Kaspersky Anti banner is not blocking youtube advertisements

Go to solution Solved by Flood and Flood's wife,

Hello @Apal 
Thank you!
We're able to replicate the issue, however, for us, it's in Chrome & Edge Chromium; we did not test Firefox. 
To test/attempt to resolve we did the following:

1. Confirmed there are no extensions / addons installed in the browsers other than Kaspersky protection extension. 
  2. Edge Chromium: removed all cookies and site data - edge://settings/siteData & cleared history, all time.
  3. Chrome: removed all cookies and site data - chrome://settings/siteData, & cleared history, all time.
  4. Cleared Youtube history. 
  5. For Youtube, confirmed Kaspersky Protection extension, Private browsing was set to Block.
  6. For Youtube, confirmed Kaspersky Protection extension, Anti-Banner was enabled.
  7. Kaspersky application, reset Settings to Default. 
  8. Ran Kaspersky Privacy cleaner.
  9. Ran Kaspersky Unused data cleaner. 
  10. Ran the same tests under a new Windows user account.
  11. Ran the same tests under a new Windows account on a second device. 

Please check/confirm steps 1 to 10, then, if the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application, Other template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data; they will guide you. We recommend making a video showing "Anti banner is not blocking Youtube advertisements’ & give a detailed history:

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the Incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When Technical Support provide an answer, please share their information, with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Apal 
Thank you!
We're able to replicate the issue, however, for us, it's in Chrome & Edge Chromium; we did not test Firefox. 
To test/attempt to resolve we did the following:

1. Confirmed there are no extensions / addons installed in the browsers other than Kaspersky protection extension. 
  2. Edge Chromium: removed all cookies and site data - edge://settings/siteData & cleared history, all time.
  3. Chrome: removed all cookies and site data - chrome://settings/siteData, & cleared history, all time.
  4. Cleared Youtube history. 
  5. For Youtube, confirmed Kaspersky Protection extension, Private browsing was set to Block.
  6. For Youtube, confirmed Kaspersky Protection extension, Anti-Banner was enabled.
  7. Kaspersky application, reset Settings to Default. 
  8. Ran Kaspersky Privacy cleaner.
  9. Ran Kaspersky Unused data cleaner. 
  10. Ran the same tests under a new Windows user account.
  11. Ran the same tests under a new Windows account on a second device. 

Please check/confirm steps 1 to 10, then, if the issue persists, log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application, Other template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data; they will guide you. We recommend making a video showing "Anti banner is not blocking Youtube advertisements’ & give a detailed history:

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the Incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 
  • After submitting the case, you’ll receive an automated email with an INC+12digits reference number, then, normally, within 5 business days, a Kaspersky Technical Support human will be in touch, also by email, you may continue to engage with the Kaspersky Technical Team via email or by updating the INC in their MyKaspersky account.

When Technical Support provide an answer, please share their information, with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I have contacted Kaspersky via live chat, they said that this issue is known to them and we have to wait for the same to be resolved by Google. Hence, I switched to Firefox which is a memory usage hogger.

I have contacted Kaspersky via live chat, they said that this issue is known to them and we have to wait for the same to be resolved by Google. Hence, I switched to Firefox which is a memory usage hogger.

Hello @Apal

Thank you for the update👌

Interesting, given Feb 2020, Google put new restrictions on video ads in its Chrome browser and on YouTube - reference Google Chromium blog.

&, if the issue is due to Google, why has it just shown up after patch(b) has been distributed? Why didn’t the issue exist with 21.3.10.391(a)? 🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Apal

Thank you for the update👌

Interesting, given Feb 2020, Google put new restrictions on video ads in its Chrome browser and on YouTube - reference Google Chromium blog.

&, if the issue is due to Google, why has it just shown up after patch(b) has been distributed? Why didn’t the issue exist with 21.3.10.391(a)? 🤔

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

They said that this issue is due to them, but, they don't have any resolution yet. So, it's requested kindly make this as trending topic in this community.

I have contacted Kaspersky via live chat, they said that this issue is known to them and we have to wait for the same to be resolved by Google. 

They said that this issue is due to them, but, they don't have any resolution yet. 

Hello @Apal

Thank you for the updated information👌

1. Did Support give you a INC+12 digits request number & or a BUG reference number? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I have contacted Kaspersky via live chat, they said that this issue is known to them and we have to wait for the same to be resolved by Google. 

They said that this issue is due to them, but, they don't have any resolution yet. 

Hello @Apal

Thank you for the updated information👌

1. Did Support give you a INC+12 digits request number & or a BUG reference number? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

INC000012789984, this is the request number. But, now no one is responding.

Hello @Apal

Thanks for the update👌

What do you mean no-one is responding?

Please provide more detail so we understand? 

Not: If they’ve said they are going to fix it; they just don’t know when, then they may take some time. 

As far as them saying it’s up to Google; the same issue exists for Firefox & Edge Chromium; (ioo), it’s up to Kaspersky. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Apal

Thanks for the update👌

What do you mean no-one is responding?

Please provide more detail so we understand? 

Not: If they’ve said they are going to fix it; they just don’t know when, then they may take some time. 

As far as them saying it’s up to Google; the same issue exists for Firefox & Edge Chromium; (ioo), it’s up to Kaspersky. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

The one, I raised in live chat is closed by the agent stating that in other browsers it would work properly. But, after 1 day, neither of the browsers edge, firefox working. In every browser, it’s not blocking youtube ads. I even tried reinstalling kaspersky, still no success. In my other laptop, it’s working properly. Now, I became fully mad. Why in my hp laptop, it’s not working ? I even tried reinstalling the browsers. I don’t have anymore options left. Advise me please.

Hello @Apal

In our tests, all browsers, Youtube, Anti-banner is not working. 

