JS script injected for all pages in Chrome even for unmonitored account [un-cross-posted] [Closed]

muczaczo
Go to solution Solved by Schulte,

I have just discovered that when loading any webpage in Chrome (Windows 10), Kaspersky SafeKids (v1.0.5.4096) injects JS script (with URL similar to: https://gc.ksk.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com/[some_kind_of_GUID]/main.js) EVEN when I am using Chrome when logged in windows account which is NOT monitored by Kaskpersky Safe Kids... How to disable this behavior? In my oppinion any type of tracking/monitoring should be disabled when logged in for non-child account!

When loading any webpage in Chrome (Windows 10), Kaspersky SafeKids (v1.0.5.4096) injects JS script (with URL similar to: https://gc.ksk.v2.scr.kaspersky-labs.com/ [some_kind_of_GUID]/main.js) EVEN when I am using Chrome when logged in windows account which is NOT monitored by Kaspersky Safe Kids...
Hello muczaczo, Welcome! I've just tested, with KSK managing a child's account & without, I'm unable to replicate the issue, to help us troubleshoot, please post the actual url and an image please? Thank you?

For information for those interested - I used the Privacy Badger plugin as recommended at https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/3frjqw/psa_kaspersky_injects_remote_javascript_into_all/#t1_cvr5rkv (the plugin by default allowed the script to be loaded from the address ff.kis.scr.kaspersky-labs.com but I turned it off)

For information for those interested - I used the Privacy Badger plugin as recommended at https://www.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/3frjqw/psa_kaspersky_injects_remote_javascript_into_all/#t1_cvr5rkv (the plugin by default allowed the script to be loaded from the address ff.kis.scr.kaspersky-labs.com but I turned it off)
Hello muczaczo, Thanks for posting back. I'm sure there'll be someone who's interested. Cheers.

The script is probably not always injected - e.g. when I go to google.com. I have attached a screenshot from the Chrome dev:nsole...
muczaczo, 3 things: (1) Please copy any relevant urls and post back? (2) Your topic is in KIS.
  1. Do you use KIS as well as KSK?
(3) Recently Kaspersky fixed "Spying" BUG, for KIS/KTS/KAV/KAVF 2019 & KSOS6.
  1. IF you ALSO use KIS19, upgrade to KIS20 using correct uninstall/download/install procedures
  2. (a) Check system & software compatibility KIS20, PREPARE system, & DISINFECT, BEFORE loading ANY Kaspersky software
  3. (b) UNINSTALL KIS, save license info only.
  4. (c) REBOOT FULL shutdown
  5. (d) Restart device, download and install KIS20.
  6. (e) REBOOT FULL shutdown
  7. (f) Restart, clean ALL browsers - saving only BOOKMARKS
  8. (g) Run KIS PRIVACY CLEANER
  9. (h) REBOOT FULL shutdown
  10. (i) Restart
(A) Recheck issue, if "ff.kis.scr.kaspersky-labs.com", continues, report to Kaspersky Technical Supportthrough the correct channel, Technical Support Contact pagechoose, Location, select General Product Use, select from available options:
  1. Phone (not available all locations)
  2. Online Chat (not available all locations)
  3. MyKaspersky web portal
(B) IF NO other Kaspersky software other than KSK is installed. report to Kaspersky Technical Support through the correct channel, follow contact information in (A) Engaging with Kaspersky Technical Support please provide Kaspersky Lab with timely responses, information about the purchased License and any information that might be reasonably needed (logs, malware samples, etc.) as part of the remediation or Incident resolution process. Kaspersky Lab’s Support Team may also request that the Customer use additional Kaspersky Lab utilities whenever it is crucial for Incident resolution.
  1. Trace files, logs, data run at the same time the issue is replicated
  2. GSI & Windows logs
Thank you.

• 1 month later...