Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium when for other countries?

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

3 horas atrás, tigr_82 disse:

Hi all, is the new version of Kaspersky 21.9 out?  I cannot see the links to it. It is still pointing to 21.8

I don't know how to tell, I'm just like you wanting to know if it was released, I'm here waiting for a response from a moderator saying if it was released for BRAZIL too? ?

OK, not sure I should be ADDING to this already crowded thread, but my topic is similar, but not as frustrated.

I'm currently trying to upgrade from Kaspersky Internet Security (on both PC & Android).... to Kaspersky Premium on both devices.

On PC, worked fine. 

On Android, a lot more hassle (Kaspersky have a wierd way of doing things with license management, sometimes too complicated).  Android refuses to install Premium.  It has K Standard installed & connected to the Premium license, however the app listed under the Premium license & device shows the "standard" license expiring soon (which it is).  The Kasp Password Manager HAS managed to upgrade licenses on the phone.

Something which was mentioned once along my upgrade path/attempts was that Russians are NOT allowed to use Kaspersky software.  Prob mentioned bc I actually use a Russian email address (yandex.com).... which *may* cause problems here.  However my phone/mobile is definitely "local" (Austria).  Actually needed to confirm sms sent code couple times.

Is this wierdity with K Premium on Android just semantics?  Ie will Android pick up on Premium license expiry since Android Standard seems connected to my Premium license?.... Or am I gonna have wierd incompatibilities??

Do I need to open a support ticket??

Thanks... (Flood & wife) !

Unable to Upgrade Kaspersky Android.jpg

3 hours ago, rhubear said:

OK, not sure I should be ADDING to this already crowded thread, but my topic is similar, but not as frustrated.

I'm currently trying to upgrade from Kaspersky Internet Security (on both PC & Android).... to Kaspersky Premium on both devices.

On PC, worked fine. 

On Android, a lot more hassle (Kaspersky have a wierd way of doing things with license management, sometimes too complicated).  Android refuses to install Premium.  It has K Standard installed & connected to the Premium license, however the app listed under the Premium license & device shows the "standard" license expiring soon (which it is).  The Kasp Password Manager HAS managed to upgrade licenses on the phone.

Something which was mentioned once along my upgrade path/attempts was that Russians are NOT allowed to use Kaspersky software.  Prob mentioned bc I actually use a Russian email address (yandex.com).... which *may* cause problems here.  However, my phone/mobile is definitely "local" (Austria).  Actually, needed to confirm sms sent code couple times.

Is this wierdity with K Premium on Android just semantics?  Ie will Android pick up on Premium license expiry since Android Standard seems connected to my Premium license?.... Or am I gonna have weird incompatibilities??

1. Do I need to open a support ticket??

Hello @rhubear

Welcome back!

On an actual Android device, under (your) Kaspersky Premium License, the software installed is Kaspersky Standard, users who had a Kaspersky Total Security *license*, the actual software installed was Kaspersky Internet Security. 

The conversion *should* take place in 36 days, at that point you *should* see Kaspersky Standard for 367 or approximately that many days. 

1. IF that does not happen after the 36 days have passed - then you need to contact support OR - just thinking about the 30-day-money-back guarantee, it will have expired if you wait 36 days, so contact them now.
  2. ?What is the Ignored Notification??
  3. Re "Russians are NOT allowed to use Kaspersky software.", we think that may be referring to their VPN, it's certainly not true of their AV suite of software. 

Please keep the Community posted of the outcome? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
modified 1.

• 3 weeks later...
5 horas atrás, neXus2016 disse:

Wow, approx. 8 months from initial release? What's with the hold up? Translation?

I think this is a very big delay, for anyone who wants to use the newest antivirus technologies on their computer.

With that, the Kaspersky team never gives a concrete and real answer, the answer always makes no sense or logic. ?

Когда новые линейки Касперского, типа Standard выйдут для России? Хотя в других странах они уже давно есть.

When will the new Kaspersky lines, such as Standard, be released for Russia? Although in other countries they have been around for a long time.

Edited by AlekseyFK

2 hours ago, AlekseyFK said:

Когда новые линейки Касперского, типа Standard выйдут для России? Хотя в других странах они уже давно есть.

When will the new Kaspersky lines, such as Standard, be released for Russia? Although in other countries they have been around for a long time.

Hi,

I see that the pinned topic has been updated in regards to Anti-Virus & Basic:

It used to say:

Anti-Virus = Basic

Now, it changed to:
Anti-Virus = Standard

Which means the outcome for KAV & KIS licenses are the same, as they both can be upgraded to Standard. Why did you guys change that? Is it just temporary until Basic is released in all the countries, or did you just decide to cancel Basic all together?

It upsets me to see these changes because the cost of KAV/KIS/KTS are not equal, so making 2 different tiers upgradable to the same new version is unfair to the users who paid more.

Any official info is appreciated.

Edited by BlackEdition
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, BlackEdition said:

Hi,

I see that the pinned topic has been updated in regards to Anti-Virus & Basic:

It used to say:

Anti-Virus = Basic

Now, it changed to:
Anti-Virus = Standard

Which means the outcome for KAV & KIS licenses are the same, as they both can be upgraded to Standard. Why did you guys change that? Is it just temporary until Basic is released in all the countries, or did you just decide to cancel Basic all together?

It upsets me to see these changes because the cost of KAV/KIS/KTS are not equal, so making 2 different tiers upgradable to the same new version is unfair to the users who paid more.