1. How could they possibly close an INC that they’ve supposedly escalated to Kaspersky HQ in Russia, to be fixed? 
  2. In the closed INC, do they give a reason for closing  the request? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Because they given the solution to wait for google update and I agreed, so, they closed them. But, after that day, in every browser, it’s not working. So, I again raised a request via my kaspersky “Open Request” section and shared with you the number. 

In your tests also, it’s not working. But, in my another laptop with latest windows 10, it’s working properly in every browsers.

Because they given the solution to wait for google update and I agreed, so, they closed them. But, after that day, in every browser, it’s not working. So, I again raised a request via my kaspersky “Open Request” section and shared with you the number. 

In your tests also, it’s not working.

But, in my another laptop with latest windows 10, it’s working properly in every browsers.

Hello @Apal

Working in other browsers” is not a solution

So, there’s a closed INC & and open INC - is that correct? 

IF “yes”, don’t worry about the closed INC.

If the new INC has not been updated  by them, do not worry, it may take several days; just make sure it’s not closed again prematurely. 

At the end of the day you need to work with the Technical Support team, did they ask for Traces, Logs & other data? 

When you connect via LiveChat, what is actually happening? 

We don’t have any information in this topic about the other laptop → OS, KIS version & patch(x), Windows updates etc?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

In your tests also, it’s not working.

But, in my another laptop with latest windows 10, it’s working properly in every browsers.

Hello @Apal

Working in other browsers” is not a solution

So, there’s a closed INC & and open INC - is that correct? 

IF “yes”, don’t worry about the closed INC.

If the new INC has not been updated  by them, do not worry, it may take several days; just make sure it’s not closed again prematurely. 

At the end of the day you need to work with the Technical Support team, did they ask for Traces, Logs & other data? 

When you connect via LiveChat, what is actually happening? 

We don’t have any information in this topic about the other laptop → OS, KIS version & patch(x), Windows updates etc?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Other laptop has exactly same versions of the kis, extension and windows 20h2 version.

Hello @Apal,

Thank you!

Support will need traces, logs & data, to see what’s happening in your devices. 

1. When you connect via LiveChat, what is actually happening? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, I am noticing that if we stop the play button of youtube video ad before it starts playing, then it blocks that ad. That means it is triggering the ad block lately. Kindly check in your system and revert back to me. This shows that it’s a bug.

Hello @Apal,

Thank you!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello, I am noticing that if we stop the play button of youtube video ad before it starts playing, then it blocks that ad. That means it is triggering the ad block lately. Kindly check in your system and revert back to me. This shows that it’s a bug.

Hello @Apal

Support will need traces, logs & data, to see what’s happening in your devices

1. When you connect via LiveChat, what is actually happening

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Apal,

Thank you!

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Apal

Support will need traces, logs & data, to see what’s happening in your devices

1. When you connect via LiveChat, what is actually happening

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

They mailed me for the GSI reports and traces. I given the above mentioned to them, just waiting for their response.

I was reading through Apal’s thread on this same issue and was wondering if it is the same issue and cause.

I got a windows update yesterday and after it the anti-banner has stopped blocking the ads in youtube videos. This has happened before and I’ve always been able to fix it simply by restarting the computer for the most part. However this time it won’t fix itself. I have tried restarting the computer, closing and restarting KIS, closing and restarting the extension, expanding the anti-banner filters, verifying that private browsing on,  that the anti-banner is still allowed to work on youtube, resetting chrome, and pretty much anything else I could find through googling the issue as solutions. 

Like with Apal another device in the house is still running youtube with no issue with the anti-banner, however it did not get forced into installing an new windows update yesterday. And I know the anti-banner is also not working on Edge, don’t have firefox to check.

OS version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.985) (The other computer is still using 20H2 (OS Build 19042.928))
Kaspersky Internet Security 21.3.10.381(b) 

So is it the same thing and I just need to wait for a patch on windows/googles end or should I be trying to the roll back to the last OS version I had where the anti-banner was working as it seems to me like Microsoft has been breaking things like usual.

Hello @Cursed

Welcome!

There’s definitely an issue, who’s responsibility it is to fix is a moot point. 

For us, no Windows updates preceded the return of advertising in YouTube. 

The last Google update was 26/04/2021 - they may have changed something… 

We just logged a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, they claim no current known YouTube advertising issues🤔

• You may wish to log a case with log a case with Kaspersky Technical Support, fill in the Application malfunction, Other template; Support may request Traces, Logs & other data; they will guide you. We recommend making a video showing "Youtube ads slipping past anti-banner.

• Logs & traces can be big to very big; run for only as long as it takes to replicate the issue &, if any of the files cannot be attached to the Incident, don’t use Webdav, simply upload the files to any cloud service of your choice, create a share link & add the share link to the incident. 

When Technical Support provide an answer, please share their information with the Community? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

Hello @Cursed

Welcome!

There’s definitely an issue, who’s responsibility it is to fix is a moot point. 

For us, no Windows updates preceded the return of advertising in YouTube. 

The last Google update was 26/04/2021 - they may have changed something… 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋

I can’t say for sure that the windows update really has anything to do with it. But I can say is that I was watching Youtube videos with no issue and then decided to clear the update notice. After completing the update restart process and reopening Chrome Youtube had ads. Really thinking of uninstall that update just to see if the anti-banner resumes working. 

I can’t say for sure that the windows update really has anything to do with it. But I can say is that I was watching Youtube videos with no issue and then decided to clear the update notice. After completing the update restart process and reopening Chrome Youtube had ads. Really thinking of uninstall that update just to see if the anti-banner resumes working. 

Hello @Cursed

Thank you for replying👌

It’s an option, however, create a System Restore point before doing so.

& keep us posted please? 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳 +🐋