Kaspersky and NextDNS incompatibility, 'invalid certificate"

For a couple weeks, ive been noticing sites being blocked due to “SSL connection with invalid certificate detected” in Kaspersky Security Cloud Free, and only now I realized its only when my DNS (NextDNS) is running, and the only way ive been able to sort of fix it has disabling encrypted connection scanning or adding the sites to the exclusions, and I was wondering if there was some other way to fix it.

Hi @EndangeredPootsiBird , 

NextDNS protects you from all kinds of security threats, blocks ads and trackers on websites and in apps and provides a safe and supervised Internet for kids — on all devices and on all networks.

It seems NextDNS is acting as a security filter, having two security filters (NextDNS and Kaspersky) - can cause issues, like the one you encountered. 

Exclusions is a reasonable workaround. 

Hi @EndangeredPootsiBird , 

NextDNS protects you from all kinds of security threats, blocks ads and trackers on websites and in apps and provides a safe and supervised Internet for kids — on all devices and on all networks.

It seems NextDNS is acting as a security filter, having two security filters (NextDNS and Kaspersky) - can cause issues, like the one you encountered. 

Exclusions is a reasonable workaround. 

I think I found the problem, I had completely forgot to install NextDNS’s root certificate, I disabled the exclusions to see if that was the problem, that took care of it (hopefully, as it has only been a few hours).