Any official info is appreciated.

The whole migration from the old to the new apps has been a disaster so far.

- KTS was abandoned at first and it wasn't in their "plans" to make it upgradable to the new apps.

- The new Basic hasn't been released with the other newer apps at the same time.

- Now we are seeing that Basic is getting abandoned because they changed the post and now it is saying KAV will upgrade to Standard instead of Basic, which complicates things even further and it also makes KIS owners pay more money for the upgrade.

How hard is it to accomplish things the right way? Why can't you guys just make it as simple as the following???
KAV = Basic

KIS = Standard

KTS = Plus

+ Release all the new apps together at the same time?

The migration shouldn't take close to 2 years. You could've completed all of this within 1 month. All work and planning should've been done beforehand. You don't suddenly start migrating before getting everything planned and ready to go. This is what happens without planning things right, you get to change a lot of things on the go and it takes you 2 years to finish it.

Edited by BlackEdition
  • Like 1

I have been using Kaspersky products for more than 5 years and now I personally notice my opinion that Kaspersky is getting worse and worse in terms of:
1. Updates of new versions of programs for Russia come late.
2. More emphasis on new features for "hostesses" that only wash their eyes. But this is subjective.
3. Previously, Kaspersky was the leader in all independent tests for many years now losing ground.
Very pity.
It's my personal opinion that I don't like in kaspersky lately we'll see what happens next. 
Maybe I'm wrong and just want something new and used to it as a family member. )
But about  independent tests it`s true.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:49 PM, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Hello @rhubear

Welcome back!

On an actual Android device, under (your) Kaspersky Premium License, the software installed is Kaspersky Standard, users who had a Kaspersky Total Security *license*, the actual software installed was Kaspersky Internet Security. 

The conversion *should* take place in 36 days, at that point you *should* see Kaspersky Standard for 367 or approximately that many days. 

1. IF that does not happen after the 36 days have passed - then you need to contact support OR - just thinking about the 30-day-money-back guarantee, it will have expired if you wait 36 days, so contact them now.
  2. ?What is the Ignored Notification??
  3. Re "Russians are NOT allowed to use Kaspersky software.", we think that may be referring to their VPN, it's certainly not true of their AV suite of software. 

Please keep the Community posted of the outcome? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Just reporting back.  Now have Password Manager & Security Premium installed on both Win10/PC & Droid.

I did get a reply from Kaspersky Support.

Basically told me to...

1.  Wait until Standard license for Security had expired.

2.  Uninstall Security on Droid.

3.  Reinstall Security on Droid using existing Premium license.

What happened was that Droid Security failed to see the Premium license.  It "picked up" the Standard License from Password Manager on Droid, even though KPM had already been upgraded to Premium.

So Droid Security was running the FREE version to start with, bc my Standard license had already run out.

What I did was sign into my.kaspersky.com...   From the Premium License, Android device (shown on my premium license), I "sent" the premium subscription to the Droid phone.

The Droid phone did NOT give me a visible acknowledgement of this upgrade, however when I looked at the licensing on Droid Security, Premium License, and the new expiry date WAS registered.

Bizarre experience, but it worked in the end....

• Like 1

Hoooly sh... I've checked webpage that Danila T. posted and Kaspersky now has Hard Disk cleaner and Performance optimization? Maybe I missed it first time, when I was checking for "new version".

First of all Kaspersky needs to stay Antivirus/Trojan/Adware/Rootkit...etc. protection system. And that's it.
I'm about 40 years in IT business and I know how every software works how it is designd and so on, I won't detail too much.

When you put on your system software that is auto-updatable, all of us are prone to a bug (bad code writing, which is published as an update), which can come sooner or later, that will "optimize and clean" our drives, even thou it is disabled from very begining and which will work somewhere in backround without any notification towards us (wow, really long sentence, pay attention to commas as you read). So, our files and system can be easily gone and messed up. And every software, every OS has bugs. No matter what new update brings, it can bring more bugs.

This is why I do not like to use any tool that will somehow magically refresh my Computer, by messing up with files and registry hive, by deleting whetever it likes. Duplicate files? Well, people duplicate their files for a lot of reasons. One is backup.

Kaspersky, please, just don't.

On 2/17/2023 at 10:35 AM, Danila T. said:

Hello,

Release in Serbia, as in some other countries, is expected in June 2023.

Hi. I would like to know about the release date of Kaspersky new products in Vietnam. As they told me in Kaspersky Support on Twitter, new products would be released on March 16th, 2023 but I don't see any changes on kaspersky.com.vn.

10 hours ago, Quantum Boy said:

I would like to know about the release date of Kaspersky new products in Vietnam. As they told me in Kaspersky Support on Twitter, new products would be released on March 16th, 2023 but I don't see any changes on kaspersky.com.vn.

Hello @Quantum Boy& welcome!

• Staggered rollout dates change, they're never set in concrete, Kaspersky support should have told you that!

Looking at https://www.kaspersky.com.vn/ - they're having a mega-sale on the old product line, (in our opinion a 10% discount is very poor - on other sites Kaspersky has been applying 50% discounts), until 19th April 2023; perhaps that's closer to the new planned date, we don't know; you could ask Kaspersky support again? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

• The topic was locked
On 2/24/2023 at 8:07 PM, AlekseyFK said:

Уже появились:

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/kaspersky-basic-standard-plus-premium-информация-22883/