• Thanks 1

Install without the module “BadUSB Attack Prevention”

Regards
Alex​​​​​​​

Hallo Alexcad,

we already installed with setup as you mention, but it is not working.

So far, the only thing that works, in order to remove the keyboard problen, is by uninstalling the software and reinstalling it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

We also have this error we are going from 11.0.1.90 to 11.4.0.233

We get random devices blocked on devices the only fix is to remove the AV and reinstall fresh. 

Please advise the fix for this, I have over 2k devices all over the country to upgrade and no direct access to them as the NIC is one of the things that gets disabled.

• 1 month later...

Same issue for us, all the computers we move to Kaspersky v 11.2.0.2254 get keyboard issue.

We need to fix registry key as explained by bhb user :

Deleting the word “klkbdctl” in the UpperFilters key in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Delete ONLY “klkbdctl” inside the key, else it won’t work

• 1 year later...

Deleting the word “klkbdctl” in the UpperFilters key in:

Delete ONLY “klkbdctl” inside the key, else it won’t work

You saved my life! rolled out 11.8.0.384 and involuntarily DOS’ed 20% of my users after reboot! Yiykes Kaspersky! you almost had me fired today

• 4 months later...

I have the same case, after installing Kaspersky then my PC restarts and after restarting, the keyboard and mouse can't be used.  I hope someone has a solution for this problem.  and one more thing I can't do anything on windows because the keyboard and mouse don't work

On 7/12/2022 at 3:38 AM, Tole said:

I have the same case, after installing Kaspersky then my PC restarts and after restarting, the keyboard and mouse can't be used.  I hope someone has a solution for this problem.  and one more thing I can't do anything on windows because the keyboard and mouse don't work

Just wanted to add that I have this same problem now.

I uninstalled Avast, installed Kaspersky, used my PC for a couple hours, restarted and now mouse has a "driver error" and keyboard has a "driver error" that windows troubleshoot cannot resolve.

23 hours ago, MrBrandt said:

Just wanted to add that I have this same problem now.

I uninstalled Avast, installed Kaspersky, used my PC for a couple hours, restarted and now mouse has a "driver error" and keyboard has a "driver error" that windows troubleshoot cannot resolve.

Disable the Bad USB item in your Kaspersky Security Center policy.

Also disable the installation of the component in the next installations.

disable BadUSB.jpg

disable BadUSB2.jpg

On 7/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Vinnie said:

Hallo There,

I went crazy over the same problem. I got half of the user in our company blocked  with the Keyboard, and/or any USB device connected to it, like Pistol/Scan QR reader, When we moved from the version 10 to 11.2.

At first it happened only on Dell Computers, independently if WIN 10 was up-to-date of the latest version (2004). But then it happened also on some other computers.

In some cases it was enough to update to the latest Win10 update. In others I had to reinstall Win10, I even uninstalled Kaspersky but did not work.

In order to solve the issue, at least it worked for us, we had to uninstall Kaspersky with the Remover Tool, that you find in this link: https://support.kaspersky.com/us/common/uninstall/1464.

Then reinstall Agent and then Endpoint Security for Windows.
Then reboot 2 times.
THEN IT WORKED.

Hope it helps, but KASPERSKY TEAM should look into this problem. 

Why has it happened????

Thanks a lot. Your solution worked and now i can finally type back with my keyboard and use mouse again