Kaspersky affects Google language and location

Kaspersky sets up the secure connection via different countries and this affects how Google and others respond. If the connection is via Ukraine, I get adverts in Ukrainian and Google maps opens in Ukraine, if via Denmark then the same in Danish. I’ve been on tour of Europe with this and find it a bit irritating - is there some way to stop this behaviour or is a “feature and not a bug?”

Any ideas? Have others found this? 

Hello @David80,

Welcome!

Is KSC licensed? 

If not, the remote virtual location is selected automatically, with no capacity to be overridden. 

Please let me know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Resources:

Further to my reply, I think I now get it - what I have is the “mini-KSC” which only allows automatic connection with no choice of country. If I want to be able to select the country (from the limited list available) and avoid getting maps in Danish and Google messages in Ukranian etc, I have buy the “Super KSC” package - is that right?

David80

Hello @David80,

Thank you for replying👌

Kaspersky Secure Connection is available in two versions: free and extended (licensed).

• 🅰 The free version is limited in its functionality, as follows: 
  1. 200 MB daily, increases to 300 MB daily, if a one time connection is made to the MyKaspersky account. 
  2. 18 remote virtual locations, automatically selected by the application.  
  3. Maximum number of connected devices, unlimited.
  4. Advertising.
  5. No Technical Support.
  • 🅱 The Licensed, Extended version has the following features:
  1. Unlimited protected traffic per day.
  2. 18 remote virtual locations, the subscriber may select any remote virtual location from the 18 available. 
  3. Maximum number of connected devices, 5.
  4. No advertising. 
  5. Technical Support. 
  • When Kaspersky Secure Connection is installed, it’s the free version of the application.
  • To switch to an extended, licensed version, it's necessary to buy and activate a subscription. 
  • Subscriptions to Kaspersky Secure Connection can be for one month or one year.
  • The subscription features auto-renewal.
  • The subscription will be renewed at the end of the subscription period unless it is cancelled.
  • Auto-renewal can be cancelled if (you) choose to renew the yearly subscription manually.
  • If the subscription is not renewed, the app will switch back to the free version.
  • Buying an additional subscription will not allow using it on more devices than that allowed under one subscription.

Licensed, extended version, all remote virtual servers can be selected. Additional features as listed above. 

Gold crowns to the right of  the various remote virtual locations, shows the version is free, unlicensed Kaspersky Secure Connection. 

And, the “Get more” advisory at the bottom of the Kaspersky Secure Connection window. 

Technology used in the application - Servers encrypting and redirecting user traffic are located in different countries around the world, including the USA, Germany, Singapore and many others. They are provided by Kaspersky’s partner, the software company AnchorFree, using their Hotspot Shield technology. By default, user traffic goes through the quickest virtual server available at the time, which could be located in another country. 

• Please let me know if there’s any further information required?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @David80,

You’re very welcome!

• Thank you for replying and your questions👌 

If the Licensed, Extended, (Kaspersky also calls it Premium) subscription is purchased, (you) can choose any remote virtual location with a language suitable to your requirements. 

Or learn 16 foreign languages😉

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

1. Advertising.
  2. No Technical Support.

Apologies for jumping into conversation. I cannot confirm these 2 bullets from my experience. Also I wasn`t able to find such information anywhere on Kaspersky sites.

I don`t have ads from Kaspersky, nor my support requests were rejected when I was a free version user.

Hello @molann.,

Welcome again!

You’re lucky!

Kaspersky is very open about their free software may have advertising and they always advise “no Technical Support” for their free software. 

As an example: 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

This doesn`t look like a window from Secure Connection. In my case there is no such reference:

I believe this policy is not applicable to Kaspersky freemium products, such as Secure Connection.

Anyways - my support requests were always handled even as for a free user.

Regarding ads - never seen any ads in Kaspersky products.

Note the words preceeding the image  “As an example”  @molann. It’s not the Kaspersky Secure Connection Support window. 

Extended version, Premium version, Licensed version. 

Technical support is available only to users of the extended version of the application.

Standard version, Free version, Freemium version. 

No technical support is provided to users of the standard version of the application.

Next time the fat little green midorikuma bombs our screens, we’ll invest the time & energy to capture the pretty pictures just for you. 

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