Kaspersky asks for Full Disk Access after upgrade to macOS 13 Ventura

Go to solution Solved by Danila T.,

11 часов назад, Goran Kukovačec сказал:

Исправьте это, УДАЛИТЕ АВ-КОМПОНЕНТЫ из полного доступа к диску, выбрав их и нажав «-» в нижней части окна, подождите, пока они снова не появятся в списке, а затем предоставьте доступ.

С уважением,

Горан

спасибо

8 hours ago, Danila T. said:

Hi all.

The problem in macOS 13 itself (when upgrading from the previous version).

To solve the problem, among other things, you can do the following:

1) Open the main window of KIS\KSC\Kaspersky; you will see the red notification.

2) Click the "Allow full disk access". "Privacy & Security" tab of the System preferences will be opened.

3) Right-click on "Kaspersky System Extension" > Show in Finder.

4) Drag the extension from the Finder window to System preferences window. Full Disk Access will be given.

or use this guide:

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/antivirus-broke-after-the-upgrade-to-macos-13-ventura-28823/?do=findComment&comment=118049

or use this guide:

1) Uninstall the product

2) Restart macOS (very important step)

3) Try to install the product once again.

If there is still no possibility to give full disk access:

4) Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access

5) Manually drag-n-drop system extension (navigate to Go > Go to folder and copy-paste the path below):

Kaspersky for Mac (new 2022 application):

/Applications/Kaspersky/Contents/MacOS/Kaspersky System Extension Daemon/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/

KIS for Mac:

/Applications/Kaspersky Internet Security/Contents/MacOS/Kaspersky System Extension Daemon/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/

KSC for Mac:

/Applications/Kaspersky Security Cloud/Contents/MacOS/Kaspersky System Extension Daemon/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/

6) Disable and enable application permissions once again

I tried all the steps above and none of them is solving the problem. There is one item I cannot remove by no means: Kaspersky System Extension. When I open it in Finder it takes me to: 

/Library/SystemExtensions/AE6335F5-83A4-43CF-8E68-4A1CA0F6EF32/com.kaspersky.kav.sysext.systemextension

That folder cannot be deleted. It remains even after uninstalling everything. I cannot remove it in Terminal neither.

Screenshot 2022-10-26 at 11.55.11.png

• The title was changed to Kaspersky asks for Full Disk Access after upgrade to macOS 13 Ventura
On 10/26/2022 at 4:02 AM, MaxS said:

Same exact issue. Moreover, after updating, all my internet connections went incredibly slow. After long trial and error, I fully solved by disabling the Kaspersky IDS content filter under "filters and proxies". No idea what exactly this is, but with this OFF internet got back to normal levels, while with that ON as it was by default any internet connection seems back to the 80's.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 22.02.09.png

Exactly same problem ... but are these two important features? or is it okay to disable it? 

I uninstalled Kaspersky completely, but the "Kaspersky System Extension" item still appears in Full Disk Access. I've tried clicking the "minus" symbol to remove it, but it appears back after a few seconds.

image.png.4e9398921746e0643a31836ee281d978.png

If I right click and go to "Show in Finder"

image.png.d6551970a255611e8d422481a3dc954e.png

It shows me this folder, and I cannot delete it:

image.thumb.png.e7976fc9d4753825b4747923ad9fcd92.png

BTW,  even after uninstalling I had to disable both Kaspersky Filters for my internet to stop slowing down. For those I was able to delete them by clicking the minus ("-"), but now I'm worried how can I reinstall the antivirus if I'm not sure all previous files / folders got deleted... hoping you can help me with that.

Also, by reinstalling and providing Full Disk Access, which I wasn't able to do before, would the slow internet issue stop?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.cdf9bb6a6a02114ebb4d04be0b55e961.png 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:23 PM, Danila T. said:

Hi all.

The problem in macOS 13 itself (when upgrading from the previous version).

To solve the problem, among other things, you can do the following:

1) Open the main window of KIS\KSC\Kaspersky\KSK; you will see the red notification.

2) Click the "Allow full disk access". "Privacy & Security" tab of the System preferences will be opened.

3) Right-click on "Kaspersky System Extension" > Show in Finder.

4) Drag the extension from the Finder window to System preferences window. Full Disk Access will be given.

or use this guide:

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/antivirus-broke-after-the-upgrade-to-macos-13-ventura-28823/?do=findComment&comment=118049

or use this guide:

1) Uninstall the product

2) Restart macOS (very important step)

3) Try to install the product once again.

If there is still no possibility to give full disk access:

4) Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access

5) Manually drag-n-drop system extension (navigate to Go > Go to folder and copy-paste the path below):

Kaspersky for Mac (new 2022 application):

/Applications/Kaspersky/Contents/MacOS/Kaspersky System Extension Daemon/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/

KIS for Mac:

/Applications/Kaspersky Internet Security/Contents/MacOS/Kaspersky System Extension Daemon/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/

KSC for Mac:

/Applications/Kaspersky Security Cloud/Contents/MacOS/Kaspersky System Extension Daemon/Contents/Library/SystemExtensions/

6) Disable and enable application permissions once again

I have followed these steps and still unable to install Kaspersky internet security. Screenshot attached of where I'm getting stuck at. 

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 8.23.33 PM.png

• Thanks 1

Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.

Disable your kaspersky there does the ticket. I deleted all kaspersky from the application part of my mac. I am so disappointed in apple for doing this. It was not just Kasper who was impacted by this. Malwarebytes was and while googling this I saw other antivirus companies with the same issue. I felt like I was on windows how slow my computer was going. To even read the thread in here I had to do it from my phone. 

28 minutes ago, Mike P said:

Followed these steps and still unable to install Kaspersky internet security. Getting stuck at: Essential Protection, System extension > Install

Remaining items cannot progress, without System extension Install completing: Full disk access > Allow || Network content filtering > Allow || Encrypted web traffic inspection > Allow

Hello @Mike P,

IF you're still unable to install KIS, please log a case with Kaspersky support, on the support page select either Chat or Email, then select Application malfunctionOther template; please include any screen images of any errors & a detailed history; Support may request traces & other data, they will guide you.

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife

On 10/25/2022 at 9:02 PM, MaxS said:

Same exact issue. Moreover, after updating, all my internet connections went incredibly slow. After long trial and error, I fully solved by disabling the Kaspersky IDS content filter under "filters and proxies". No idea what exactly this is, but with this OFF internet got back to normal levels, while with that ON as it was by default any internet connection seems back to the 80's.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 22.02.09.png

This solved all my issues. Thank you

Hello @m7sanchez, @arfanliaqat, @MaxS, @Goran Kukovačec, @Richard Koppenaal, @mdsamar, @Gustavo Arger, @Mike P, @Lud, @timurN, @Reynan, @BernieArteaga, @toolate, @Albert Other

Thank you?
Flood?+?

On 10/26/2022 at 5:39 AM, Goran Kukovačec said:

Fix this by REMOVING AV COMPONENTS from Full Disk Access by selecting them and clicking "-" at the bottom of the window, wait for them to reappear in the list, and then grant access.

Regards,

Goran

I had lost at least 2 hour this morning to solve it, Thank you! 

On 10/26/2022 at 8:39 AM, Goran Kukovačec said:

Fix this by REMOVING AV COMPONENTS from Full Disk Access by selecting them and clicking "-" at the bottom of the window, wait for them to reappear in the list, and then grant access.

Regards,

Goran

This worked for me, thanks Goran!

• 1 month later...
  • The topic was locked