"Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Home" windows popping-up multiple times every few minutes or hours

Go to solution Solved by Vasily Burov,

From last few days two window popups of “Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Home” started appearing again and again after every few minutes or hours, even without clicking on kespersky icon in taskbar tray. Before that this popup only appears when I click on the kespersky icon in taskbar tray icon. 

This is getting really annoying. 

Before that it was really good, only showing a popup automatically when internet is not connected, which is understandable. But now it is showing these two popups (screenshot attached) every now and then. 

Can you please help me to fix this issue.

Thanks

@Vasily Burov 

I did click on the Read Button. Now the read popup is not appearing but the Kaspersky Ransomware’s main Window (screenshot attached) still popping up every now and then. I want to disable this behavior because it is very annoying.

Kaspersky Ransomware’s main Window Popup

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi, Mutahhar!

We were able to reproduce the problem and will be looking for a way to fix it. I'll keep you up to date.

Workaround: you can download the latest version of product from the site (Free Ransomware Protection | Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool), uninstall product from computer and then install it again by downloaded installer.

Thanks.

I tried to un-install the software completely but something went wrong. It is no longer in the list of programs that I can uninstall listed in the Windows Control Panel->Programs. However it is still popping up in the windows systray. I expected to be able to find a Setup.exe that I could run to carry out a complete un-install but was not able to find one. I have also seen similar issue to what was described in this thread, but now I just need help uninstalling the product from my computer. Thank you in advance. The version is: 5.0.0.3886. I have tried to download and re-install but it says it cannot and to contact technical support. It is on a Windows 10 Pro computer. 

I tried to un-install the software completely but something went wrong. It is no longer in the list of programs that I can uninstall listed in the Windows Control Panel->Programs. However it is still popping up in the windows systray. I expected to be able to find a Setup.exe that I could run to carry out a complete un-install but was not able to find one. I have also seen similar issue to what was described in this thread, but now I just need help uninstalling the product from my computer. Thank you in advance. The version is: 5.0.0.3886. I have tried to download and re-install but it says it cannot and to contact technical support. It is on a Windows 10 Pro computer. 

Hi, beritogove!

In this situation you can use the “Kaspersky remover tool” (Removal tool for Kaspersky applications (kavremover)). It is free tool for removing Kaspersky applications that cannot be removed completely using standard Windows tools.

Thanks.