Kasperky Mobile

Hello, 

I was testing Kaspersky on my Android tablet with some antivirus test apps, and found that Kaspersky didn't detect the test app "zoner antivirus test"....?! The build in security program from Samsung allerted me but not Kaspersky, even when opening the app... 

I then downloaded a few other antivirus apps and they all detected it during installation or after full scan! 

What did I miss.... Or is Kaspersky missing this time ? I always thought that it has a 100 % detection rate on Android... 

I have less than a week before my lisence expires and am a bit disappointed ? 

Thanks for your reactions, 

Sven 

Edited by Kempie

Hey,

I'm surprised that nobody is reacting to my post regarding the "zoner antivirus test" app...

Is this the wrong forum for detection issues or is nobody interested in the fact that Kaspersky mobile missed a virus on Android...? OK maybe it isn't a real virus (Eicar testvirus) but again if other apps detected it why not Kaspersky?

As a long time user i am disappointed in the lack of interest.

Sven

2 horas atrás, Kempie disse:

Hey,

I'm surprised that nobody is reacting to my post regarding the "zoner antivirus test" app...

Is this the wrong forum for detection issues or is nobody interested in the fact that Kaspersky mobile missed a virus on Android...? OK maybe it isn't a real virus (Eicar testvirus) but again if other apps detected it why not Kaspersky?

As a long time user i am disappointed in the lack of interest.

Sven

It could be a false positive, do you have a print talking about it in detail?

On 2/7/2023 at 7:45 AM, Kempie said:
  1. I was testing Kaspersky on my Android tablet
  2. with some antivirus test apps and found that Kaspersky didn't detect the test app "zoner antivirus test"....?! The build in security program from Samsung alerted me but not Kaspersky, even when opening the app... 
  3. I then downloaded a few other antivirus apps and they all detected it during installation or after full scan! 
  4. What did I miss.... Or is Kaspersky missing this time ? I always thought that it has a 100 % detection rate on Android... 
  5. I have less than a week before my license expires and am a bit disappointed ? 

Hello @Kempie, Sven, 

Welcome back!

1. Read before you create a new topic!
  2. ?
  3. ?
  4. Information

FYI @Kempie, Sven, we did test & got some results, but, with respect, your post is so obscure & so lacking in information, we gave up; you've been around the forum long enough to know to provide specific information.

IF you have concerns about Kaspersky's new software release, please raise it with their technical experts, via their support service, you know the process, however, in case you've forgotten: on the support page: https://support.kaspersky.com/b2c#contacts, select either Chat or Email, then fill in Application malfunction, Other template; please include any screen images of the error & a detailed history. Support may request logs, traces & other data; they will guide you. 

• Please share the outcome with the Community, when it's available? 

Thank you?
Flood?+?

Edited by Flood and Flood's wife
added support guide
  • Haha 1