Kaspersky appears to block downloads of .zip files from web browsers

Hello,

I started experiencing this issue several days ago when downloading new adobe software in .zip format and spent several hours with their support team. In the end we had to disable Kaspersky to download the file. Now I am continuing to experience errors when downloading .zip files using firefox and chrome. The error i receive states, "C:\path\filename.zip could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.". I tried pausing Kaspersky but still cannot download .zip files.

zip_fail.JPG

I tested further and found i cant download .zips from any of three browsers (firefox, chrome, edge) or from various web hosts (wetransfer, dropbox, google drive). I tried all of these on a different computer that doesn't use Kaspersky on the same network (wireless home network) and all options work on that device.

I am confirmed this behavior may not related to KL product. The "Download" folder have a special permission if you enabled windows defender anti-ransomware function.

Now you can do a test if this file could be saved to other place? such as d:\ or you desktop?

Regards.

Hi settings are the same as you've posted, I was referring to the screen shot in the original post.

I have had some successful downloads of .zip files, but it's not consistent. Does not matter where download location is set to as the error attached to original post comes up before even selecting where to save the file.

Have tested internet connectivity with no drops/timeouts etc. Will reboot modem and router and try some more.

Hello, @Garrett

First, I recommend you do a hard disk check whether it has some broken place.

chkdsk c: /f
chkdsk d: /f

If convince, please right-click the browsers icon and select "run as administrator", press OK, the browsers will open, then download a zip or pdf file into the folder where could encounter this issue. The file can be saved or not?

Please check %temp% folder folder permission. The browsers need read and write permissions to this folder, otherwise your problem may occur.

Regards.

• Like 1