Kaspersky Basic converting to Standard and forcing customers to buy a key

Go to solution Solved by Xzz123,

I am a reseller.  I am aware and have received confirmation from Kaspersky Support that Kaspersky Basic was discontinued.  Now I am receiving reports from many resellers that the following behavior is happening:

It looks like our customers that have valid Basic licenses through at least the end of the year are being automatically converted to Standard and then being told they need to purchase a Standard license! Obviously this is unacceptable and even reeks of fraud!

Can you please stop converting BASIC versions to STANDARD automatically since a BASIC license key will not activate a STANDARD product and then the customers complain since they are now forced to buy another license key for STANDARD.

I believe why this happened is because most of my reseller's customers were using a license key for Kaspersky Anti-Virus which does activate a Kaspersky Basic product and since Kaspersky Basic is now discontinued it is forcing people to convert to Kaspersky Standard.  

Maybe this behavior (converting to Standard) does not happen if the end-user actually had actually activated the Kaspersky Basic product with an actual Kaspersky Basic license key instead of a Kaspersky Anti-Virus license key?  

• Solution
12 hours ago, Quikfix said:

I believe why this happened is because most of my reseller's customers were using a license key for Kaspersky Anti-Virus which does activate a Kaspersky Basic product and since Kaspersky Basic is now discontinued it is forcing people to convert to Kaspersky Standard.  

Maybe this behavior (converting to Standard) does not happen if the end-user actually had actually activated the Kaspersky Basic product with an actual Kaspersky Basic license key instead of a Kaspersky Anti-Virus license key?  

IF KBasic is really no longer included in the product line, than

in some region, users are now activate KStandard instead of KBasic with KAV license. It looks like a special KStandard, which functionality is between the KBasic and KStandard. 

This is already happened in some region.