Kaspersky "acts" very slow compared with some other antiviruses

total
Go to solution Solved by total,

Hello,

If I have a password protected malware and I "un-zip" it , Kaspersky first will display a yellow triangle on its own icon in taskbar and, 5 sec later will delete and quarantine the offender.

By comparison, another AV will quarantine the offender the second I "un-zip" it.

Why is the delay in Kaspersky and what happens in those 5 sec?

Thanks!

If you want to be an as***le, so be it.

A"suspected" file is not accessible while Kaspersky is doing whatever is doing. You "click" on it over and over again , only to get a message from Kaspersky, after 5 sec, that the file is malicious.

Some other antiviruses will provide an instant classification  (xxxxxxxx for example)

You want ban?

You are not respected forum rules. 

I am sure that mods knows what can do with this. 

Also why 5 sec and not 1 because kaspersky and kaspersky components working like that. It is not so important time but correct detection.

Screenshot_20230602_224722_Brave.jpg

1 hour ago, nexon said:

because kaspersky and kaspersky components working like that

I do appreciate your effort , but if you just provide meaningless information ( kaspersky components working like that) , better not.

I am not a novice in antivirus world and I would appreciate a documented answer.

As I said, it is hugely inconvenient to download a file and not to be able to open it for 4-5 sec while Kaspersky is doing its determination.

Most antiviruses will do this determination instantly.

5 hours ago, nexon said:
  1. Also why 5 sec and not 1 because kaspersky and kaspersky components working like that. It is not so important time but correct detection.
3 hours ago, total said:

2. I do appreciate your effort, but if you just provide meaningless information ( kaspersky components working like that), better not.

3. I am not a novice in antivirus world and I would appreciate a documented answer.

4. As I said, it is hugely inconvenient to download a file and not to be able to open it for 4-5 sec while Kaspersky is doing its determination.

5. Most antiviruses will do this determination instantly.

1. Not verified, not supported & either are not possible to be determined by *any* Kaspersky Community member, here in the Community & without an analysis of data - which is also not possible here in the Community due to Community Guideline that prevents the submission of data to protect Kaspersky user's privacy: (Abbrv) Violation: Request for the publication of information, including reports and logs, that may contain personal data or confidential data.

Hello @total

Welcome!

• 2. (ioo), under the circumstances you're being very gracious. 
  • 3. There are no documented answers for the unsupported statements such as have been made in the previous replies. 
  • 4. Exactly, so, does this issue happen with *every* password protected malware zipped file?
  • 5. Which OS version & build, refer: Find OS version & build?
  • 6. Which Kaspersky version & patch(x) = letter, on the Windows taskbar or hidden icons, right click the Kaspersky icon, select About
  • 7. Has the 5sec delay *always* happened or is it *new*? 
  • 8. IF *new*, has Kaspersky been *Restored* to default settings, the system rebooted with a Shutdown, not Restart & rechecked? 
  • 9. IF the issue is persistent & *old*, has a *clean* install of Kaspersky software been done, saving License data *only* [ Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows® ] ? 
  • Has the issue been tested with Kaspersky's *new* release software: Kaspersky: Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium - info & FAQ
  • 10. Has the issue ever been logged with Kaspersky, to allow them to analyze data from zipped file/machine? IF *no*, on the support page, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Resource:

Read before you create a new topic! by Danila T.

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

10. Has the issue ever been logged with Kaspersky, to allow them to analyze data from zipped file/machine?

If the issue would have been analyzed by Kaspersky, I wouldn't have asked here on forum......

1 hour ago, Flood and Flood's wife said:

Not verified, not supported & either are not possible to be determined

Very "possible" . 

Download any infected file from Malwarebazaar (password protected) and unzip it on your PC  (real PC not VM). With Kaspersky antivirus on default installation, you will see a yellow triangle on Kaspersky icon on taskbar (for 4-6 sec) while the unzipped file is not accessible / not responding.

After 5 sec Kaspersky will inform you that bla.bla.bla has been detected and quarantined.

8 minutes ago, total said:

Download any infected file from Malwarebazaar (password protected) and unzip it on your PC  (real PC not VM). With Kaspersky antivirus on default installation, you will see a yellow triangle on Kaspersky icon on taskbar (for 4-6 sec) while the unzipped file is not accessible / not responding.

After 5 sec Kaspersky will inform you that bla.bla.bla has been detected and quarantined.

Hello @total

You're most welcome!

Thank you for posting back!

?The issue cannot be analyzed here in the Community.  

• Please log the issue with Kaspersky Customer Serviceon the support page, https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
pn
  • Like 1

@total

Also , about Kaspersky Quarantine :

Backup copies of deleted or disinfected files are placed in a special folder on your computer, named Quarantine

In some cases disinfection before moving to Quarantine may take some seconds.

• Like 1

• Solution
On 6/3/2023 at 3:08 AM, Berny said:

may take some seconds.

Hello Berny,

You are not far from the truth...

If KAV is set to "Perform the recommended actions automatically"  , Kaspersky will display a yellow warning sign on its icon and will copy the file to quarantine, delete or disinfect and finally will display the red warning pop up , informing you about what happened. Between the yellow triangle and red pop-up you may have 5-8 sec

If KAV is et in interactive mode, the red pop-up is instantaneous , asking for your decision; once you specify what to do, Kaspersky will perform the action "behind the scene" , so the user will not notice any delay.