Kapersky icon disappeared from taskbar

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Hello,

My Kapersky icon is not appearing in the taskbar. I see the icon with the lock for the secure connection, but the (usually) green icon for Kapersky is greyed out. I logged onto My Kapersky & my destop is still shown but seems to be looping and trying to “examine” the PC. Apparently I need to update the DB, but when I click the button, after a while it comes back with the message that the command could not be sent & I should try again later. I am not able to use Safe Money either.

I seems to be a connection problem, but the traffic volume is still being monitored.

How can I activate the icon & access the dashboard again?

Happy for any tips

Meeta

Hi Flood, thanks for the tip, but even the grey shield is only there for like a mili-second & I can’t right clik it fast enough. Am just running the GSI report - it takes ages…..

This is what my kapersky icon looks like when I right clik the taskbar. There is no “resume protection” available

Hello @Meeta,

Thank you👌

• When the GSI tool was run was Windows Logs option ticked as well?  If “no”, please rerun the tool and resubmit please?

&

• If the tiny ^ is selected is there another Kaspersky Internet Security icon?

• Also, the icon in the image is green, we’re a little confused, has the grey icon now turned green? 

Please let us know?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hi Flood, I pinned the green icon from my programs to the taskbar. This is what it looks like when I select the tiny ^ . There is no grey shield anymore.

Hello @Meeta,

Thank you👌

• 1 Create a System Restore Point
  • 2 Run Windows in Safe Mode, delete everything in: 

[a] C:\Windows\Temp 

C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Local\Temp

• 3 Return to Normal mode
  • 4Uninstall KIS, follow the documentation carefullysave License information ONLY; at the completion of the uninstall, shutdown device using full Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login → 
  • 5 Download and install new KIS, follow the documentation carefully; at the completion of the install, shutdown device using full Shutdown, not Restart, power on, login →
  • 6Recheck original issue, if it persists run a new GSI & Windows Logs & post back? 

Let us know the outcome please?

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

Hello @Meeta,

From the data & all the information you’ve provided thus far, the current KIS installation is sick:

Anwendung: avpui.exe
Framework version: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Die Anwendung forderte die Beendigung des Prozesses durch System.Environment.FailFast (Zeichenfolgenmeldung) an.
Meldung: Terminate on fatal exception on start application

Thank you🙏

Flood🐳

• Solution

Hi,

I wasn’t sure how to do all the above. What I did do was to:

1. delete the temp files as suggested above
  2. run the disk cleanup in explorer
  3. delete some unused programs
  4. do a restart
  5. somehow KIS is now working again😀

Which makes me really happy, since I was a little concerned about non-protection.

Many thanks!