Kaspersky Blocking Calibre Metadata Download.

I have recently been unable to download metadata using the Calibre Portable program. 

Attempts to download result in an error from the metadata search site with the remote host forcibly closing the connection.

If I install a previous version of the Calibre Portable program and pause Kaspersky protection then the metadata download is successful. When I resume protection the metadata download fails.

Somehow this is failure is persistent.

a. If I pause Kaspersky again and attempt the metadata download the metadata down load fails.

b. If I delete the Calibre Portable program and reinstall then I still cannot download the metadata with Kaspersky enabled or disabled.

Can you please assist....

Thanks

The error message is:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 1.08599996567
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.121 Safari/537.36
Server: auto
Making google query: https://www.google.com/search?q=November+9+Colleen+Hoover+site%3Awww.amazon.com
Plugin Amazon.com failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify.py", line 47, in run
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py", line 1429, in identify
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py", line 1361, in search_search_engine
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\search_engines.py", line 234, in google_search
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\search_engines.py", line 68, in query
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 238, in open_novisit
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 283, in _mech_open
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_opener.py", line 193, in open
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 375, in _open
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 363, in _call_chain
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\browser.py", line 29, in https_open
  File "site-packages\mechanize\_urllib2_fork.py", line 1182, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host>

• 2 months later...

Kaspersky may be blocking the worker process folders used by the installed version of Calibre.
Competent PC users (think before they click  ) will be just fine using Defender. Most of the Phishes coming my way by email have something wrong. (eg my bank used the wrong mail account)

Regards,
J Wick