Kaspersky Antivirus command line installation does not work [Closed]

Go to solution Solved by 1Vita,

Hi, i’m trying to silently install any free-trial Kaspersky Home Product (Antivirus, Internet Security or Total security) using command line on Windows 10 (1909 version).

Source: https://support.kaspersky.com/14982#block2

I’ve downloaded my setup (kis20.exe) from this source . Territory: The European Union.

I’m running command line as administrator, using the following command:

kis20.exe /s /mybirthdate=1990‑01‑10 /pAGREETOEULA=1 /pAGREETOPRIVACYPOLICY=1 /pJOINKSN_ENHANCE_PROTECTION=1 /pJOINKSN_MARKETING=1 /pSELFPROTECTION=1

The thing is that once I run this command, nothing happens, setup does not start.

I need some help, please.

Hi @FLOOD, thank you for your fast response!

Before trying this method, i have successfully installed Kaspersky Internet Security with no problem. Anyway, Kaspersky setup (kis20.exe) is supposed to check incompatible software automatically.

My cursor starts loading but nothing else happens.

Hello @1Vita

You’re very welcome!

Thank you for the information & the image👌 .

• Regarding “Kaspersky setup (kis20.exe) is supposed to check for incompatible software automatically”, correct, however, if the silent install process is not working, then the recommended check is the first thing that should be manually executed. 
  1. What are the birthday date separators?
  2. Please upload install Logs?
  3. Please run a GSI & Windows Logs & post back? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@1Vita

1. If you previously, successfully installed KIS, what is the purpose of this silent install? 
  2. On the C drive, what Kaspersky objects/files/folders currently exist? 

From the data:

Kaspersky Internet Security - la actualización "KIS 2020 MP0 family patch H" no se pudo instalar. Código de error 1603. Se dispone de información adicional en el archivo de registro C:\Users\Vita\AppData\Local\Temp\MSIa2f70.LOG (multiple entries)

Kaspersky Internet Security -- Para instalar esta aplicación, ejecute startup.exe

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD,

1. I am developing a simple C# application for people like my friends, who does not know to manipulate a computer in any way. So that my app would automatically install essential softwares like Kaspersky Antivirus.
  2. Common folders, like kaspersky lab inside programfilesx86 and programdata, and Kaspersky Lab Setup Files inside programdata.

From the data:

What is “KIS 2020 MP0 family patch H”? It seems to be the problem.

@1Vita 

• In the cmd, the birthday date separators, do not look like hyphens   🤔
  • 1 Cleanup the system so there’s no Kaspersky objects, files, folders, apart from the kis20.exe
  • 2 & cleanup:

C:\Windows\Temp\

C:\Users\Vita\AppData\Local\Temp\

• 3 Run Kavremover - show an image of what the tool detects, do not process the tool to completion. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD,

All Kaspersky and Temp folders cleared. Still not working.

I forgot to mention that I tried all of this running a clean Windows 10 64 Bits Virtual Machine. So it has nothing to do with system files, in my opinion.

KavRemover.exe only displays one option (Home Products). I could not print screen, sorry.

Thank you for your patiente, flood.

Hello @1Vita

Other folks who’ve had silent install problems have been advised it’s due to not using full installation package. They’ve been advised, for the full installation package, to contact Kaspersky Technical Support, however, TS is not available unless a Kaspersky license is held, if you don’t hold a Kaspersky software license, still contact them, as it’s (apparently) the only way to get a full installation package🤔

• Include a detailed history, images if relevant & a GSI & Windows Log
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will communicate with you, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in your MyKaspersky account.

Please let us know the outcome when it’s available? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

@FLOOD,

1. Product was not detected, select product from list to force remove.
  2. Yes, same result.

I’ve been able to attach the log file generated after trying again silent installation command. Hope now it is useful.

Hello,

The installation log show: product.msi and kleaner.cab not found. Where do you download the installation file? Do you use an online installation file (2MB) ? 

Regards.